« on: August 02, 2011, 02:44:02 PM »
See below, changes to the Replacements Regulations.
How does everyone think the rolling subs will effect the games and what do you think of the increase to 5 subs? Will it have an effect on the final league standings?
Rolling Replacements” at Levels 9 and below in league games.
1. At Level 9 and below, up to a maximum of 5 players may be named as replacements and players will be allowed to “roll on and roll off” on an unlimited basis, to hopefully maintain 15 players a side on the field of play at all times, other than when the game has moved to uncontested scrums when the side causing the uncontested scrums plays with 1 player fewer.
2. There is no compulsion to have 5 replacements and sides do not have to have equal numbers of replacements.
3. Replacements will be made, with the referees permission, at stoppages of play other than at penalty and free kick situations, to make sure that a replacement doesn’t come on to the field of play simply to take a kick at goal and then be replaced again.
4. The requirement to have one replacement front row player within the squad is still necessary, so that at the first time of asking a side can replace a front row player in order that the game carries on with contested scrums.
5. This rule is not intended to encourage clubs to pick the maximum number of replacements for league games to the detriment of turning out a second or third XV.