Author Topic: Results  (Read 2153 times)

Offline Old_hook

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Results
« on: September 08, 2018, 06:32:05 PM »
Ossett did well in the driving York rain today.
Our backs couldn’t get firing for a bit as a result, but in the end we came good. Always love coming to York!

Rowntrees?

Offline Plenty in the tank

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Re: Results
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 06:53:46 PM »
Solid defensive effort from Wibsey today playing against 16 men on a postage stamp with a 45 degree slope. Was under the cosh from the Burley pack the first half but weathered the storm to go in 10-3 up at the break. Stronger attacking in the second half, few good tries scored before the ref got on the score sheet for burley with a penalty true. Real hard hitting game, few sore bodies on both sides tomorrow

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 07:36:32 PM »
Burley 10-31 Wibsey difficult game, burley played the pitch and the referee better than Wibsey, but Wibsey always looked too strong. Penalty try incorrectly awarded for repeated penalties against wibsey(only one for a high shot this week!!) made the score fairer than 31-3 probably would have felt.
Burley will improve with the students but so will Wibsey missing 3 starters from last week.

Man of the match for Wibsey was 37 year old flanker Scott smith,

Offline Sycamore

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 07:42:57 PM »
Same one who got binned last week?

Offline NRRUFC

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 07:46:52 PM »
Trees totally switched off and gave away an 18-5 lead to lose 23-24.. missed a late conversion to steal it but wouldn’t have been deserved. There’s another 4 gears to come and we’ve got to switch into them sooner rather than later. That said full credit to Rods, took chances and fought right back when another score would have probably put it to bed.

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 08:14:13 PM »
Same one who got binned last week?
Yes learnt from his mistakes,bent his back and made several good tackles, ran well and nearly got a meat pie

Offline Too old too slow

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 09:04:31 PM »
Wibsey would have won be a country mile today if I wasn't the the incompetent performance of the ref and the pissing down rain .
They took a beating from a  Burley team for 30 mins who were down the hill in the first half, then on wibseys first  real attack  the lumbering second rower slid in from 5m out off a pass from Robertson
Again in the first half Wibsey were a man down due to the new tackling interpretation.
In the second half wibseys superior skills came to the showings as Burleys heart faded and won convincingly .
Even tho the Wibsey winger threw the best pass of the game for a interception , which gave Burley field position to get a penalty try.
Wibsey players proved better at taking each other out as a winger ran in to the grey haired old flanker taking him out for the game (still to complete a full 80 minutes)
A good win for the green and red in poor conditions with a poor ref
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 09:08:42 PM by Too old too slow »

Offline Old_hook

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 10:54:59 PM »
Firstly, never diss the ref! Without them, there is no game. No matter how poor, we need them and they turn up to many clubs without an even “hello!”
Wibsey seem confident. We shall see. Trees were giving it at the start but seem to have stuttered. 🤷🏼???

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2018, 07:20:28 AM »
Firstly, never diss the ref! Without them, there is no game. No matter how poor, we need them and they turn up to many clubs without an even “hello!”
Wibsey seem confident. We shall see. Trees were giving it at the start but seem to have stuttered. 🤷🏼

Wibsey haven’t conceded a penalty for back chat so far in pre season or in our first 2 league games, something we are proud off.

Offline el boss

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2018, 09:48:14 AM »
Please explain how trees were giving it at the start or the season??.

Offline silverback

• Forum old hand
  • Riverside
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2018, 09:49:28 AM »
Nice win for Hessle   15-13. against Mos.    weather made the game scrappy but a win is a win.      why we decide to run it from a penalty under the sticks when 7 points in front. , and decline the 3 easy points is beyond my thinking even as a prop of NO REPUTE whatsoever I would have taken 3    any hoo nice win

Offline Premier

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2018, 09:54:49 AM »
Surprised with the very poor start by Halifax--  New experienced coach and thought they had recruited/poached well from local clubs.

Offline Too old too slow

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2018, 10:11:19 AM »
Wibsey seem confident. We shall see. Trees were giving it at the start but seem to have stuttered. 🤷🏼???

It's never the fault of the referees as to why teams loose a game...but they have to take responsibility for causing situations of frustration on the field with there incompetence and inconsistency week to week and red to ref.
 It's a thankless task i wouldn't want
Congratulations to Hessle on a good win and unlucky to rowntrees missing out both in close games

Offline Plenty in the tank

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2018, 10:13:56 AM »
They are a very young side and lacking a few old heads to steady the ship. Think it’s going to be a tough season for them until everything starts to click. I watched them against skipton pre season and they weren’t doing so good with starting XV but as soon as a couple of the older forwards came on they controlled the ball better and get the ball out to the backs. I also think quite a few teams have also improved leaps and bounds. Pre season matches against teams in higher divisions have proved this. The standard between Y3 and Y4 has closed drastically in my opinion, only early days but both promoted teams have had wins in y3

Offline caravan boys

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2018, 12:31:47 PM »
good win for Bramley at Halifax , any win away from home this season is going to be difficult.
I agree the division does seem to have raised a level.