$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Predictions Week 3 (15.09.18)

Predictions Week 3 (15.09.18)

This is a discussion for the topic Predictions Week 3 (15.09.18) on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Predictions Week 3 (15.09.18)  (Read 6252 times)

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
on: September 12, 2018, 01:54:16 AM
Standings after Week 2 (21 in the league now):
Sheeptownlad      11
SpeedyG              11
2ndRowYourBoat   10
gateprop              10
Quality 2              10
Swan Ronson      10
thorne123              10
Beachy               9
Fletch0001               9
Jimmy85               9
schming               9
Speedy Python       9
TonyCurtis               9
Dropped It               8
Mud pig               8
Pantomath               8
The Honey Badger  8
ye olde 9               8
Bruce               6
FatProp1               6
steveowl               6

A reminder on how the predictions competition works:
- Pick 6 results out of the 7 games to predict (so people don’t have to bet on their own team)
- Pick one result as your joker to be worth double points (no restrictions on how often you can pick one team)
- Add a couple of comments as to why you’ve made your predictions to keep some level of banter.

Anyone who missed the last 2 weeks but wants to join in will gain the lowest points scored in the week missed. Same throughout the rest of the season, miss a week and you'll get the same as the lowest score, rather than 0 points.

Good luck all!

Baildon v Aireborough
Castleford v Knottingley
Halifax Vandals v Harrogate Pythons
Hemsworth v Rotherham Phoenix
Leeds Corinthians v Leeds Modernians
Skipton v Thornensians
Wensleydale v Sheffield Medics

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 02:04:16 AM
Some really hard fixtures to predict this week!
Baildon v Aireborough - tough start to the season for both, backing Aire in a tight game.
Castleford v Knottingley - surprising results for both last week, another tough one to call but going with Cas.
Halifax Vandals v Harrogate Pythons - need to back up last week with an away performance. Always a tough place to play so will have to be at our best in this one.
Hemsworth v Rotherham Phoenix - Rotherham have had a decent start to the season but then so have Hemsworth. Home advantage to edge this one.
Leeds Corinthians v Leeds Modernians - confidence will be sky high at Corinthians after their start to the season and Mods seem to be struggling. Home win.
Skipton v Thornensians - can Skipton back up their performance last week? Against pretty much any other team I'd be backing them this week but not Thorne.
Wensleydale (J) v Sheffield Medics - long day out for the students this. Dale I'm sure will be looking to bounce back from last week and they play their own pitch very well.

TonyCurtis

• One of the boys
Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 06:23:40 AM
Baildon v Aireborough - little to choose between these two after a tough start but think Aire will edge it
Castleford v Knottingley - home win, with Cas grinding it out
Hemsworth v Rotherham Phoenix - Rotherham could be the surprise package. They are well organised with some experienced heads in there.
Leeds Corinthians v Leeds Modernians - Good start from Corinthians so think they will continue this at home
Skipton v Thornensians - Thorne are my tip to go up, although credit to Skipton on their win last week. Joker win for Thorne.
Wensleydale v Sheffield Medics - Dale all the way, can’t see them losing many at home

Dropped It

• Forum old hand
  • Can't catch, won't kick.
Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 09:02:44 AM
Well I only got one right last week so hopefully this week will be better...

Baildon v Aireborough - Going with Aire. I have seen them play and they were decent. I haven't seen Baildon. Both have something to prove in this game and see Aire edging it.

Castleford v Knottingley - Game of the weekend in this early derby match. Just going with home advantage. Put both these teams down to win last week and wouldn't be surprised if the worms get the spoils.

Halifax Vandals v Harrogate Pythons - We're hosting a strong Pythons team this week. We have to get back to winning ways after what, by all accounts was a poor showing last week. They want to keep up their momentum after a good win last week.

Hemsworth v Rotherham Phoenix - Didn't play against Rotherham last week. From who I have spoken to they're well organised across 1-15. Hemsworth have been solid too. So I tossed a coin and its said Rotherham.

Leeds Corinthians v Leeds Modernians - Conrinths have made a good start. I expect them to carry that on this week. Mods finished high up last season so I don't think they will be struggling this season but I don't see this being their first win.

Skipton v Thornensians - Thorn to win. Well done to Skipton with a good win last week. Don't see this going the same way unfortunately.

Wensleydale v Sheffield Medics - Weird start to the season for us and Dale. I can see them using their pitch well and seeing off a spirited student side.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 09:04:45 AM by Dropped It »

Jimmy85

• Forum old hand
Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 09:19:46 AM
Baildon v Aireborough    -    Aireborough were decent enough against us. No seen Baildon for a few years so I'm gonna say Aire by 10.
Castleford v Knottingley   -   Derby's are usually a bit of a let down. Expecting a low scoring, close home win.
Halifax Vandals v Harrogate Pythons   -   We can't be any worse than last week! Can never judge Pythons. One week they can be as good as anyone, the next week less so. Hoping they have a bad week this Saturday!
Hemsworth v Rotherham Phoenix   -   For however bad we were last week, Rotherham were a very well drilled side with no real weak links. If they can keep hold of the same squad and travel well, they could be pushing top 2 at the end of the season. Backing Roth by 10+ here.
Leeds Corinthians v Leeds Modernians   -   Toss of a coin!
Skipton v Thornensians   -   Nobody is stopping Thorne from going straight back up this year. Wouldn't be surprised if the went unbeaten. Can see them being most people Joker pick most weeks!   
Wensleydale v Sheffield Medics   -   Surprised by Wensleydale's start, narrow win in their first game, followed by a bit of a beating last week. Had them as favourites for a top 2 spot before the season started. Maybe missing a few at cricket etc for the first couple of weeks? I'm sure they'll start putting a run together soon enough, usually do very well at home. Backing them to get going this week with a solid home win.

2ndRowYourBoat

• Finding my feet
Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 01:16:42 PM
Baildon v Aireborough - Battle of the packs this one - both on the back of heavy defeats. Can't see past a home W.
Castleford v Knottingley - Tough to call after last week. Power of Grottingly to take it.
Halifax Vandals v Harrogate Pythons (J) - Pythons impressive last week (even with 2 soft trys given to them), Vandals poor - Away W
Hemsworth v Rotherham Phoenix - another battle of the pack - Hems strong at home.
Leeds Corinthians v Leeds Modernians - impressive result for Corinthians last week. Mods not yet firing.
Skipton v Thornensians - Long first away fixture for Thorn. Based upon previous result alone. Away w

FatProp1

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 02:48:23 PM
Baildon v Aireborough - Aire to nick it with the big pack
Castleford v Knottingley - Cas at home for me
Hemsworth v Rotherham Phoenix - Hemsworth by 40+. Junior Titans Feeder Programme will struggle here. They have a major defensive weakness in their front row. The hooker, a man in his late 30's, has no place in the 1st team anymore, I cant see why they persist with him, they have a little chubby kid who is still playing cricket at the moment who will stroll back into the 1st team. I've heard on the rumor mill that the fat loose head could be back in the 1st team by default, expect plenty of kickable penalties for the Hemsworth 10.
Skipton v Thornensians - Thorne (J) I've got the caravan up at Skipton, so will be attending the game this week, so looking forward to a good Thorne win
Wensleydale v Sheffield Medics - Dale at home for me here

Swan Ronson

• Finding my feet
Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 02:49:48 PM
Baildon v Aireborough - Both teams not had the best of starts to the season. I think the Aireborough pack will be the difference here in a close one.
Castleford v Knottingley - Could be a tasty match this. I think Cas will have enough at home.
Halifax Vandals v Harrogate Pythons - I'd expect Vandals at home to win this one, though Pythons will fancy it after their win last week.
Hemsworth v Rotherham Phoenix - Big game this, both teams have started strongly. Don't fancy calling it so no prediction from me to keep in line with the 6/7 predictions league.
Leeds Corinthians v Leeds Modernians - Poor start for Mods this season, I think Corinthians will make it even worse.
Skipton v Thornensians - I expect Thorne to carry on as they are but Skipton could be tough opponents.
Wensleydale  (J) v Sheffield Medics - Dale haven't had the start to the season I'd expected, thought they'd be top 4 contenders but not looking like it so far. However, it's a long old trip for the Medics (are they back yet?) so I think they'll win comfortably at home.

Speedy Python

• One of the boys
Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 04:42:56 PM
Some interesting results last week

Baildon v Aireborough Aire just in this local derby
Castleford v Knottingley Tough to call. Again Knotts by skin of their teeth
Hemsworth v Rotherham Phoenix Roth look the real deal this season. Close home win
Leeds Corinthians v Leeds Modernians Corinthians have also impressed. Mods haven't so far
Skipton v Thornensians(J) Despite Skips great result last week Thorn should have too much
Wensleydale v Sheffield Medics Will be an interesting game if students are back

Good luck to everyone

ye olde 9

• A little respect please...
Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 05:07:32 PM
Baildon v Aireborough - Not entered
Castleford v Knottingley - Cas by 5
Halifax Vandals v Harrogate Pythons - Vandals by 3
Hemsworth v Rotherham Phoenix - Titan feeder by 10
Leeds Corinthians v Leeds Modernians - Mods by 3
Skipton v Thornensians (Joker) Skipton by 15
Wensleydale v Sheffield Medics - Dale by 7

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 05:45:10 PM
Baildon v Aireborough - Both teams with 2 losses but I think Aire will get their first win on the board at Baildon with their big pack.
Castleford v Knottingley - My favourite game of the year! I think we have a much improved side from last week and I hope we can turn the local enemy over on their own patch, but we know if Cas have their full strength side out too it'll be a tough day if we're to get anything. Looking forward to it.
Halifax Vandals v Harrogate Pythons - A tough one to call with Vandals result last week and Gate winning but think Vandals will be looking to get back to winning ways on their patch and I think they will just.
Hemsworth v Rotherham Phoenix - Should be interesting seeing which way this goes with both teams getting good wins last week, I'm gunna favour Hems with the home advantage and their big pack on the small pitch.
Leeds Corinthians (J) v Leeds Modernians - Leeds already showing why they got promoted last year, can't see any reasons so far as to why Mods would beat them at their place.
Skipton v Thornensians - Skipton got a good win away from home last week but I'd say it'll be a tougher task this week at home to Thorne from the results I've seen.
Wensleydale v Sheffield Medics - Both Dales results have shocked me so far so another close one to call, I can confirm all the students are back and would think this could go either way, but it's a decent old journey up there from Sheff so I'll go with Dale.

Bruce

• Finding my feet
Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 06:44:21 PM
Baildon, not picked them yet, hoping they play their pitch better
Harrogate, not picked them yet, good win last week
Hemsworth, not picked them yet, good start for hems
Corinthians joker, not picked them yet, have mods scored yet?
Skipton, not picked them yet, ye old 9 predicted 15point win last week n it was 15 nil, great call mate deserves a bonus point!
Wensleydale, not picked them yet, got to be on your game their
Sit on fence with Cas Knots, like to watch it though, could go either way, bragging rights up for grabs looking forward to the reports.
Good look everyone

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 08:48:19 PM
Baildon v Aireborough - Not entered

You moved clubs again??
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Quality 2

• Finding my feet
Reply #13 on: September 12, 2018, 08:59:33 PM
Aire; close but just enough in the tank to win the derby. Aire by less than 7
Cas; as above. Cas by less tha 7
Vandals; too decent teams but home advantage to count. Vandals by 10 & Joker!!!!!
Hemsworth; Rotherham to create waves this season but home advantage on the postage stamp to count, assuming they don’t run out of puff. Hems by 7-10
Leeds Corinthians; again, home advantage to count. LC by 10
Thorne; just think the fact that they will want to bounce straight back to Y2 will see them through. Thorne by 14
Dale; long way for the kids to go. Dale by 10+

Mud pig

• One of the boys
Reply #14 on: September 13, 2018, 01:30:26 PM
Baildon v Aireborough
Fancy Aire here but it’ll be a close win.

ca$ v knotts
Game of the week, with beachy saying Knotts have players coming back and ca$ always seem to start the league well it’s a hard one to score...but I like knotts and fancy them to turn the wage bill over

Halifax Vandals v Harrogate Pythons
Vandals to get back to winnings ways

Hemsworth v Rotherham Phoenix
Going against the current here, both teams started well and we have a shock every week, his week I’m going to go with Roth to shock us

Leeds Corinthians v Leeds Mods
Mods for an away victory

Skipton v Thornensians J
Thorne to continue their 100% start and my joker his week

Wensleydale v Sheffield Medics
Dale by 20