$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; North Premier 18/19

North Premier 18/19

This is a discussion for the topic North Premier 18/19 on the board Regional One (North East).

Author Topic: North Premier 18/19  (Read 21763 times)

kronos47

• A little respect please...
Reply #30 on: June 08, 2018, 12:40:54 AM
Crow nose

Well very obviously sheffield has changed ..it is no longer a gritty working class city . It’s a liberal university hall of residence is what it is ... last time I was there a man in a frock offered me something called halloumi toast pwith green salad and a compote of onion jam ! No wonder you’ve been exiled to southern league tutu...

You are funny x
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Stars.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Ribbflagman

Reply #31 on: June 08, 2018, 09:35:03 PM
Hello K747
                     Is it right that you have tapped one of my nephews to play for you next season. Must be some package to tempt him away from a Nat 2 side. ???????????? That's 2 nephews  leaving Wharfedale and both first team regulars along with several others so I am told.
Make sure you look after him he's a good lad.

Bren

• Forum old hand
Reply #32 on: June 09, 2018, 09:25:53 AM
Just out of interest if someone was to make that commute to train and play surely they won’t be expected to train twice a week?? That’s a awful drive in rush hour even if your in South Yorkshire to start with!! Maybe this is the reason why I’ve never made it as a player ????????????
#lovesport

Ribbflagman

Reply #33 on: June 09, 2018, 06:11:21 PM
He was selected without training as they recognised the unacceptable distance to commute to train.

kronos47

Reply #34 on: June 10, 2018, 08:54:41 PM
Hello K747
                     Is it right that you have tapped one of my nephews to play for you next season. Must be some package to tempt him away from a Nat 2 side. ???????????? That's 2 nephews  leaving Wharfedale and both first team regulars along with several others so I am told.
Make sure you look after him he's a good lad.

I understand your nephew has signed for Sheffield Tigers. Don’t know anything about your other Nephew.
Rob will be up against Peter Swatkins for the FB spot unless Peter has moved into coaching.
No idea about the package. Perhaps you could tell me.
Don’t know about anyone else leaving the dale.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Ribbflagman

Reply #35 on: June 11, 2018, 11:31:43 AM
Adam Howard had followed Tom to Grasshoppers. Tom as player coach.

Ribbflagman

Reply #36 on: June 14, 2018, 01:16:38 PM
K47
       It would appear you are correct in that Robbie has signed for Tigers. Soulless place to play. I am informed the package is very similar to the one at Wharfedale.
Pity really as his family have strong links with Abbeydale but I suppose money  talks.

Renegade

• Finding my feet
Reply #37 on: June 14, 2018, 06:25:15 PM
Adam Howard has come on well, I played against him years ago as a pup when when he played for West Hartlepool TDSOB in DN2.

Was a strong lad then guess he’s just got stronger.

kronos47

Reply #38 on: June 15, 2018, 02:24:49 PM
K47
       It would appear you are correct in that Robbie has signed for Tigers. Soulless place to play. I am informed the package is very similar to the one at Wharfedale.
Pity really as his family have strong links with Abbeydale but I suppose money  talks.

I know he is your nephew but he is in my opinion an awkward beggar. Obviously a better pull playing any Nat 2 so not wholly surprising and I wish him the best going forward.
Tigers issues are front 5 related with one very good prop and the rest average at best. There backline is an excellent one. Teams just need to take them to the cleaners at scrum and  line out time to beat them.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Rob13

• Forum old hand
Reply #39 on: June 15, 2018, 05:35:21 PM
That’s not good for Wharfedale,that’s some quality players to lose and will take some replacing.

Ribbflagman

Reply #40 on: June 15, 2018, 09:29:15 PM
My insiders tell me that they are scouring clubs all over the North for replacements.
Maybe they will struggle to replace like for like.

Ribbflagman

Reply #41 on: June 15, 2018, 09:35:52 PM
K47  he lives only two miles from Dore moor and so his travel ex's are attractive
I would have liked him to go to Abbeydale 
 But as I said money talks.

kronos47

Reply #42 on: June 17, 2018, 12:41:07 AM
K47  he lives only two miles from Dore moor and so his travel ex's are attractive
I would have liked him to go to Abbeydale 
 But as I said money talks.

I honestly expect to see him at Abbeydale before the seasons over.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Ribbflagman

Reply #43 on: June 17, 2018, 12:45:59 AM
Was talking to Robbie tonight and he told me that he wanted to stay at Nat2 level. Plain and simple as that really.

Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #44 on: June 25, 2018, 03:53:37 PM
Adam Howard had followed Tom to Grasshoppers. Tom as player coach.
I am told Wharfedale have also lost two hookers in Ian Larkin & Stevie Graham.