$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Half Way Stage

Half Way Stage

This is a discussion for the topic Half Way Stage on the board Yorkshire 4.

Author Topic: Half Way Stage  (Read 3796 times)

The Nomad

• Finding my feet
on: October 30, 2018, 09:57:50 PM
So now that we’re at the half way point of the first stage of the season, how do people see the top 4 on each side playing out, and who are favourites for promotion?

NW section looks to be Wibsey, Knaresborough and LMD as the top 3, should be a good contest for that 4th spot. SE section has Ossett nailed on and Hessle in a strong position. 3rd and 4th all to play for, but I’d go for Mosborough and York RI based on recent form.

Surely Ossett and Wibsey favourites to go up at the moment.

caravan boys

• One of the boys
Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 10:30:58 PM
Don't think you will be too fare of the mark.
But I do see a few surprises going into the winter months and Players return back to there roots.
To be fair iam told Ossett have never been out of Yorkshire 4 so is it there time?

2 old 2 knackered

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 10:40:58 PM
Rowntrees have found it especially tough going since coming back into the league and having 18 players out injuryed but have enjoyed looking forward to the 2nd half

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• Forum old hand
Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 07:39:10 AM
Wibsey’s next 4 fixtures are Burley & Ossett(cup) at home,then LMD & Knaresborough away.
I think we will know where we are at, after these games.

I think Knaresborough and LMD will be heavily involved at the end of the season.

Broughton

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 06:53:40 PM
I have refereed several teams in Y4 and think that Wibsey have the strongest and will top the group.  The runners up will be Knaresborough , who play very attractive rugby and are the most attractive and disciplined side I have encountered...

Lets hope that all the teams in Y4 enjoy some competitive games throughout the season !

silverback

• Forum old hand
  • Riverside
Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 09:19:07 AM
Agreed with Ossett Strong side although Mos were particularly strong on Sat in the 2nd half running in 26 unanswered points ,  SE is the definite weaker split with Oaks almost struggling to field a team every week and Rods losing 5 for not Travelling to Hessle , so with that in mind when the league splits it will be interesting to see how the SE teams perform .
Maybe the only chance for some silverware will be to arrive in bottom group and play for the cup at the end of the season
Good luck to all involved