$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Who’s in, who’s out!

Who’s in, who’s out!

This is a discussion for the topic Who’s in, who’s out! on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Who’s in, who’s out!  (Read 70515 times)

Chocolatebody

• Finding my feet
on: May 30, 2018, 01:39:27 PM
Let’s get up and running with the news.

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 02:31:53 PM
Moortown have lost our monstrous Aussie lock who has moved down south to test himself in a higher division. Big loss but we wish him all the best.

Mink

• Forum old hand
Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 03:06:33 PM
Brods website says Ben Hoyle has signed back from Hudds which will be a good signing, plus they have Liam Scott returning from a knee injury which meant he missed the whole of last season - he will be like a new player
according to another poster Tom Kill has left for Huddersfield - a very good player but with work and injuries Brods never saw the best of him
I also hear that Harry the prop has left Rish to go back to Hudds

Seems same old Hudds signing everyone!

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 03:31:22 PM
Yes Harry Whitfield will be a big loss for the OldRishworthians. He developed into a very good player. We wish him all the best.

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 03:39:02 PM
Brods website says Ben Hoyle has signed back from Hudds which will be a good signing, plus they have Liam Scott returning from a knee injury which meant he missed the whole of last season - he will be like a new player
according to another poster Tom Kill has left for Huddersfield - a very good player but with work and injuries Brods never saw the best of him
I also hear that Harry the prop has left Rish to go back to Hudds

Seems same old Hudds signing everyone!

So where have you moved to??
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Master_Knowledge

• Forum old hand
Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 08:23:45 AM
Rumors circulating that Rob Jennings may be leaving Brods to test himself in a higher league and also Rob Sykes is leaving too. Anybody at Brods know anything of this?
Heard that both the Kiwis at Heath could possibly not be around next year either.
One or two other whispers around Halifax and Huddersfield which should make the next 2 months or so interesting for the four Halifax based clubs.

Whoopey

• One of the boys
Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 09:21:49 AM
Heard Old Brods had old players returning under their new coaching set up. Who is the Carnegie Forward who will be coaching at Moortown this year? Have Heath managed to secure any new players? They look after their players very well in terms of kit ect so it’s always a selling point; who doesn’t love stash!!

It’s shaping up to be a very competetive league this year. How much have Old Crocs and Pontefract spent on new recruits? 

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 12:41:55 PM
Whoopie

I had lunch with one of the ponte stalwarts last week . Apparently they have not recruited at all . Reckons the players think they’re good enough to hold their own .

I saw them a couple of times last season and feel sure they are not strong enough up front to compete in Y1 without bolstering the pack .

Crocs are uncertain themselves I’m told but can’t be confirm

Oldandslow

Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 02:48:48 PM
Alf

I also watched Ponte several times last season and also watched plenty of Yorkshire 1. You are right Ponte do need to strengthen their forwards to give their quality back division enough ball to compete in Yorkshire 1.

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 08:07:15 PM
O a S

I didn’t see it but I’m told Ponte got beat up up front by Thorne in the trophy final . Thorne now in Y 3 so ponte could be the whipping boys next season .

Just how do you ‘recruit’ new forwards ?? Is there an agent out there oiling the cogs ?? I’m well out of the club scene so it’s all a bit mysterious .

Chocolatebody

• Finding my feet
Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 08:12:32 PM
Moortown have a player I believe from otley in the coaching set up this season, not sure if he’s player coach or just coach

porkies

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 09:30:17 PM
I hear that Beverley have recruited hooker Sam Kerry from Wheatley Hills as player coach . They must have a substantial pie budget ????

Marauder

• Finding my feet
Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 09:31:44 PM
I heard that Moortown had a new coaching set up this year from Newcastle falcons, Yorkshire carnigie and New Zealand. I’m sure we will all find out as soon as game one is played and the forum kicks in!!! Can’t wait for the fixtures to finally be published, Yorkshire 1 is gonna be a great league this year????

porkies

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #13 on: June 05, 2018, 10:01:04 PM
I hear that Beverley have recruited hooker Sam Kerry from Wheatley Hills as player coach . They must have a substantial pie budget ????

That said, he’s a very capable player and does have coaching experience ; ex England u16 B international I believe.

Ribbflagman

Reply #14 on: June 05, 2018, 10:33:23 PM
Seemed to me to be a quality player in a not very mobile pack. Will weaken wheatley a lot and will not help their consolidation in Y2.
Maybe Jeffels  and the other mercenaries may get the chance of another pay day next   spring.
I hope not!!!