$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Champions...

Author Topic: Champions...  (Read 10804 times)

Offline Dark Arts Advocate

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
    • View Profile
Re: Champions...
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2018, 11:14:14 AM »
It's going to be competitive at the top.

Not sure your boys need worry about that!
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

Offline Dropkicker

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2018, 03:09:25 PM »
As provocative as ever somethings never change.. will keep things interesting if nothing else.
At least you have several more clubs this season to use your charms on 😀

Offline Welshwonder

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2018, 03:37:16 PM »
Crystal ball still a bit cloudy after the long dry summer,predictions before a ball is kicked look like this:-
1, Morpeth
2, Driffield
3, Cleckheaton
4, West Leeds
5, Pocklington
6, Bradford & Bingley
7, Scarborough
8, Percy Park
9,  York
10, Morley
11, Bridlington
12, Consett
13, Huddersfield YMCA
14 Malton & Norton

No idea really.....looking forward to a battle in a very competitive league😉

Offline The Show Pony

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2018, 11:53:05 AM »
Those days are gone.

I'm just aware of quite a few very good signings for York...although the junior subs are having to go up to cover the costs!

First I would like to say it feels good to be back on here with BRB. I have missed you dearly!

Ok, please can you let me know who we have signed? Because to my knowledge we have one signing! who is a 7 who played at the club 2 years ago???

The "Player Coach" is definitely just a coach! he wouldn't get in the team with Toby Aitken at 9 anyway!

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2018, 09:39:41 AM »
As provocative as ever somethings never change.. will keep things interesting if nothing else.
At least you have several more clubs this season to use your charms on 😀

Dont know how you have time to be on this forum DK?

I thought you would be out extoring money from 7 year olds, ensuring that there is enough in the coffers, to entertain BRB and the other Scarborough fat cats, in February!

Offline Dropkicker

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2018, 12:16:41 PM »
That's way to criptic for all but 2/3 people on this forum I think DAA so no point in dignifying it with an answer.
Other than to say you could of course apply for the role!!!!!!!!

Offline Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • A little respect please...
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2018, 12:22:45 PM »
Please, please teach him how to use the quote function properly before going any further  ::)
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2018, 02:36:29 PM »
Please, please teach him how to use the quote function properly before going any further  ::)
[somebody needs to!!/quote]

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2018, 08:46:00 AM »
After 4 rounds this summer thread already makes interesting reading... BUT still very early days ..
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level. Lucky to be involved in England's number one ranked level 7 league...Yorkshire One.

Offline NorthEast1_fan

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2018, 03:42:32 PM »
A bit of input from a Durham/North perspective:

Our 3 teams have started well (Morpeth in particular unbeaten). Consett, although results haven't gone their way have played some good rugby by all accounts and should pick up some home wins certainly. Some points on their travels will be needed at some stage though.

A few returning local lads mixed with some upcoming colts have boosted Morpeth's squad this year and signs so far are encouraging. I was at the game last weekend and despite them not playing particularly well, they dug in and won with the last kick of the game. B&B played well and can't see them battling it out at the bottom come end of the season.

Percy Park again doing OK with only defeat coming to the two top teams. Still a few bodies to come back and see them being near the top come the end of the season.

Here's my title predictions after only a hand full of games:

1, Pocklington
2, Morpeth
3, York
4, Driffield
5, Brid
6, WL
7, Scarborough
8, Percy P
9,  YMCA
10, B&B
11, Morley
12, Cleckheaton
13, Consett
14, M&N

Close run thing with anyone beating everyone at some stage!

Offline Dropkicker

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2018, 03:33:08 PM »
My early prediction for champions.. by a distance is.

YORK.

They have spent some serious $$$ on more assistant coaches (10 coaches coaching 5 players!) and will be comfortably the best team in the league.

Not quite sure how to move a quote from one thread to another so will have to post this here rather than under " surprises".
My "nick" last year for BRB was "the all seeing, all knowing oracle" A handle that without argument must be fact given his post pre - season. Whilst he won't admit it it was his a diversionary tactic as usual to take the spotlight off Scabs, and was probably said very tongue in cheek.
I'm a bit out of the loop at York at the moment but am delighted with the start to the season which I must admit has taken me a little by surprise.
I think it would be fair to say we are where we are with 95% plus of our squad from last season, with additions mainly coming from returning past players. This in addition to an horrific injury list in the first 4/5 games has made our start even more of a pleasant surprise to me. The additions to the
coaching team have obviously made a difference and testament must go to our Head coach and Director of Rugby (both volunteers) for having the foresight. Ensuring your coaching team evolves is just as important as player development, we (York) must ensure this continues regardless of where finish in the league this year.
Next weeks game at Scabs whilst won't be a season defining game will be tough test for both teams. We had a narrow win there last season, a similar narrow win of course be great however I have a sneaky feeling Scabs may just me the team to beat this season. Of course "The Lord of the Forum" will argue otherwise.
Just another thought to throw out there. I am of the opinion that no team in local derby's involving ourselves, Scabs, Pock, Driff, Malton or Brid will win both there home and away fixture against each. Big call I know but if proves correct the league will most definitely go down to the wire.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2018, 03:45:19 PM »
That reminds me I need to update Beasts from the East...
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level. Lucky to be involved in England's number one ranked level 7 league...Yorkshire One.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2019, 05:34:46 PM »
1 Morley
2 Driffield
3 Pocklington
4 West Leeds
5 York
6 Morpeth
7 Percy Park
8 Bradford & Bingley
9 Cleckheaton
10 Malton
11 Bridlington
12 Consett
13 Huddersfield
14 Scarborough

The predicted bottom club has over performed!

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2019, 04:26:32 PM »
1 Morley
2 Driffield
3 Pocklington
4 West Leeds
5 York
6 Morpeth
7 Percy Park
8 Bradford & Bingley
9 Cleckheaton
10 Malton
11 Bridlington
12 Consett
13 Huddersfield
14 Scarborough

The predicted bottom club has over performed!
Is he called the Timber Jedi because his head is made of wood?

that might explain his predictions!

Offline NorthEast1_fan

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2019, 03:22:57 PM »
Shows the competitiveness of this league! Everyone beating anyone at some stage and no one has come close to a solid league prediction.

Still plenty of rugby left...who will crack under the pressure??? Think this weekend could be a massive indicator as to which side will be crowned champions!