$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Electronic match cards.

Electronic match cards.

This is a discussion for the topic Electronic match cards. on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Electronic match cards.  (Read 1502 times)

Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
on: October 20, 2018, 10:10:31 AM
Just to say that after initial negative thoughts  the new system is definitely a step forward for computasaurases like me.
Although the workshops imo weren't the best. The system works well and saves me personally 26 first class stamps a year.
Comments please.

Sluggishwing

• Finding my feet
Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 06:05:52 PM
It’s miles better.  The workshop I attended was somewhat ruined by people who were more bothered about computer witchcraft and home teams cheating by putting the wrong score in than anything else.  The system is easier, quicker and cheaper.  I’m well impressed, should have been brought in years ago.

And from a personal point of view it would have stopped us at Northallerton from losing 5 points last season due to playing a player I thought was registered years ago but sadly hadn’t been (reasons beyond my control).

I can’t actually think of a negative at the moment

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 07:30:49 PM
I’m pleased that the comments are in favour of EMC’s. There was always going to be teething problems, but after 6 weeks, clubs have embraced change.