$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Who is the favourite to be level transfered from DN1?

Who is the favourite to be level transfered from DN1?

This is a discussion for the topic Who is the favourite to be level transfered from DN1? on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Who is the favourite to be level transfered from DN1?  (Read 31214 times)

Oldandslow

• A little respect please...
Reply #75 on: May 26, 2018, 08:14:16 AM
Renegade

It has happened before that a Yorkshire side level transferred to D&N1.

Just checked the RFU web site in 2004/5 York were level transferred to D&N1.

PercyR

• One of the boys
Reply #76 on: May 26, 2018, 09:49:22 AM
And Malton & Norton were also level transferred into DN 1 in 2005-6. If you have a structure with the ability to go up and down then you have to have a mechanism to balance both sides of the pyramid.

We could always go back to the previous regulations and relegate up to five teams at the end of the season.

Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #77 on: May 26, 2018, 10:26:07 AM
I am sure our lads would relish a long trip to the North East every few weeks! NOT! It is not an easy journey from Settle to the North East.

Hit Man Hall

• Finding my feet
Reply #78 on: May 26, 2018, 04:57:24 PM
I am sure our lads would relish a long trip to the North East every few weeks! NOT! It is not an easy journey from Settle to the North East.

Well why do think the Durham clubs don't want to be in Y1 think of their travelling every second week!

So we'll swap N Ribbs for Beverley.

Hit Man Hall

• Finding my feet
Reply #79 on: May 26, 2018, 04:58:30 PM
Y1
1. Dinnington
2. Wheatley Hills
3. Goole
4. Selby
5. North Ribblesdale
6. Heath
7. Old Rishworthians
8. Old Brodleians
9. Barnsley
10. Bradford Salem
11. Pontefract
12. Old Crossleyans

YD1
1. Hullensians
2. Moortown
3. Yarnbury
4. Keighley
5. Beverley
6. Whitby
7. Acklam
8. Guisborough
9. Redcar
10. Middlebrough 
11. Stockton           
12. West Hartlepool

DN1
1. Barnard Castle
2. Northern
3. Durham City
4. Hartlepool Rovers
5. Westoe
6. Horden
7. Gateshead
8. Novocastrians
9. Medicals
10. Ponteland
11. Whitley bay Rockcliff
12. Gosforth

Stevo

• One of the boys
Reply #80 on: May 26, 2018, 05:52:22 PM
Stick to refereeing mate!!

Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #81 on: May 26, 2018, 06:10:37 PM

Well why do think the Durham clubs don't want to be in Y1 think of their travelling every second week!

So we'll swap N Ribbs for Beverley.
Well aware of why DN1 clubs are reluctant to level transfer and certainly sympathise with their point of view. However to subject a Yorkshire club to long away trips to sort out a problem which essentially is caused by the comparative weakness of DN clubs seem a little unfair. However I agree the problem needs addressing and your suggestion is a valid attempt to do so, however hypothetical and unlikely to be implemented.

Stevo

• One of the boys
Reply #82 on: May 26, 2018, 06:14:41 PM
It's simple really, if you don't want to get promoted to a higher league and better standard of rugby, don't play in leagues, arrange all your games as friendlies so you don't travel to far to upset anyone!

Ribbflagman

Reply #83 on: May 26, 2018, 06:39:28 PM
Isn't that what 22 clubs in Lancashire have opted to do from next season.

avinastella

Reply #84 on: May 26, 2018, 06:59:40 PM
It's simple really, if you don't want to get promoted to a higher league and better standard of rugby, don't play in leagues, arrange all your games as friendlies so you don't travel to far to upset anyone!
A bus ticket from Stockton central station to the town boundary. HMH will be a happy man.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Hit Man Hall

• Finding my feet
Reply #85 on: May 26, 2018, 07:06:58 PM

It's not a case of not wanting to get promoted, it's difficult for clubs to field the best team for long away games when work commitments prevent players from travelling due to early meet times and late returns, if the leagues were smaller and more local it would give every chance to play each week. It's tough on a Durham Club to be transferred to a different county to play away games and vice versa for a Yorkshire club, it's a solution that's needed not a level transfer!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 07:08:52 PM by Hit Man Hall »

Stevo

• One of the boys
Reply #86 on: May 26, 2018, 07:16:25 PM
Your solution makes the problem worse though!! Can you not see that?
Any club would surely read the rules and regulations before joining so they understand what they are getting into, when they get to the top of their league they can't moan about travel because they knew all this beforehand. Your proposed league restructure will make things better for the travel situation but when it comes to promotion and relegation you are relying on the bottom 3 from NE1 to be 1 from each of the leagues below, it doesn't work like that every season so you may need more than one level transfer!! As I said before stick to refereeing

Whoopey

• One of the boys
Reply #87 on: May 26, 2018, 07:33:47 PM
Y1
1. Dinnington
2. Wheatley Hills
3. Goole
4. Selby
5. North Ribblesdale
6. Heath
7. Old Rishworthians
8. Old Brodleians
9. Barnsley
10. Bradford Salem
11. Pontefract
12. Old Crossleyans

YD1
1. Hullensians
2. Moortown
3. Yarnbury
4. Keighley
5. Beverley
6. Whitby
7. Acklam
8. Guisborough
9. Redcar
10. Middlebrough 
11. Stockton           
12. West Hartlepool

DN1
1. Barnard Castle
2. Northern
3. Durham City
4. Hartlepool Rovers
5. Westoe
6. Horden
7. Gateshead
8. Novocastrians
9. Medicals
10. Ponteland
11. Whitley bay Rockcliff
12. Gosforth

Absolutely mental. It’s not ideal the current way, but it’s not broken either. Unfortunately, teams must travel. If you get promoted to North 1, Nat 3, Nat 2 ect, you need to clock up the miles. It’s the way of life.

avinastella

Reply #88 on: May 26, 2018, 07:46:13 PM

Absolutely mental. It’s not ideal the current way, but it’s not broken either. Unfortunately, teams must travel. If you get promoted to North 1, Nat 3, Nat 2 ect, you need to clock up the miles. It’s the way of life.

Thing is, it is quicker and easier to get to many of the DN1 clubs from Central/West Yorkshire than it is to Brid/Scarbs, even yourselves (assumiong i guessed correctly) over at Beverley
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Hit Man Hall

• Finding my feet
Reply #89 on: May 26, 2018, 09:34:21 PM
Your solution makes the problem worse though!! Can you not see that?
Any club would surely read the rules and regulations before joining so they understand what they are getting into, when they get to the top of their league they can't moan about travel because they knew all this beforehand. Your proposed league restructure will make things better for the travel situation but when it comes to promotion and relegation you are relying on the bottom 3 from NE1 to be 1 from each of the leagues below, it doesn't work like that every season so you may need more than one level transfer!! As I said before stick to refereeing

Calm down calm down.. Don't take it to heart it's only an idea, not seen yours?

The thread is about who is favourite to be level transferred from DN1 it's would be a shame if it's a Durham club when there are Yorkshire clubs in DN1. I thought the RFU proposal in 2014 was a good idea. At the end of the day it's about playing rugby we're not professionals it's hard for players who can't travel far because of work or family commitments.