$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Yorkshire rugby player convicted in court

Yorkshire rugby player convicted in court

This is a discussion for the topic Yorkshire rugby player convicted in court on the board Other Senior Rugby.

Author Topic: Yorkshire rugby player convicted in court  (Read 8853 times)

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
on: October 17, 2018, 01:20:23 PM
I've just seen this in the local paper. I'm not sure i've heard of him but the name sounds a little familiar. Anyone know him?

https://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/news/crime/rugby-prop-escapes-jail-after-brawl-in-whitby-pub-1-9400640
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Master_Knowledge

• Forum old hand
Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 08:38:22 AM
Was playing for Dinnington until recently I believe.

I'm sure he's remorseful enough and probably doesn't appreciate you posting it on here for the Yorkshire rugby public to see.

It's been dealt with by the courts and doesn't need further trial by the 'Peter perfects' on here!

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 09:04:29 AM
Shame on the Scarborough paper for making it public in the first place. Disgraceful reporting. I'm contacting the Saudis for advice.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

Builders mate

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 10:30:45 AM
Was playing for Dinnington until recently I believe.

I'm sure he's remorseful enough and probably doesn't appreciate you posting it on here for the Yorkshire rugby public to see.

It's been dealt with by the courts and doesn't need further trial by the 'Peter perfects' on here!

Here Here!

Once again BRB shows us his inclination towards 'Schadenfreude'.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 10:53:50 AM
Oh give over.... It was in plenty of papers.

Never heard of the guy, don't care either way.

Master_Knowledge

• Forum old hand
Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 12:24:26 PM
If it was in plenty of papers then why not leave it there to be read?

Stevo

• One of the boys
Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 06:51:58 PM
Simon is still playing for Dinnington

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 07:00:45 PM
If it was in plenty of papers then why not leave it there to be read?
Because we live in a free, liberal and open society. At the most basic level this affords me the privilege of posting a link to a newspaper article about a rugby player.
I didn't add my own spin and offered no comment.

Strangely enough I thought it might be of interest to people who know him.

I'm afraid if you don't like that then our views on a free and open society are very different.

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 07:19:48 PM
Master Knowledge

I can see absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever in BRB posting this. I had no knowledge at all of this incident and as it happens one of my associates is rather interested in the content. I will park that there.

You continually post unpleasant or tedious comments on the forum lacking in respect or conviviality. I aren't getting into any kind of argument which is pointless. Calling people childish unpleasant names because you apparently object to a bit of transparency about someones behaviour ( and he appears to have been convicted rather than 'accused') says something about you rather than BRB. I rather like the rule of law, common decency, and prefer to know antecedents of people I come across during my lawful occasion.

thanks BRB keep up the good work .

Master_Knowledge

• Forum old hand
Reply #9 on: October 19, 2018, 07:33:25 PM
Business man of the year is here with his associates! I can only guess your 'business' is a launderette as you agree with airing others dirty laundry in public!

I haven't posted for a while as it happens but I completely disagree that this needed to be shared.

It has been dealt with by the courts as you  point out. The convicted has his punishment and that should be that.

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #10 on: October 19, 2018, 09:08:18 PM
Master Knowledge

Again this unpleasantness in the tone of your entry.

My associate has nothing at all to do with business. he could be a member of my Karate club, lodge, sailing club, or idiot detection society for all you know.

May I point out that if you are convicted of an offence such as this one then you cannot complain when it becomes common knowledge on here or any sort of other public forum. Also if it wasn't publicly exposed an individual could carry on for example coaching young kids until such time as he or she was required for a new CRB check when it would come to light.

I don't much care for violence on or off the rugby field. I am of an age where I have experienced it up close and very personal too many times. So we disagree you have your reasons and I have mine.

I also state again BRB is a decent gentleman and I'm on his side with this one. Feel free to put forward your belief that we should all keep quiet about criminal behaviour it helps us form our opinions after all.

Master_Knowledge

• Forum old hand
Reply #11 on: October 19, 2018, 09:44:06 PM
Not sure any of it was overly unpleasant. You must be a delicate little flower. I mean unpleasant forum posts upset you so you really didn't need to point out your allergy to violence!

Possibly says more about you than me that you've experienced violence and some of it personal far too often. Must have a habit of winding people up.

You agree with BRB the gentleman I don't. I'm not for a second buying that he posted it in the interest of the public as you suggest he did.

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #12 on: October 19, 2018, 09:56:52 PM
Master Knowledge

My experience of violence is a result of exposure due to my employment by Mrs Queen protecting people such as yourself. Ive learnt the error of my ways however and Im now a shrinking violet. As they say, age begets wisdom.

I for one am quite happy to hear about incidents such as this by the methodology of this forum for incidents reported in remote places such as Whitby which we would otherwise not have heard about.

BrB a prince amongst men.

Sycamore

• Legend
Reply #13 on: October 19, 2018, 10:19:50 PM
MK does have a point what’s the point to airing this dirty laundry?Free speech my back side.

I’ve seen far worse happen within rugby clubs I have been involved in. The fact his son is involved in the case will upset him enough I have no doubt.

Builders mate

• Finding my feet
Reply #14 on: October 20, 2018, 08:58:05 AM
I dont think Alf's past employment history is of any relevance here.

I have known BRB to refer us to previous newspaper articles but never anything positive.