$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results week 4

Results week 4

This is a discussion for the topic Results week 4 on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Results week 4  (Read 9492 times)

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #15 on: September 23, 2018, 09:27:35 PM
We travelled to Barnsley with 15, played the last 30 mins with 13 and then also suffered a sin binning so down to twelve men.

Injuries and weekends away killing us at the moment. Thankfully we made the game a league and cup double header so free weekend after Northallerton this week for us to recover. We have some good players and some good youngsters coming through, just need time for then to gel.

Locked Out

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Life is serious enough...
Reply #16 on: September 23, 2018, 10:58:24 PM
Feeling empathetic Dan - circumstances and personnel availability put us in difficult positions. Grit and determination will get clubs such as us out of the mire. Not sure how we are going to secure a consistently safe scrum though? #whereareriponsbigboys?

Welcome back old fahart, good to hear from you and hope sun's not interfering with eyesight too much?

Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #17 on: September 24, 2018, 12:40:02 AM
We put the $hiiits up North Ribb yesterday until the last 5 mins or so when we got on the wrong side of the ref and gave a couple of pens away.
 played
Played very well again and lost again, looking forward to playing badly and winning for a change.

Not sure about the shits but Ensians certainly gave us a stern test taking nothing away from them we did not perform as well as we can but superior fitness and strength told in the end. Best team we have come across so far, ought to win more than they lose and good luck to them for the rest of the season until the return fixture.

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #18 on: September 24, 2018, 08:19:57 AM
We travelled to Barnsley with 15, played the last 30 mins with 13 and then also suffered a sin binning so down to twelve men.

Injuries and weekends away killing us at the moment. Thankfully we made the game a league and cup double header so free weekend after Northallerton this week for us to recover. We have some good players and some good youngsters coming through, just need time for then to gel.

Hope you get the lads back for the remainder of the season pal.  Gutted to have missed the game - and that pint you owe me.  ;)

Speccy

• Forum old hand
Reply #19 on: September 24, 2018, 08:39:04 AM
Any explanation for the Roundhegians/Wetherby score,61 - 3 or was it just one of those days?

KingKong

• Finding my feet
Reply #20 on: September 24, 2018, 02:11:23 PM
Yes it's a shame for Wetherby started well first 2 weeks against strong teams and Ribblesdale may have been expected but the wheels seem to have come off the track this week.  Like you say it may be an off day hopefully for them and WetherbyTitan will enlighten us.
Ensians are doing well which is great for them and Yorks 2,  great for the spectators.

old style prop

• A little respect please...
  • anyone seen me tabs.
Reply #21 on: September 24, 2018, 03:27:20 PM
Sorry i cant shed any light on the hegians/weth as was away for the weekend myself with the kids and not expecting to see many 1s games this season as expect to be playing for the 2s again most weeks im not away with the kids. So unless im injured probable not a lot of opinions from me, but if i do make any 1st team games i will put my 6th peneth worth on here.

For whats its worth from what i saw of the team we had i knew we were a tad short on number as we did not put out a second team game (this was planned due to expected absences with Mint weekend so we did not put fixture in for them at start of season). That aside i did not think our 1st team on paper looked "weak" just the usual situation every club gets most weeks some away, some injured etc. My first thoughts on seeing the score was that Wetherby may have got on the wrong side of injuries or cards during the game to make it so one sided as these games for the last couple of years have always been very close 1 try in it affairs. Sure i will find out on Saturday. It continues the trend of the last couple of years in the local derbies of Hegians beat Wetherby who in turn beat Ripon who in turn beat Hegians (think that's been the case the last couple of seasons)

Locked Out

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Life is serious enough...
Reply #22 on: September 24, 2018, 08:04:16 PM
Wetherby getting on the wrong side of cards? Thought it was part of the game plan to restore the "Wetherby arrogance" and deliberately get players carded to show how well they could do with less players on the pitch?

Hegians10

• Finding my feet
Reply #23 on: September 25, 2018, 01:33:29 PM
First game we have managed to get a full side out this year due to weddings, cricket and injuries.

Apparently wetherby had a few out to mint festival but not sure exactly how many!

They had very little to offer in attack when they did have the ball and I’ve never seen us make so many breaks.

Hopefully get the same team out next week and get another good result!

Completely Neutral

• One of the boys
Reply #24 on: September 25, 2018, 04:28:42 PM
Does anyone know what’s happened to the Goole lads who used to post on here.
Can’t get to as many games as i’d like to now a days and look forward to getting match reports.
However other than my report from the other week no says anything from Goole or about them.
One of their old coaches didn’t like them posting stuff on here. God knows why but he’s gone now, so just wondering what’s up
Even Insider who I know isn’t paying now a days has gone quiet.

fish

• Forum old hand
Reply #25 on: September 25, 2018, 04:39:21 PM
Hi there can anyone shed any light on the OO's game ? I understand the ref disallowed 2 OO trys from intervention from the side line? also whats the ball punching incident with the Rib coach so OO could take a quick penalty or something ?
The older I get, the better I was

Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #26 on: September 25, 2018, 06:51:33 PM
Sorry Fish no knowledge of this and looking at both sides reports no mention other than Ensians having a try disallowed.

insider

• A little respect please...
Reply #27 on: September 25, 2018, 08:22:29 PM
Does anyone know what’s happened to the Goole lads who used to post on here.
Can’t get to as many games as i’d like to now a days and look forward to getting match reports.
However other than my report from the other week no says anything from Goole or about them.
One of their old coaches didn’t like them posting stuff on here. God knows why but he’s gone now, so just wondering what’s up
Even Insider who I know isn’t paying now a days has gone quiet.

Still playing but now living and playing in London! As a club not just the coaches they asked players not to post on here and bring any negative attention to the club! Some of my comments and post have been deemed inappropriate in the past so just easier to say nothing.
Look good, feel good, play good

Quality 2

• Finding my feet
Reply #28 on: September 25, 2018, 09:04:39 PM
Flagman

OO certainly had a try turned down for what appeared to be a knock on over the line but as I was at the opposite side no way could i make any comment.

However, the ball was certainly “interfered with” when the OO fullback had hands on the ball & the quick option was on, though a NR supporter on my (opposite) touch said it was not the NR coach.

ClbNrg

• Legend
Reply #29 on: September 25, 2018, 09:09:58 PM
Hi there can anyone shed any light on the OO's game ? I understand the ref disallowed 2 OO trys from intervention from the side line? also whats the ball punching incident with the Rib coach so OO could take a quick penalty or something ?

One try was disallowed Fish. Frustrating as the refs hand went up and we all celebrated, then he reversed the decision. I have spoke to the lads and they swear blind the ball was grounded but hey ho.

One Rib fella rushed out to handle the ball after it went into touch which prevented us from taking a quick one. Bit poor IMO but again $hit happens I suppose.