$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Scarborough

Scarborough

This is a discussion for the topic Scarborough on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Scarborough  (Read 8040 times)

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #15 on: August 14, 2018, 09:55:04 AM
Or maybe the RFU have enough on thewir hands dealing with their own financial mismanagement.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Whoopey

• One of the boys
Reply #16 on: August 14, 2018, 10:29:23 AM
Anybody who rents a house or room in Scarborough will be paying rent at the appropriate commercial rate.

I have no reason to doubt Toms honestly at all....maybe his judge of character when talking to coaching staff at other clubs!

Me and Tom get on very well and have always been honest in every aspect. Just found it funny that you said no one got accommodation for free when it’s not the case. I couldn’t care less who spent what and what players got what. Just thought an influential man in the know like yourself would know these things before saying they paid their own rent. I hope you go well and hope we see you in NE1 next season ????

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #17 on: August 14, 2018, 10:56:41 AM
I'm afraid you have been misinformed.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Whoopey

• One of the boys
Reply #18 on: August 14, 2018, 01:25:29 PM
I'm afraid you have been misinformed.

Conveniently.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #19 on: August 14, 2018, 01:47:23 PM
Accurately.

Mink

• Forum old hand
Reply #20 on: August 14, 2018, 03:00:16 PM
the thing is the truth will never come out...which is most likely somewhere in between
im sure every player makes out he gets more that he actual does, and every club plays down what they offer or do for the players
you can use your common sense to work it out.

eg - a player that lives 5 mins from a club moves to that club - likelihood  is that its for convenience
a player moves to a club with a hundred mile round trip every time they train or play - likely to be receiving someone for his troubles

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #21 on: August 14, 2018, 03:21:06 PM
"Someone"?  ;D
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

Mink

• Forum old hand
Reply #22 on: August 14, 2018, 04:23:29 PM
my typo... should have said something

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #23 on: August 14, 2018, 04:27:06 PM
That's a relief.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

Billy36

• Finding my feet
  • Breathing Cotswold fire over Yorkshire's fields
Reply #24 on: August 18, 2018, 11:01:20 PM
Had an impromptu visit to Silver Royd yesterday evening for Scarborough vs Hullensians. What a delight it was to find a preseason game under some floodlights, and free entry, having travelled from South Yorkshire to drop my good lady off at an attroucious Britney Spears concert. Urgh.

A game of scrappy proportions with Scarborough struggling to deal with Hullensians blitz defence that stifled the home side’s pack and slowed down the ball to their backs. They played 3 thirds rather than two halves and it was 19-19 going into the final section. But Scarborough’s backs finally got moving when their apparent Sam Burgess experiment resumed normally flanking duties rather than filling in at 12. I assume that was the case as he looked far better at six than he did at double that number.

Scarborough will be thankful they won’t have the referee in level 6 that they had last night. Clearly didn’t like the silver royd faithful’s vocal support and  with 15 minutes gone, very entertainingly attempted to send half the fans home. Told the Scarborough dugout to send their fans into the club house or he’d call off the game. Very entertaining. They of course didn’t leave the balcony or the fans area and the game went on without any malace or ill behaviour.

Thanks for a lovely reprieve from britney’s greatest hits.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 08:31:01 AM by Red Horseman »

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #25 on: August 19, 2018, 08:29:01 PM
Although I'm many miles away ..I understand the final score was 47-19 with much of the backline missing true to a wedding the next day.

Billy36

• Finding my feet
  • Breathing Cotswold fire over Yorkshire's fields
Reply #26 on: August 19, 2018, 08:42:44 PM
My apologies, I did neglect to hammer home the superiority of Scarborough in the final third. I had it as 43-19, but let’s not get bogged down in semantics - once you stopped toying with Hullensians with your team selection and moved players into their appropriate positions you looked extremely potent in attack.

Can I ask why you started a prop at 10, a flanker at 12 and your clear stand out Aussie 10 at 13?
I can appreciate the lack of player availability for a preseason friendly, but a prop at stand off and knowing you had a back line ready, as the final third showed? Odd experiment. I wish you all the best with it, and your season, going forward.

Thank your bar staff for a warm welcome and cold beer.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #27 on: August 19, 2018, 09:02:43 PM
Billy...I'm afraid I have no idea who was playing..only who wasn't. I'm in the Scottish highlands on a particularly pleasant estate but I'll try and find out.

Dropkicker

• Forum old hand
Reply #28 on: August 19, 2018, 11:06:25 PM
I hear your are up north stalking BRB and before anyone starts that's deer stalking and not " old dears". Looking forward to you engaging on here full time some time soon.

Ed I Tackle

• Forum old hand
Reply #29 on: August 20, 2018, 10:12:38 AM
A good work out on Friday night for us (Hullensians).

We had a predominantly 2nd team pack throughout the game and as Billy36 said in the final period when more of Scarbs first choice pack entered the field they had far too much strength for us and as a result we shipped a few tries. Considering it was our first hit out of the pre-season on a Friday night after work we took out of it what we wanted.

Matty Jones started at 10, but as BRB stated a few of the lads were at the usual 10's wedding the following day. It was agreed to start with fringe players in the first period and slowly introduce more strength throughout the game. As mentioned on another thread unfortunately MJ has had visa issues and is heading home, therefore not in Scarbs plans - which is why I assume he played 10 to for the first period!

Hard to make any predictions for the forthcoming year based on 1 game, so I won't! But good luck in NE1 for the new season