$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; England and world cup

Author Topic: England and world cup  (Read 1044 times)

Offline ye olde 9

• The lord of the Manor...
    • View Profile
England and world cup
« on: June 19, 2018, 12:03:30 PM »
What do people think will EJ keep his job or not? What's plan B, I would think rfu and Sir Clive have already had a Starbucks together over past week. It's seems Mr Hartleys value a skipper as risen over past few weeks. Ireland strong enough to win World Cup? Scotland found out? Wales going about their business quietly, worth an outside punt?

Offline Shirt filler

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
Re: England and world cup
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 01:48:27 AM »
If Eddie is to go, it needs to be now. Give a new coach the autumn tests and 6 nations to find his world cup squad.

Ireland have to be serious contenders for the world cup having beaten all the top sides over the last couple of years. Scotland have proven that they don't have a squad to be able to compete at the very top. A good starting 15 but lacks below that. Wales have work to do to be serious contenders for me.

Offline Alf Hart

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 07:57:29 AM »

Not sure about hartleys value as skips YE9 look at the five nations results .

EJ is probably going to get shunted after the SA gig . Let’s be honest about it though . Where’s our back row ?? Vunipola seems to have brittle bones ( a la tuilangi) and we have not got the time now to develop a proper 7 . It’s a desperate oversight by successive coaches .  A poor back row with a weak stand off who only looks any good when we are winning easy . Sounds like they are training really well but it’s not transferring onto the paddock . The attitude and discipline at times is poor .. mike brown is a good example with his snarling pushing football style antics deserves a Clout on the snout. 

Offline avinastella

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 09:38:42 AM »
Cutting out the simple and stupid penalties would be a start.
In most of the matches it is/was the decider in winning or losing.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Offline Rob13

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 12:26:25 PM »
Personally think it would be suicide to cut the coach now he has to see the W/C through, I can't see any positive to getting rid of him what I would question is the timing of this Paul Gustard announcement why has he gone on tour? His focus has gone and the players must be thinking about who is coming in next?

Ive always been a fan of Hartley when others have been against him. He brings that hard edge/leadership to the side and really think you are seeing it being missed now. Hopefully he gets past the concussion issues. Not a fan of George at all.

Watching England these last few games the backs look robotic and absolutely dog, bar Teo we have absolutely no go forward in the backs, all we seem to do is kick the ball away and how George Ford is still in there is beyond me his defending is absolutely diabolical. We don't seem to be able to play rugby in its truest form by truest I mean look no further than NZ they seem to be able to produce physical and skilful players.

Really like the look of Ireland as an outside shot but I cannot see past NZ.

Offline Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 02:50:09 PM »
Seem to recall after his first match with England that Jones said something about not being concerned about penalties being conceded. The players appear to have come to share that view.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

Offline avinastella

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 10:05:02 PM »
Seems there may be a vacancy for a 10.

Will he ever learn?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-45201916

Offline avinastella

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 01:42:49 PM »
Just seen this elsewhere.

Cipriani: "Nobody can p*** away an England career as well as me!"
Ashton: "Hold my beer..."