$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Scores and Comment 20/10

Scores and Comment 20/10

This is a discussion for the topic Scores and Comment 20/10 on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Scores and Comment 20/10  (Read 9570 times)

MyPennysWorth

• Finding my feet
Reply #30 on: October 21, 2018, 10:07:40 AM
Congrats to Moortown on a big win yesterday. Have to say I did predict this, but to me it sounds like crocs have been hard done to on this thread after such a great start to the season - it’s been really positive to see a team from York’s 2 come up and put some real good performances / results on display, with certainly no need to hammer them into the floor on the back of 1 loss - after all being gracious in victory is just as important as in defeat gents!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 10:12:21 AM by MyPennysWorth »

sliotar

• Forum old hand
Reply #31 on: October 21, 2018, 10:36:35 AM
Congrats to Moortown on a big win yesterday. Have to say I did predict this, but to me it sounds like crocs have been hard done to on this thread after such a great start to the season - it’s been really positive to see a team from York’s 2 come up and put some real good performances / results on display, with certainly no need to hammer them into the floor on the back of 1 loss - after all being gracious in victory is just as important as in defeat gents!

I agree with this. Crocs are a strong side who'll be top half easily. Strong runners and if they get front foot ball theyll be very hard to beat. They make you work for every score. Their 8 was asked to do a little too much yesterday but his class was there to see for all. It's a big step up from Y2 to Y1 and they've handled it well so far. Pontefract have also stepped up well and should be congratulated for the great start

Rugby Convert

• Finding my feet
Reply #32 on: October 21, 2018, 06:02:12 PM
Down at Moor Lane on Saturday. Dinno will, no doubt, feel like they lost it rather than Ponte winning it. They led for most of the game but the home side kept at it in the second half and eventually got it back to 28-28.
 Then with a few minutes to go Pontes full back thought he had won it only to be penalised for a knock on. Then in the last minute Pontes pressure payed off with a winning try.

Ponte have recruited well, beefing up their scrum which is paying dividends. They also have more structure and dont panic when going behind, where once they may have imploded. Close game with a bonus point as well.

Credit to Dinno for staying and having a few beers. Good set of lads.

carlthewlisjohns

• One of the boys
  • Rugby is always the winner
Reply #33 on: October 21, 2018, 10:37:53 PM
Very good game of Rugby at Far Moss this weekend. In the warm up Crocs looked very focussed and well organised. Town just knew they had to bring their best as not to get blown away. We played probably the best game of rugby I have ever seen us play. The question will be if we can maintain that standard for the rest of the season. Crocs are a very tough side. They tackle hard, move the ball very well and are prepared to attack from all areas of the pitch. Their No.8 was a real handful and even their props can motor! Town were probably dominant in the set piece and this gave us a little better platform to release the backs. Expect a huge test over at their place. Crocs stayed behind for quite some time, had several beers in the Club and had a good laugh before heading home. Apart from one chap who had opinions relevant to the 1970's about my persuasion  :-* a good time was had by all  8)