$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; which club?

which club?

This is a discussion for the topic which club? on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: which club?  (Read 8871 times)

eyeball

on: June 09, 2011, 04:19:51 PM
Just moved to a village called Northowram near Halifax and am looking for a club to join. I noticed there are two local clubs in yorks 3 in vandals and rishworth. Which is the better club in terms of social and family friendly? Also noticed Halifax in yorks 4 but wondered if the standard might be a bit poor?

Burnsy

• A little respect please...
    • Twitter
Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 04:35:04 PM
Depends how good you are. You're only 10 minutes from Old Crossleyans there.
6 Nations Prediction League Winner Due To Botts Generosity 2011

The biggest downside of sudden unexpected death is being unable to delete your Internet search history.

propidol

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 05:53:35 PM
its a nice set up at rishworthians just rained alot when we played vandals!

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 11:16:06 PM
I am a member of Old Rishworthians and we can offer a good playing surface, good coaching and excellent Timothy Taylors. The club is very friendly and has a pleasant landlord.

Fredsbar

Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 11:20:05 PM
I should of course have told you that on Sundays we have a thriving mini and junior section with 220 members in 7 seasons.Apart from that we had three very successful seasons but hit the buffers in Yorkshire 2 last season, but come on down and join the lads. Get in touch.

The whistle Blower

• Forum old hand
Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 07:55:06 AM
You have Old brods not far from you and they are a very friendly club, play at NE1 level 6 and also have a thriving junior section

The Vole

• Conference Call
Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 09:30:57 AM
I am a member of Old Rishworthians and we can offer a good playing surface*, good coaching and excellent Timothy Taylors. The club is very friendly and has a pleasant landlord.

*From May to August

The Vole

• Conference Call
Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 09:33:14 AM
What club have you played for previously and in what league - if you tell us that we will be able to advise a club nearby of a similar standard.

If you're a soft southern fairy moving up north I would advise against joining Vandals - unless you're partial to hypothermia!

eyeball

Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 09:54:11 AM
Im from South Africa and have moved to England to live with my girlfriend. I play lock forward and played SA schools and SA under 18's. After college I just played amatuer club rugby in Bloemfontain. Having done a bit of research, I might go and take a look at Brodleians or Crossleyans and see how the standard is.

Burnsy

• Twitter
Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 09:57:36 AM
Im from South Africa and have moved to England to live with my girlfriend. I play lock forward and played SA schools and SA under 18's. After college I just played amatuer club rugby in Bloemfontain. Having done a bit of research, I might go and take a look at Brodleians or Crossleyans and see how the standard is.

SA under 18s you say? Turns out your village is next to a brilliant rugby called Wheatley Hills.

The biggest downside of sudden unexpected death is being unable to delete your Internet search history.

The Enforcer

Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 10:06:08 AM
Is that next to or accessable (dependant on playing standard ), WL you old poacher you .  ;D ;D ps WL before you start drawing up contracts find out what year MTH was under 18 , you never know he could be retirement age  by now  ;)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 10:11:27 AM by The Enforcer »
The sword of moderation shall fall heavy upon the ungenerous .

PhoenixWeasel

• Allez le phoenix!
Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 10:28:18 AM
Be careful michael ive heard wheatley dont pay very well!  ;D

T Rex

Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 10:56:54 AM
We have a compartaiate of your playing in our team at Thorne if you are interested!!
ATTITUDE - life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it

Burnsy

• Twitter
Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 11:50:08 AM
We have a compartaiate of your playing in our team at Thorne if you are interested!!

A what?  ??? ???

T Rex

Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 11:52:49 AM
We are not very good at spelling in Thorne and I have probably used the wrong words for what I meant to say.

never mind
ATTITUDE - life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it