$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Y4 champions?? Vote!

Y4 champions?? Vote!

This is a discussion for the topic Y4 champions?? Vote! on the board Yorkshire 4.

Poll

Who will win y4

Ossett
3 (5.9%)
Hessle
0 (0%)
Oaks
0 (0%)
Mossborough
2 (3.9%)
York
1 (2%)
Rods
1 (2%)
Stocksbridge
3 (5.9%)
Rowntrees
4 (7.8%)
Halifax
6 (11.8%)
LMD
20 (39.2%)
Thirsk
2 (3.9%)
Burley
1 (2%)
Bramley
4 (7.8%)
Knaresborough
0 (0%)
Wibsey
4 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Voting closed: August 31, 2018, 08:06:47 AM

Author Topic: Y4 champions?? Vote!  (Read 7008 times)

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• Forum old hand
on: August 07, 2018, 08:06:47 AM
Let’s try get some conversations going on our board.

caravan boys

• One of the boys
Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 11:23:50 AM
Now is that to finish top and by the look of it it's Halifax and LMD.
I hope Halifax aren't going down the same road as last time.
I know on the grape vine Halifax have brought in a numbers of new staff and players!!.
It's going to be a tuff season with a lot of teams in the running should be interesting .

Grump

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 02:57:49 PM
Wibsey should be a force to be reckoned with , Robertson from Salem should bring some finesse to the grunt that was already there, will wibsey v Halifax on September 1st be a good indication of a new Yorkshire 4 standard ? Will the firm ground suit 1 more than than the other ?
LMD , what date will they all be back to get up to speed ?
Has an 8th team been found yet ?

Too old too slow

• One of the boys
Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 05:06:11 PM
I reckon fax will win the league at a canter,agreed that Robertson should whip wibseys backs in to shape.and u can't over look knaresbrough who are likely to tap a few youngsters up from other clubs, and I've heard Bramley have few decent new players .......so all to play for.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 05:08:46 PM by Too old too slow »

Danny Wan1

• One of the boys
Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 05:32:27 PM
Should be interesting this year. By the sounds of the grapevine everyone has recruited well as always!!
I would think LMD will be up there in our section and Fax , hopefully we can push them close , North looks the tighter section again. Mosborough will be up there with Osset in south I think

The Nomad

• Finding my feet
Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 11:04:12 PM
North section looks like it could be well contested this season, LMD surely favourites if thy react well to their relegation. Sounds like there’s some local knowledge of changes over that way, so be interesting to see how it plays out. Don’t forget that Thirsk won the ‘shield’ last season too.
Stocksbridge, Ossett and Mosborough probably favourites for South if they kick on from last season. Be interesting to see if anyone else steps up or has recruited well, and how Rowntrees get on being back in.

ye olde 9

• A little respect please...
Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 06:29:31 PM
My money is on Rowntree to win the league.

Grump

• Finding my feet
Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 05:12:05 PM
Hard to see past Halifax now for the title now , large cash injection coming from land sale , new coaching team , influx of players from a strong junior set up as well as strong ties with 2 local RL teams through sharing facilities , title should be stitched up for Valentine’s Day.

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• Forum old hand
Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 09:59:20 PM
Stolen a full section of colts from old Brods. 40+lads at training. My moneys on Halifax

Premier

• Forum old hand
Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 11:35:38 PM
Stolen a full set of colts -- not £££  again at Halifax

ye olde 9

Reply #10 on: August 11, 2018, 12:09:08 AM
Let's hope the full section of Colt come from the school of hard Knox, blood and snot.

GoodShotSir!

• Finding my feet
  • Plenty In The Tank!
Reply #11 on: August 11, 2018, 01:52:19 PM
Not sure about silverware whoever stays injury free and doesn’t have many changes week in week out will always stay in the top half. Looking forward to getting back into it. Welcome back Rowntrees I look forward to a trip there.

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #12 on: August 11, 2018, 11:06:28 PM
The problem with Halifax as a town is there are too many teams chasing too few local players. Vandals, Crocks, Brods, Heath chasing players with Halifax not to mention rugby league, with Halifax RL pushing for higher RL status, Siddal arguably one the best amature teams around and other Calderdale RL teams needing players where are all these players going to come from. From what I hear Crocks are mopping up Siddal players and paying for the pleasure. Brods and Rish get by with their excellent youth policies and even Heath are now pushing a youth section although well behind that of Rish and Brods. Yes if Halifax push the cash they'll get players but look what happened last time, surely they've learnt their lesson. Haven't they?
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

ye olde 9

Reply #13 on: August 17, 2018, 11:48:28 PM
Watched Wibsey tonight, with the Salem 10 pulling the strings and a class 9 they will take some stopping this season. Just need to change the donkey at no8, pack under pressure he just didn't want to help them out. Good outside bet.

Grump

• Finding my feet
Reply #14 on: August 18, 2018, 08:48:37 AM
Who were they playing ? Robertshaws ability to get opposition players wound up should go well at that level too, but will he have the legs against the under 19s of fax come the first game on a fast track ?