$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Champions...

Author Topic: Champions...  (Read 10801 times)

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
Re: Champions...
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2019, 04:16:57 PM »
Morpeth are champions
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level. Lucky to be involved in England's number one ranked level 7 league...Yorkshire One.

Offline Johnosjstrap

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2019, 05:42:10 PM »
Yawn.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2019, 05:44:17 PM »
Who exactly will they lose to??
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level. Lucky to be involved in England's number one ranked level 7 league...Yorkshire One.

Offline Johnosjstrap

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2019, 05:53:21 PM »
Away to Pock? Hardly a gimme?
Morley........fairly sure they've something to play for?
Driff are always good and who travels up Consett hill without continuously peeping over their shoulder?

A more educated man than I may suggest you're trying to divert pressure from the puckering  of nervous nipsies way out East.

Big weekend coming up for all.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2019, 06:26:36 PM »
I'm not hiding it.....I'm very nervous. Morley haven't lost in months!

Offline NorthEast1_fan

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2019, 04:17:25 PM »
Should be a cracker!

Wins for Morley and Morpeth would make it a battle for 2nd with Morpeth doing well to let a 7/8/9 pt lead slip!

Offline Pristine Shorts

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2019, 06:32:19 PM »
Looking to be a very tasty finish.... will Scarborough put the Maroons to the sword ? Toughest game of the Season by the look of it, certainly from a promotion point of view.

Offline Dark Arts Advocate

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2019, 07:08:54 PM »
Looking to be a very tasty finish.... will Scarborough put the Maroons to the sword ? Toughest game of the Season by the look of it, certainly from a promotion point of view.
Doubt Scarborough will come away with anything more than 2 losing bonus points! That however will probably be enough come the end of the season.
The thing is they could really do with home advantage in the playoffs. So 1 losing bonus point might be enough. But anything less and an away playoff beckons!
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2019, 09:12:04 PM »
Agree with all of that

Offline avinastella

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2019, 09:51:25 PM »
Looking at latest Disciplinary report and it seems Scarborough were on the naughty step.
What did they do?
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2019, 07:58:15 AM »
I could provide you a 20 minute forensic video which clearly explains the reaction of the players and crowd..... however the matter is closed.

As a club we will give feedback to the referees society at the end of season.

Offline Master_Knowledge

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2019, 08:56:13 AM »
Always closed and not to be discussed when it's your boys eh. Always a video or some other proof that proves your angels.

Anyway nice to see you tear yourself away from the restructuring long enough to comment on something else.

Offline Dan Nulty

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2019, 09:04:09 AM »
Always closed and not to be discussed when it's your boys eh. Always a video or some other proof that proves your angles.

Fair challenge.  Corrected the spelling of angles as well MK, unless BRB does actually believe in angels.

Offline Master_Knowledge

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2019, 10:45:09 AM »
I meant angels as in the winged things apparently sent from god.

As in their behaviour is angelic.

Offline torquil

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2019, 10:52:19 AM »
If the Scarborough disciplinary matter relates to their home match v Pocklington may I make the following observations:

On entering the ground, I received the distinct impression that the home side felt that all they had to do was turn up to take the game from their lowly opposition. This impression was further reinforced following Pocklington's inability to score after being camped in the Scarborough 22 for the first 15 minutes.

The referee was playing the laws in a different way to what the home side was expecting. The home captain allowed this to go on for too long before he first started questioning the official. This led to both frustration mounting within his team, and a belligerent manner in his communication with the referee. It is a known fact that in this league referees from different associations officiate in different ways. Scarborough's failure to deal with this was the single main factor in their defeat. It was also noted that one of the Scarborough replacements became involved in an argumentative discussion with a Pocklington supporter towards the end of the first half. I know from my own sporting days that once you lose 100% concentration in the game in hand then you are beaten.

Both these points will be doubtless confirmed by the forensic Scarborough video evidence. I have no doubt that as well as showing the alleged elbow to the face  made by the Pocklington scrum half, it will also highlight the disgraceful behaviour meted out by elements of the home crowd to the visiting 18 year old fly half as he prepared for, and missed, his conversions.  There is no place for that in any sport, let alone this fine game. Doubtless it will also show the thuggish challenge (I won't call it a tackle) made on the Pocklington prop in the first minutes of the game causing him to leave the field of play. The sort of video evidence normally found on Saturday night town centre CCTV footage.

Silver Royd is a fine ground and Scarborough is a fine community rugby club. To become a great club they need to acquire the quality of dignity in defeat.