$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Rfu 3g pitches

Rfu 3g pitches

This is a discussion for the topic Rfu 3g pitches on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Rfu 3g pitches  (Read 22943 times)

ye olde 9

• A little respect please...
Reply #30 on: June 23, 2018, 06:10:05 PM
Cricky talk about glass if half empty. Its new, it will become more the norm, played in Wales for a while if 1s played Sat 2nd played friday night and u 19s played sunday, change / variation is good. Tell the misus.you play rugby before you marry or have kids??  If a player cant make an early kick off he plays with the 2s and someone else gets their chance? Anyone with lights should.push.for.some Friday night games it would freshen everything up, allow players from.other.clubs a chance to watch some.rugby, increase revenue etc. I know someone will say travel after work etc. !! KO.at 8.15pm.plenty.of time to travel.and they can get that precious.family time over the weekend.

avinastella

Reply #31 on: June 23, 2018, 07:33:38 PM
We have received the message from Keighley re 2pm ko's. Yesterday we received a request to play the away game at Keighley on the Friday evening with a ko time suitable to ourselves. Due to play them in April when it should be a 2pm ko. Could be a better option.
We've just received a similar email.

Call me a cynic but something ain't right here.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #32 on: June 23, 2018, 07:53:59 PM
Cricky talk about glass if half empty. Its new, it will become more the norm, played in Wales for a while if 1s played Sat 2nd played friday night and u 19s played sunday, change / variation is good. Tell the misus.you play rugby before you marry or have kids??  If a player cant make an early kick off he plays with the 2s and someone else gets their chance? Anyone with lights should.push.for.some Friday night games it would freshen everything up, allow players from.other.clubs a chance to watch some.rugby, increase revenue etc. I know someone will say travel after work etc. !! KO.at 8.15pm.plenty.of time to travel.and they can get that precious.family time over the weekend.

If only it was that simple!

It seems these 3G pitches are a false economy! Despite all this there’s no reason why they can’t KO at 3pm as KEIGHLEY themselves proposed last season on this very forum.

Why the change of tact and push for 2pm Sat KO and Friday night games? It can only be for a reason to benefit/suit Keighley which isn’t right or fair.

Why should you gain an unfair advantage over the opposition?

avinastella

Reply #33 on: June 23, 2018, 08:06:14 PM
Go on then,
Provide evidence to the points you make.
I'll wager right now that not one of your points are valid, least of all revenue.
Friday night matches are a novelty and will remain so.

ye olde 9

Reply #34 on: June 23, 2018, 09:23:09 PM
My points? If so surely more lads who play on a Saturday would go watch on a Friday, surely by default the gate would be bigger, with odd exception more than the normal 3 men and a dog. Friday nights might be a novelty but only really called that by blokes who can only get a pass from the ball and chain on a Saturday afternoon. Anyway if you didn't mean my points apologies, if you did 80s rugby is the future as shown by England today, aload of lancashire!!and they didn't even kick off at 3pm !!!

avinastella

Reply #35 on: June 23, 2018, 09:34:48 PM
My points? If so surely more lads who play on a Saturday would go watch on a Friday, surely by default the gate would be bigger, with odd exception more than the normal 3 men and a dog. Friday nights might be a novelty but only really called that by blokes who can only get a pass from the ball and chain on a Saturday afternoon. Anyway if you didn't mean my points apologies, if you did 80s rugby is the future as shown by England today, aload of lancashire!!and they didn't even kick off at 3pm !!!
So, nothing to back it up then.

Whoopey

• One of the boys
Reply #36 on: June 23, 2018, 11:41:32 PM
Christ. Who cares if it is 14:00, 14:15 or 15:00? Players have enough time if they are desperate to play to ask for time off work ect. I’m sure if they play nice with their better halfs, they may be allowed to leave 15m earlier from washing the carpets. No problem in my eyes. Just get once with it.

ye olde 9

Reply #37 on: June 23, 2018, 11:46:30 PM
I can try, if clubs on here are wiling to give gate receipts from a Friday game with an indication of the variation against the average Saturday gate? Anyone on here know of when a 2nd XV player as been given a chance due to a regular not being able to finish work on time? Would any players on here watch a local team playing on a Friday night?  I do know for definite last season we had 2 games against Leeds teams threatened by the snow, both went ahead 1 on WPL plastic and the other on Keighley plastic so they helped us.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 12:09:26 AM by ye olde 9 »

TheGuru

• Finding my feet
Reply #38 on: June 24, 2018, 05:11:01 AM
I think the 9 year old has a point to be fair,  give it a go , nothing ventured nothing gained, if it doesn’t work then everything could allways go back to how it was before , , also how many player do you think it would benefit who would love to play on a Saturday but can’t for work / single parent commitments. This game is all about having a good laugh the social and community, so to add Friday night games would only increase this all around and give people somthing better to do on a Friday night rather than sitting around waiting for Saturday’s game , it will expose more rugby to everyone.

Have I mentioned I like fishing ????

Premier

• Forum old hand
Reply #39 on: June 24, 2018, 06:55:27 AM
Who is next in line for a Plastic pitch in Yorkshire 1 as well ?? seems the way it is going ??

Stevo

• One of the boys
Reply #40 on: June 24, 2018, 08:29:14 AM

, we need clarification from Keighley that the pitch is booked for a 3 hour time slot, ie 2-5 or 1-4, you cant expect an away side to turrn up and warm up on grass then play on 3g!

Also what footwear is permitted

Master_Knowledge

• Forum old hand
Reply #41 on: June 24, 2018, 09:05:05 AM
Premier I think you know full well that it is brods

avinastella

Reply #42 on: June 24, 2018, 09:44:44 AM
Premier I think you know full well that it is brods
I think most people knew that.

Ribbflagman

Reply #43 on: June 24, 2018, 09:56:25 AM
What about the swamps of horsforth.

avinastella

Reply #44 on: June 24, 2018, 10:07:43 AM
What about the swamps of horsforth.
That got RFU approval with Keighley, but I think they ran into planning approval difficulties. I heard airport issues.