Author Topic: Who’s in, who’s out!  (Read 17552 times)

Premier and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline WoodheadBoy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
Re: Who’s in, who’s out!
« Reply #165 on: July 02, 2018, 05:26:20 PM »
Been on holiday with the lads so haven't been active with this forum in a while. Been speaking to a few young colts from the club and I have been told that Brods number 10 has gone to a local rival. What a shame! Also some of these colts are moving elsewhere as well

Hahahah! Jonny Cole (the youngest of the 3 brothers who retired 2 years ago with a knee injury) has gone to try his luck at Heath, and good luck to him, far too young to be out of the game.

I am looking forward to seeing Dan tonight at Brods pre season and just hope we’ve got enough sun cream for his ginger noggin!

Offline Sail By

• The lord of the Manor...
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 02, 2018, 05:38:01 PM »
He could borrow some of yours  ;)

Offline Maroon

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 02, 2018, 05:55:14 PM »
I think that Gaz Burns would be a great shout for the coaching role currently advertised at Pontefract

Gaz would add a lot to the Pontefract team from a playing perspective and his  personality would bring a lot to the club and its developing players

Coaching wise they will be more qualiified interested in this role but for what he brings to the team abd the wider club  Gaz is certainly worth considering

Just for the record i am not Gaz Burns agent but i have played alongside him and know his qualities

Offline Oldandslow

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 02, 2018, 07:11:33 PM »
I think that Gaz Burns would be a great shout for the coaching role currently advertised at Pontefract

Gaz would add a lot to the Pontefract team from a playing perspective and his  personality would bring a lot to the club and its developing players

Coaching wise they will be more qualiified interested in this role but for what he brings to the team abd the wider club  Gaz is certainly worth considering

Just for the record i am not Gaz Burns agent but i have played alongside him and know his qualities

Watched Ponte a bit last season and they definitely need someone who can guide and develop there young forwards and I agree Gaz could do that very well if he was interested.

Offline Calder-beast

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 02, 2018, 11:32:32 PM »
Mmmm.
Woody resign yourself to loosing a few players this season. Under acheiving clubs in Calderdale, in particular, have always been targeted by the upcomers.watch out for OC,s on the up and OR consolidating. Watch this space for inter stellar transfers in Calderdale Rugby circles.

Offline WoodheadBoy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 03, 2018, 07:01:04 AM »
Mmmm.
Woody resign yourself to loosing a few players this season. Under acheiving clubs in Calderdale, in particular, have always been targeted by the upcomers.watch out for OC,s on the up and OR consolidating. Watch this space for inter stellar transfers in Calderdale Rugby circles.

Always lose some up the leagues, all ways gain some, it’s the way it goes. See where everyone is come 1st of September.

Offline TheGuru

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 09, 2018, 07:15:39 AM »
Get off his pole moron

Offline WoodheadBoy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 13, 2018, 09:35:20 PM »
Danny Cole has indeed left the Brods this off season. Heath seem pretty worried about their current options at Fly Half and chased him really hard to join his brother and uncle. I understand they are also fretting about the loss of their Kiwi 13 who was so influential for them. Chris Vine has also gone back to Crocs, who are very heavily on the recruit as well.

Luckily having heavily invested in our junior section we have some strong boys coming through just like Dan* and Chris* did, we have some Brods lads dropping back down the leagues to their club and we can’t wait to get going with a new coaching team.

Offline Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 14, 2018, 11:40:00 AM »
Good luck. Hope to see you at Brods again soon.  Thst is assuming you don't get promoted.

Offline Master_Knowledge

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 14, 2018, 02:41:13 PM »
Woidhead Rob Sykes looks to have joined Hudds which I don't get.
Can you she'd any light on the rumoured injuries to senior players Rob Jennings and Liam Scott?

You are looking very thin on the ground if the rumours I've heard are true!

Offline WoodheadBoy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 14, 2018, 05:04:00 PM »
Bob has gone back to Huddersfield who have made a big push to get a lot of his junior side back at the club, Bob is a top lad and I personnaly hope to see him in a Brods shirt again.

Liam hasn’t played for over a year now and is still rehabbing, and Rob has trained every session this Pre Season.

Averaging 30 at pre season, a right good night playing against a local cricket club in a memorial 20/20 and a good buzz amongst the boys, rumours are rumours!

Offline Master_Knowledge

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 14, 2018, 09:31:02 PM »
So Liam hasn't redone his knee and Rob doesn't need an ok?

Numbers are numbers but I can't think who your senior players/leaders are going to be from what I've heard.

Offline WoodheadBoy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 14, 2018, 10:09:38 PM »
Neither of those statements are correct as we stand.

To quote Alan Hanson “you never fail with kids” I’m pretty sure that’s what he said, who needs leaders and senior players?!

Offline Memory_Man

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 14, 2018, 10:21:32 PM »

To quote Alan Hanson “you never fail with kids” I’m pretty sure that’s what he said, who needs leaders and senior players?!

Alan Hansen
“You can’t win anything with kids”

Offline WoodheadBoy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 14, 2018, 10:35:18 PM »

Alan Hansen
“You can’t win anything with kids”

Ahhh, yeah of course, we are chairman then.