$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; North Premier 18/19

North Premier 18/19

This is a discussion for the topic North Premier 18/19 on the board Regional One (North East).

Author Topic: North Premier 18/19  (Read 21606 times)

semajdrib1989

• Finding my feet
Reply #15 on: May 15, 2018, 10:36:32 AM
There will be 17 clubs at level 5 for the 2018/19 season from the Northern Counties (Cumbria, Northumberland, Lancashire, Durham, Cheshire and Yorkshire)

They are as follows:

Alnwick
Billingham
Blaydon
Doncaster Phoenix
Harroagte
Hull
Ilkley
Kendal
Kirby Lonsdale
Lymm
Rossendale
Sandal
Sandbach
Sheffield
Vale of Lune
Wilmslow
Wirral

Before any movement is decided by the RFU there are currently:
12 clubs at level 5 for the 2018/19 season from the Midlands Counties.
13 clubs at level 5 for the 2018/19 season from the South East Counties.
14 clubs at level 5 for the 2018/19 season from the South West Counties.

I predict that Doncaster Phoenix, Sheffield and Sandbach will play in the Midlands Premier and one of the southern based Midlands clubs will move to the South East. This will leave 14 clubs in each of the four regional Premier Leagues.

Pristine Shorts

• A little respect please...
Reply #16 on: May 15, 2018, 11:22:31 AM
In any event, I’m looking forward to my trip to Alnwick !

Stevo

• One of the boys
Reply #17 on: May 15, 2018, 12:14:40 PM
Alnwick is a fantastic club and they are very welcoming to one and all

Yorkie

• Finding my feet
  • East Yorkshireman through and through.
Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 06:04:04 PM
backrowbandit,

Due to a league reorganisation Hull were relocated into Yorkshire One at the end of season 1999-2000 after finishing 7th in a league of 10. We had two seasons at that level before regaining our former status in division North Two East. Whilst in Yorkshire One we first played Scarborough in a league fixture.  We got as high as National Two North where we had six seasons before dropping back to level 5 again 3 seasons ago.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 06:05:56 PM by Yorkie »

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #19 on: May 16, 2018, 10:52:30 PM
Thanks for the clarification - I remember us playing them.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Renegade

• Finding my feet
Reply #20 on: May 17, 2018, 02:11:55 PM
Blaydon have plenty of problems, no longer pay any players so have had to rely on their ability to attract good youth locally but they probably aren't the favoured option now as no longer a national league outfit.

They've got Tynedale at level 4 up the valley and Alnwick in Northumberland and now have Billingham in Teeside area where they used to attract a lot of players from. Plus Consett at level below in NE1 who are only a few mile away and I know a few Consett lads who left for Blaydon are now heading back to play in that league instead.

Lovely club Blaydon but I worry how far they will slide before they stop a bit like Darlington?

Hit Man Hall

• Finding my feet
Reply #21 on: May 21, 2018, 09:15:04 PM
Blaydon have plenty of problems, no longer pay any players so have had to rely on their ability to attract good youth locally but they probably aren't the favoured option now as no longer a national league outfit.

They've got Tynedale at level 4 up the valley and Alnwick in Northumberland and now have Billingham in Teeside area where they used to attract a lot of players from. Plus Consett at level below in NE1 who are only a few mile away and I know a few Consett lads who left for Blaydon are now heading back to play in that league instead.

Lovely club Blaydon but I worry how far they will slide before they stop a bit like Darlington?

Nothing like Darlington, Darlington RFC fleeced, raped and stole players from all around them dangling the golden carrot, little did they know it would come back and bite them, short sighted and short lived they stole at least 13 Stockton players and even changed the colour of their shirts to Red so they felt at home! No resemblance to Blaydon.

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #22 on: May 25, 2018, 04:42:45 PM
It man

Unfortunate turn of phrase amongst that diatribe old boy . I am a bit old school though so I am from a dim and distant era.. you know when we stood for ladies and used napkins after our half time oranges .

I get what you are saying but ... always a but ... the people who left their parent clubs are also to blame ( you know loyalty desire to improve and support your own club etc etc) greed and avarice are the words that spring to mind . The ego of the people paying out to attract  other clubs players in this fashion is probably from the same mentality . Human nature infortunately ... or were those guys fed up of the way they were treated at their own clubs ?? A coach with rubbish plans .. big mouth ... egotistical .. no free ale or buses ... cold showers, barmaids with black teeth , pudding made from peas ..... ( what’s that about ) ...

kronos47

Reply #23 on: June 03, 2018, 12:52:09 AM
Sheffield Rugby Club will be playing in the Midlands National 3 league in 18/19.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Stars.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Welshwonder

• Finding my feet
Reply #24 on: June 03, 2018, 08:30:38 PM
Sheffield playing in Midlands Premier next season, have the rules been changed on level transfers as I  thought relegated teams could not level transfer. I appreciate that they got promoted out of the Midlands Division after transferring from the North but as a Northern club they should have returned to their parent division. Have they voluntarily transferred?

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #25 on: June 05, 2018, 08:50:14 AM
Probably chose a nice easy league...
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Sail By

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #26 on: June 05, 2018, 04:35:12 PM
The one that won in the Midlands vs North play off??   ;)

baconears

• Finding my feet
Reply #27 on: June 06, 2018, 08:12:39 AM
Where have the oranges gone?

kronos47

Reply #28 on: June 07, 2018, 02:41:29 PM
Sheffield playing in Midlands Premier next season, have the rules been changed on level transfers as I  thought relegated teams could not level transfer. I appreciate that they got promoted out of the Midlands Division after transferring from the North but as a Northern club they should have returned to their parent division. Have they voluntarily transferred?

I don’t think we had a choice.
Something must have changed as we were always a Northern club historically.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Stars.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #29 on: June 07, 2018, 03:29:37 PM
Crow nose

Well very obviously sheffield has changed ..it is no longer a gritty working class city . It’s a liberal university hall of residence is what it is ... last time I was there a man in a frock offered me something called halloumi toast pwith green salad and a compote of onion jam ! No wonder you’ve been exiled to southern league tutu...