Author Topic: Coaching vacancies  (Read 2262 times)

Offline Alf Hart

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching vacancies
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 06:28:22 PM »
Well my ancient sloth I think the Rfu are trying to say .... if you can spend twenty squillion quid on a fat gormless pug nosed bald gobby ‘has been’ who has a list of excuses for failure bigger than Jeremy Corbyn’s communist ethnically sourced nuclear free diversity supporters commune then we aren’t giving you any brass . I think they are also saying we’ve had enough of the tax dodging deceitfullness involved .

Like old Red I really aren’t that fussed if anyone gets paid for personal services or servicing . Is this possible to Police ... No . Will it be Policed ... No  ... because it’s all going to be done with brown envelopes tucked in boots or by some other ingenious and marvellously skullduggerous method . Back to the 1970’s ( a bit like Corbyn ) Up the revolution brothers ..

Offline Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • A little respect please...
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 08:31:14 PM »
Correct. In 1974, deep in the amateur era, I played in an high profile invitation game. A Wesh international of the day was asked for his "expenses" after the game. He asked for, and was given without a quibble, the equivalent of a week's wages.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

Offline Oldandslow

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 08:57:43 PM »
Spot on RH.

Another example from a different sport before athletics went open and athletes were allowed trust fund. One kiwi 1500 meter running spend the summer living in London and running all over europe, he only claimed expenses. His expenses were always the same a full first class air fare from New Zealand to The UK plus the cost of a week in the London Hilton.

Offline davie

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 10:39:10 PM »
I have to agree with Alf that’s exactly what the RFU are trying to do. Whether they will have the will and energy to see I through is another matter. However getting four officials to verify the club’s annual return is a clever move.
If you can afford to pay then do so and admit it to the RFU and HMRC. Don’t try and pretend that your ageing rugby league star has joined your club because he has always been a closet fan.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 11:06:58 PM »
I like Alf Hart!
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level. Lucky to be involved in England's number one ranked level 7 league...Yorkshire One.

Offline MAYDAY

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2018, 07:50:40 AM »
Where are all these vacancies advertised?

The adverts can now be seen on the County website, under the coaching tab

Offline Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2018, 08:05:43 AM »
That should give HMRC a starting point then!

Offline Ian1307

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2018, 08:38:05 AM »
I understand the 10k limit at Level 6 and below is for a player/coach, so a coach who isn’t a registered player can get whatever the club wants to give them. Presumably to stop some clubs having 3 player coaches, a Fijian physio, Kiwi medic and a bar full of Samoan waiters.

Offline Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2018, 09:02:30 AM »
Can anyone explain why the 10K cap has been introduced? The game went pro a couple of decades ago. Putting a cap on anything merely encourages avoidance / evasion. Ask anyone living in a fishing port what "black fish" are, for example.

Offline Alf Hart

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2018, 01:42:01 PM »
Red

Aye aye sir I’ll give it a go ...( I genuinely used to own a fishing vessel so am cognisant with black fish -remain mystified however  why every person on a quayside has no crockery to urinate into)

Here’s the explanation for Rfu diktat ..

To be on Rfu committees (other than coaching) and particularly pertinent to finance you must have a chin commencing behind your bottom set of dentures ( not note debentures) that falls unmajestically to your Adams Apple, ladies included ( only kidding before someone sets the thought police on me) !
The angle of dangle on your chin should not exceed 45 degrees and must be equilateral .

You must have attended a recognised public school and have appropriate quals regarding light spanking and industrial sodomy .

It is essential you are opinionated ( but not knowledgeable or experienced) and acutely capable of waffle, oneupman ship, self preservation and own job protectionism creation .

You must have played a game once for a ‘recognised’ club ie Godalming casual 4 XV

You must have an old school tie with  gold included thereon and a link to ‘someone ‘ in the city , the House of Lords, or Boris Johnson. At school you should have passed Latin and Divinity as a minimum .

Finally and this is the most important thing ... you must be called Tarquinius toffeenosed tosspottngton .... Or a recognised equivalent.

Hope this assists ....

Offline Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2018, 03:08:38 PM »
Uncanny. You've just described Barbie to perfection  ;D

Offline Ashrugby

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2018, 10:39:23 AM »
Can anyone explain why the 10K cap has been introduced? The game went pro a couple of decades ago. Putting a cap on anything merely encourages avoidance / evasion. Ask anyone living in a fishing port what "black fish" are, for example.

There's no cap of £10,000 on coaching and no limit on payment to players.

it's simply that the RFU are not providing as much financial support to the club's that pay more than a given amount

I assume it's because they think that if these clubs have enough money to pay that amount it would be better off supporting clubs who are not as well off.

Also I suspect they think it would be throwing good money after bad.

Offline Alf Hart

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2018, 01:37:46 PM »
Ash rugby

Your surname isn’t Sherlock per chance ?

Offline Harry Hotspur

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2018, 05:46:54 PM »
Sherlock Sherlock???? :-[

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2018, 07:35:47 PM »
Well spotted Harry!!
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level. Lucky to be involved in England's number one ranked level 7 league...Yorkshire One.