$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; RESULTS WEEK 11

RESULTS WEEK 11

This is a discussion for the topic RESULTS WEEK 11 on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: RESULTS WEEK 11  (Read 3428 times)

Locked Out

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Life is serious enough...
on: November 24, 2018, 04:29:28 PM
Ripon 20 - 15 Barnsley: At last a win after an solid first half. Barno discipline let them down as did Ripon's in last quarter, but took it to a close finish.

insider

• A little respect please...
Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 04:46:39 PM
Scores

[attachment deleted by admin]
Look good, feel good, play good

just passing by

• One of the boys
Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 10:09:51 PM
Watched Goole today and could not believe how poor Grovians were. In the end Goole scored at will. Both sides seemed to throw the pill around but the real difference was that Goole managed to catch it whereas Grovians could not put two passes together.
However the real difference may just have been that they could not tackle either. I was standing nearby when their captain said we’ll go to uncontested scrums, how that was going to help I’m not sure, but they did and it didn’t.
It seemed as if they had been playing too much touch at training but this time the opposition did not know they had to stop and pass.

Goole must have realised that Grovians had a soft centre because they played most of the match with three centres, their 8 stood out there for most of the match and only got involved in second phase if he was the one tackled, he obviously does not believe in getting to the breakdown to win ball. Having said that all three centres made breaks through the middle with great effect.
Age is a high price to pay for maturity

Lads Dad

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 10:25:33 AM
A little harsh on the Goole number 8 who had a great game and unlike Grovians recognised that when a team goes uncontested they have to take a man off. The obvious place to use that extra man is in the backs.
The half time score of 26-0 compared to the final score of 83-0 further emphasised that decision.
Anyone who watches Goole on a regular basis would know the 8 is one of the best at turning the ball over in the league.

just passing by

• One of the boys
Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 08:19:33 PM
Dads lad I’ve watched the video of Saturdays game against Wetherby and he’s still at centre. He even runs past rucks n mauls to get there unlike the other two back row players who work hard to secure the ball. Even on Goole line outs when they are keeping the ball to maul forward and commit the opposition he just drifts out to centre.

Maybe it’s my eyesight however that’s deceiving me or as they say, “ you can always see what you want to if you try hard enough”.
Age is a high price to pay for maturity

Completely Neutral

• One of the boys
Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 08:36:29 PM
JPB if I were the Goole 8 i’d keep doing it, it’s obviosuly working.
League table don’t lie.
Why commit all your players when you don’t have to.