$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; RESULTS WEEK 10

RESULTS WEEK 10

This is a discussion for the topic RESULTS WEEK 10 on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: RESULTS WEEK 10  (Read 6091 times)

KingKong

• Finding my feet
on: November 17, 2018, 04:08:25 PM
Goole 29 -12 Northallerton

Don’t usually comment but by god they’re bad losers.

Hegians10

• Finding my feet
Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 04:28:25 PM
Hegians 34-25 north Ribb

selall

• One of the boys
Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 05:09:17 PM
Woooooo

Rugbae

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 05:11:50 PM
Big win for weth against Wheatley Hills

16-10

Wheatley Hills played a good game, close run until the end

Sluggishwing

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 06:18:07 PM
We aren’t bad losers, best side on the day won the game.   You won the 1st half we won the 2nd but we were too far behind at half time to come back.  It happens.  We will learn from it and come back stronger.

old style prop

• A little respect please...
  • anyone seen me tabs.
Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 07:05:01 PM
Watched the Wetherby game this week as 2s game was off - game as close as score line suggest - one of those ones were either side would have felt gutted to walk off the pitch having lost the game. Was impressed by the WH number 9 looked just out of colts but more than capable at this level, and could see him playing higher as he matures. Well played to all 36 lads involved today was good to watch.

plantpotjim

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 09:00:58 PM
Rugby ????

KingKong

• Finding my feet
Reply #7 on: November 17, 2018, 09:40:57 PM
Barnsley      31   -   10.    Yarnbury
Leodiensian   18   -   15   Ripon
Northallerton   12   -   29   Goole
Old Grovians   30   -   20   Wath Upon Dearne
Roundhegians   34   -   25     North Ribblesdale
West Park Leeds 56   -     5        Old Otliensians
Wetherby      16   -   10.   Wheatley Hills

I'd rather be in t'sunshine!

• One of the boys
Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 09:45:46 AM
Goole 29 -12 Northallerton

Don’t usually comment but by god they’re bad losers.

Interesting to hear why you think this?
Nobody enjoys losing, however everyone I spoke to after the game agreed Goole were by far the better team and deserved their win.

Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 12:56:37 PM
No complaints yesterday. Hegians scored some good backs tries in  second half. On reflection we could have tried to play a more expansive game and run their big lumpy forwards around.  Can't understand their league position on yesterday's performance .
Our two's won so not all bad.
Result aside a decent day.

Locked Out

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Life is serious enough...
Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 08:12:41 AM
Leos 18 - 15 Ripon: despite a three try to nil second half resurgence, another "too little, too late" ending for Ripon.

Speccy

• Forum old hand
Reply #11 on: November 19, 2018, 08:54:27 AM
Another good weekend for Leos Rugby despite two losses.

The firsts secured four points at home to Ripon,winning a tight contest 18 - 15 but just as importantly,particularly in view of the ever increasing number of Merit fixtures being conceded,Leos continue to field three senior teams and indeed were only a couple of skiing vacations away from fielding a fourth XV.

The seconds lost a high quality game at Ossett by 15 - 7,whilst the thirds went down 15 - 5 to Leeds Corinthians 2's at Crag Lane.

A special mention as well for the undefeated U - 16's who have now reached the quarter final of the Yorks Cup,after wins over Roundhegians and Bradford Salem.

Next week a coach trip up to Settle for the firsts and seconds to take on North Ribblesdale.

Sycamore

• Legend
Reply #12 on: November 19, 2018, 10:37:00 AM
Another good weekend for Leos Rugby despite two losses.

The firsts secured four points at home to Ripon,winning a tight contest 18 - 15 but just as importantly,particularly in view of the ever increasing number of Merit fixtures being conceded,Leos continue to field three senior teams and indeed were only a couple of skiing vacations away from fielding a fourth XV.

The seconds lost a high quality game at Ossett by 15 - 7,whilst the thirds went down 15 - 5 to Leeds Corinthians 2's at Crag Lane.

A special mention as well for the undefeated U - 16's who have now reached the quarter final of the Yorks Cup,after wins over Roundhegians and Bradford Salem.

Next week a coach trip up to Settle for the firsts and seconds to take on North Ribblesdale.

Is the success of getting all these sides out down to bribing the students? The package offered to the students is impressive!

Locked Out

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Life is serious enough...
Reply #13 on: November 19, 2018, 09:30:39 PM
Hope nobody is suggesting pecuniary advantages from playing, or have Leos acquired a container load of pot noodles?

Thread Killer

• One of the boys
Reply #14 on: November 20, 2018, 09:37:43 AM
Is the success of getting all these sides out down to bribing the students? The package offered to the students is impressive!

Of course. After several years of supporting students we now have a healthy level of graduates who are now senior playing members.  The number of students playing each season hasn’t really differed over the years.  We currently have a good atmosphere and culture at the club that students and non students enjoy.