$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Predictions 01.09.18 (with predictions competition)

Predictions 01.09.18 (with predictions competition)

This is a discussion for the topic Predictions 01.09.18 (with predictions competition) on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Predictions 01.09.18 (with predictions competition)  (Read 5786 times)

Sheeptownlad

• Finding my feet
Reply #15 on: August 29, 2018, 12:25:55 PM
Baildon v Hemsworth Hemsworth to Bully Baildon here
Halifax Vandals v Aireborough - Aireborough I thought were one of the best teams in the league on their day last year
Harrogate Pythons v Knottingley - Pythons on their pitch
Leeds Corinthians v Sheffield Medics, Tough one to call but I think Leeds will take this, just
Skipton v Castleford - No comment
Thornensians v Leeds Modernians - Thorne (J) to but a dominant stamp on this league
Wensleydale v Rotherham Phoenix Wensleydale at home although Rotherham to punish them up front

Swan Ronson

• Finding my feet
Reply #16 on: August 29, 2018, 02:55:32 PM
Baildon vs Hemsworth - Don't think it'll be as easy for Hems as a lot of people seem to be predicting, and wouldn't surprise me if Baildon sneak it.
Halifax Vandals vs Aireborough - Home advantage to count here for a narrow win.
Harrogate Pythons vs Knottingley - Pythons didn't do as well as expected last season but backing them for a strong start to this one.
Leeds Corinthians vs Sheffield Medics - Unfortunately the student sides don't really show up until October, or I'd be backing Shmeds.
Skipton vs Castleford - Close one but backing Cas who must be pushing for promotion this season.
Thornensians vs Leeds Modernians - Mods can be quality but Thorne at home to start strongly.
Wensleydale (joker) vs Rotherham Phoenix - A long old trip for Phoenix and Wensleydale are difficult to beat at home. Could be a thumping.

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #17 on: August 30, 2018, 01:03:41 PM
Baildon v Hemsworth - Hemsworth were solid last year but the results Baildon got to the end of last year were impressive, so if they can carry that on I think they will sneak it at home.
Halifax Vandals v Aireborough - Tough one because I haven't seen Vandals in over a year but if they're up to full strength should sneak it on the hill. Aireborough are usually a strong outfit too so will be close.
Harrogate Pythons v Knottingley - Never know what to expect with Pythons but its always an entertaining game, we've got quite a different team again this year so lets see how it goes. Just hope I don't collapse after 10 minutes.
Leeds Corinthians v Sheffield Medics - Think Leeds should get the win at home, best time to play the students is opening day.
Skipton v Castleford - If Cas are full strength they should win this even with a long trip to Skipton.
Thornensians v Leeds Modernians - Never played Thorne but going off them coming down and beating Ponte in the final of the cup I'll side with them.
Wensleydale JOKER v Rotherham Phoenix - Dale are very strong at home and play the farmers field well, would be a big upset if Rotherham won this.

Pot luck on opening day anyone can beat anyone. Good luck.

Fletch0001

• One of the boys
Reply #18 on: August 30, 2018, 01:36:23 PM
Baildon v Hemsworth - Don't think I have ever played against Baildon but have Hemsworth on numerous occasions so will back them.
Halifax Vandals v Aireborough - Expect Vandals to win this one. At least it might be warm this time of year on top of that hill.
Harrogate Pythons v Knottingley - Going with a home win.
Leeds Corinthians v Sheffield Medics - Always gonna back my own team.
Skipton v Castleford - Decent bus trip to Skipton but would expect Castleford to come away with the win.
Thornensians v Leeds Modernians - Would expect Thorne to win this one and probably be one of the contenders for promotion.
Wensleydale JOKER v Rotherham Phoenix - Wensleydale to win this one but if Rotherhams prop (who I also think is their captain) is playing it wont be an easy game for Wensleydale. I don't think he can play every week due to work commitments but he is one of the better props I have ever played against and he certainly changes the way Rotherham play.

steveowl

• Finding my feet
Reply #19 on: August 30, 2018, 06:54:02 PM
Baildon
 Aireborough
 Knottingley
Leeds Corinthians
Skipton
Thornensians
Wensleydale

Quality 2

• Finding my feet
Reply #20 on: August 31, 2018, 08:44:06 AM
Baildon v HEMSWORTH J; +20 pts; based on the OO v  Baildon “friendly warm-up!”
VANDALS v Aire; +20; Aire to struggle this season but at least their pitch will be good to soft after the summer!
Pythons v KNOTTINGLY; +10; even at Pythons
Leeds Corinthians v SHEFF MEDS; +10; too much gas!
SKIPTON v Cas; -10; game of the week
THORN v Mods; +20; could be more
WENSLEYDALE v Rotherham Phoenix; +20; Chapmans lads to give his kicker loads of practice!

Good luck all