$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Who is the favourite to be level transfered from DN1?

Who is the favourite to be level transfered from DN1?

This is a discussion for the topic Who is the favourite to be level transfered from DN1? on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Who is the favourite to be level transfered from DN1?  (Read 31224 times)

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #30 on: May 21, 2018, 09:54:47 PM
Well seeing there are 3 Yorkshire clubs in DN1 and all associated to Yorkshire Referee Society it makes sense that all Three transfer back to Y1 then Yorkshire can keep them and sort the mess, why should a Durham side level transfer when it's not Durhams problem, if Yorkshire Y1 have too many clubs then the clubs could apply for a DN1 transfer if they prefer to play there.

An alternative would be to form a new league bring Rochdale over to Y1 divide both DN1 & Y1 into 3 leagues DN1 - North Yorkshire and South Durham YD1 - Y1 there problem solved.

That'll do your regions teams the world of good. A mini league of say 4-5 clubs and travel would be what? a thirty minute local bus ride.

Out of interest, the clubs you are moaning about. Who are they currently affiliated to?
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #31 on: May 22, 2018, 10:59:34 AM
Disagree it is a Durham problem. The standard of rugby is inferior to Yorkshire so usually two DN clubs get relegated from NE1 and the DN1 runners up invariably lose the play off, that is if they bother honouring the fixture. I do agree the problem needs sorting out once and for all.

PercyR

• One of the boys
Reply #32 on: May 22, 2018, 12:16:03 PM
Level transfer was brought in more than a decade ago at the behest of the clubs who were unhappy at the unfairness of the previous system which meant that in a 'bad' year any number of clubs could be relegated. If too may sides went up or down your side of the pyramid you could finish mid-table in Yorkshire 1 or 2 and still go down.

davie

• One of the boys
Reply #33 on: May 22, 2018, 01:34:18 PM
What is all the fuss about? I'm sure Middlesbrough don't dislike level transfers as they had a great season and apparentky want to stop in Y1. I'm not up to speed on this but I dimly remember that clubs who level transfer are well recompensed in terms of travel cost as well?

Stevo

• One of the boys
Reply #34 on: May 22, 2018, 05:09:13 PM
Did the RFU North Committee meet yesterday to discuss /decide on who is being level transfered?

Oldandslow

Reply #35 on: May 22, 2018, 05:24:31 PM
Did the RFU North Committee meet yesterday to discuss /decide on who is being level transfered?

Understand they did meet.

Offical  position is nothing decided.

To be confirmed later.

davie

• One of the boys
Reply #36 on: May 22, 2018, 05:48:32 PM
To answer the question posed: Guisborough.

P.S. Are we in a position of knowing if any clubs have been asked if they want to volunteer?

Hit Man Hall

• Finding my feet
Reply #37 on: May 22, 2018, 10:07:53 PM
Disagree it is a Durham problem. The standard of rugby is inferior to Yorkshire so usually two DN clubs get relegated from NE1 and the DN1 runners up invariably lose the play off, that is if they bother honouring the fixture. I do agree the problem needs sorting out once and for all.

I agree the standard is inferior due to less clubs in Durham county whereas Yorkshire have more clubs that are capable of playing in same level as DN1, top of Y2 are an example hence my suggestion that top Y2 could make up the numbers required to make 3 L7 leagues. Is only my opinion. The fear from the North Yorkshire clubs who fit in the Yorkshire county area is around travel and standard they don't want to travel long journeys to get hammed every other week, classic example is a Yorkshire club Acklam stuffed most weeks in Y1 walked DN2 and should be comfortable in DN1, however don't want to play in Y1 for obvious reasons but also don't want to be in Y2 which is more like there level. It doesn't make sense to level transfer a Durham County club to Y1 when there are 2 Yorkshire clubs already south of the Tees that are in Yorkshire, so Yorkshire are making the problem.

avinastella

Reply #38 on: May 22, 2018, 10:21:00 PM

I agree the standard is inferior due to less clubs in Durham county whereas Yorkshire have more clubs that are capable of playing in same level as DN1, top of Y2 are an example hence my suggestion that top Y2 could make up the numbers required to make 3 L7 leagues. Is only my opinion. The fear from the North Yorkshire clubs who fit in the Yorkshire county area is around travel and standard they don't want to travel long journeys to get hammed every other week, classic example is a Yorkshire club Acklam stuffed most weeks in Y1 walked DN2 and should be comfortable in DN1, however don't want to play in Y1 for obvious reasons but also don't want to be in Y2 which is more like there level. It doesn't make sense to level transfer a Durham County club to Y1 when there are 2 Yorkshire clubs already south of the Tees that are in Yorkshire, so Yorkshire are making the problem.
You seem to be somewhat selective in your use of the many rules and regulations.
To blame Yorkshire is a bit of a stretch.

Sail By

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #39 on: May 22, 2018, 10:25:35 PM
Avinastella, If you listen to the argument being put forward by Hit Man Hall he has some fair points.

We are discussing a few clubs regarding level transfer who are supported and affiliated by the Yorkshire CB. I can see how this is seemingly a "Yorkshire" problem as it is Yorkshire clubs in D&N 1 that are under discussion.

avinastella

Reply #40 on: May 22, 2018, 10:52:37 PM
Avinastella, If you listen to the argument being put forward by Hit Man Hall he has some fair points.

We are discussing a few clubs regarding level transfer who are supported and affiliated by the Yorkshire CB. I can see how this is seemingly a "Yorkshire" problem as it is Yorkshire clubs in D&N 1 that are under discussion.
I understand all that.
However, it appears to be change is wanted now, based on this season. It would take a big decision by the relevant committees to implement changes of this nature - when the RFU don't allow it. Next season yes, but not the season just gone.

Renegade

• Finding my feet
Reply #41 on: May 23, 2018, 06:20:18 AM
I understand what Hit Man says. There are a clutch of N Yorks clubs who are naturally more akin to their Durham neighbours because of the simple geography involved. Once you get down to Harrogate and York the county becomes less rural and there are more clubs.

Unfortunately the way the leagues are organised lends itself to this happening every season. The same few clubs who are technically in Yorkshire are removed from a league where most of their fixtures are within 30/40 miles (DN) and moved to a league that involves all of their fixtures being further than that.

The RFU is structured on old county boundaries, this might need looking at but adjusting the boundaries of leagues may help like suggested by Hit Man.

Hit Man Hall

• Finding my feet
Reply #42 on: May 23, 2018, 07:58:27 AM
3 Leagues would make promotion easier with the top teams in each league automatic promotion no Play off and no cry offs.

This structure would give Y2 clubs better competition after all the 3 Leagues I’m suggesting is the same clubs already at this level with the same promotion route to NE1 at least the winners of each would have earned promotion and not AWO.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 08:02:03 AM by Hit Man Hall »

ye olde 9

Reply #43 on: May 23, 2018, 09:59:30 AM
I know this might be a daft suggestion but if the top of DN1 is same as Y2, why isn't the transfer made at level 8 and if there is a shortage promote more from Y2. The problem isn't the transfers, the leagues need re-levelling. I.e if the Y1/2 sides win at twickers each year vs apparently their peers then it show that perhaps our perception is incorrect Y1 isn't the strongest level 7, its missed positioned and should L6. Hope makes sense.

Renegade

• Finding my feet
Reply #44 on: May 23, 2018, 10:32:32 AM
The top of DN1 is very similar to Y1 to be honest, I've reffed in both, Y1 has more depth. Classic example is Middlesbrough, finished 3rd in Y1 this year and 5th in DN1 the year before albeit with a couple of quality additions to the team.

The problem lies outside the top 4/5 in DN1, standards seem to drop away, well maybe depth of squad in those clubs. Y1 seems to be able to produce competitive teams much further down the table. Y2 and DN2 are gulfs apart hence Acklam walking it unbeaten.