$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Sheffield RUFC v Doncaster Phoenix

Author Topic: Sheffield RUFC v Doncaster Phoenix  (Read 845 times)

Offline kronos47

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
Sheffield RUFC v Doncaster Phoenix
« on: September 29, 2018, 05:45:30 PM »
1st team clash between these two in Midlands National 3 at a beautifully sunny Abbeydale Park sports club.

Sheffield were 29-0 up at half time with the 4 try bonus point sorted.
The final score was 50-0.
DP had little or no possession but what little they had they ran from everywhere.
Always a young team and exciting to watch but there cause would be assisted if they had better game management/brains in the right positions.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Stars.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
Re: Sheffield RUFC v Doncaster Phoenix
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 06:08:18 PM »
Have DP peaked and on their way back down?
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level. Lucky to be involved in England's number one ranked level 7 league...Yorkshire One.

Offline kronos47

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 03:47:01 PM »
They had 3 of the guys who played in the SY cup final against us for there 2s playing so at least there plYers seem to be able to progress.
I doubt this hiatus will last long as surely the point is to getDP to Nat 2 where they can register and de register players to play between the two leagues and clubs freely and as often as required?

What was a bit odd is that we really have 1 line out option at the moment and they did not challenge that in any way so don’t understand whyDP coaches and players did not question that?
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Offline The Mole

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 07:36:57 PM »
I wasn't at the game yesterday but the team selected was extremely young even by our own standards, at a guess I would say an average age of 21. Having watched the 1st XV a couple of times this year I think they will be mid table again, which is no bad thing. They will pick up enough points at home to keep away from trouble.

Offline kronos47

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 07:54:46 PM »
I wasn't at the game yesterday but the team selected was extremely young even by our own standards, at a guess I would say an average age of 21. Having watched the 1st XV a couple of times this year I think they will be mid table again, which is no bad thing. They will pick up enough points at home to keep away from trouble.

Mole do you have any opinion on the result as it is quite a thumping?
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Offline The Mole

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 08:05:23 PM »
I feared we would be well beaten but didn’t expect the ‘nil’. I played with one of the replacements in a 3rd XV game a couple of weeks back! I expect us to be hugely inconsistent throughout the season, play some exciting rugby and upset some of the favourites.