$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Game plan

Author Topic: Game plan  (Read 1689 times)

Offline ye olde 9

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
Re: Game plan
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2018, 11:27:30 PM »
Went well, can we drink night before, yes, can we run the ball from everywhere, yes, will we get a hot Physio, yes, will selection be on merit, yes, will you treat us like blokes not students, yes. Will we train hard 3/4 times a week, in all weather, yes, will you want a budget for 3 assistant coaches, no.

Offline ye olde 9

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2018, 11:32:57 PM »
Osset 9'we need to grab a beer this season,

Offline Used To Be Fast Once

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2018, 11:56:51 AM »
You didn't have to wait for 5 minutes for kicking tee to come on. You made a divot with toe end of your boot

The  hot bath after the game is what I missed most long soak better than any warm down.  Usually with a can of beer or hot sweet tea out of the urn.. no hanging around in changing rooom then if you wanted the clean water.

Training was laps round the field doing star jumps and press ups etc a few shuttles and sprints. Nobody went to the gym .

Going to away games with no sat navs  or google maps getting lost and losing a car full of players .

Offline Ribbflagman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2018, 04:11:01 PM »
After a home league win we often have a bucket of gin and tonic in the dressing room consisting of some of the physios ice. At least a litre of "Gordon's and a couple of bottles of tonic and a full lemon squeezed in.The young lads love it and sometimes it has to go upstairs to the supporters in the clubhouse to finish off.

Offline Sail By

• The lord of the Manor...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2018, 04:49:46 PM »
And the team would be full of characters like Thwaitey!!

https://twitter.com/EnglandRugby/status/1037364522309378049?s=19

Offline silverback

• Forum old hand
  • Riverside
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2018, 08:54:24 AM »
Still got a bath at Hessle    with galvanised pipes feeding it takes about 30 mins to fill up to half way   think the players still like it it mind you they tend to stay in there too long and don't spend as much in the bar
AHHH the cold sponge     what a healing tool that was        Jugs for beer afterwards not watering cans although that's a novel idea which I'm sure we will try soon as there will be plenty cheap at Homebase   our team don't respond to set moves as they forget and also don't have the skill level to do as the previous posts mentioned    just a good old grassroots game with that sinking feeling at 4-45 on a Saturday after a disappointing game    still love it though and glad September has arrived for the above reasons

Offline oneoftheoldfarts

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2018, 08:24:28 PM »
And every Saturday was for playing rugby, sometimes over the border, usually on a bus. Xmas break, load of tosh, play Saturday, Boxing Day, Saturday and New Years Day with a quick tot of sherry with a raw egg in it. Buy your opposite number a pint after the game, get one back, NEVER EVER leave a club before 6.00pm. Sing rugby songs at every opportunity. Get drunk regularly, get divorced, but still be available the following Saturday.

Offline ye olde 9

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2018, 10:22:31 PM »
Love the fact you get a text or watsap/Facebook weekly to see if you are training and available. The season is mid August until end of April, available unless leg hanging off then still try and tape on, you want a first team shirt you train twice a week😏. Hid my kit in car sat before I got married so I could play" got married on a Friday, played Sat went on honey money Sunday. For 5 days back for next game.

FYI divorced 7 years later, played this year after first 1st XV appearance for dinnington 28 years ago. Before anyone pipes up my passing hasn't got worse it's always been referee, but used to be as fast as referee off a shovel to make up for it, now I am just generally referee ;D