$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Calderdale Derby

Author Topic: Calderdale Derby  (Read 2980 times)

Offline The CCC

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Calderdale Derby
« on: November 29, 2018, 08:04:29 AM »
With this weekends battle of the two Calderdale teams who will take the glory? Heaths pack or can the Old Crocs number 8, the talisman/saviour dismantle them?
Another big game for a Calderdale side will be the brods boys taking on a fighting Ponte. From a hard fought game against CTJs Millionpound Men, we will bounce back and be hungry for a big W! I’ve heard it will be another battle of the 8s again!

Thoughts on this weeks big games?

Online sliotar

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
Re: Calderdale Derby
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 01:29:13 PM »
Can see Heath winning a low scoring affair especially with the weather turning. Brods v Ponte would likely be the better spectacle.

Offline Mink

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 03:30:23 PM »
an interesting game for me (which many might not think is) is Dinnington Vs Salem.
rumour has it that Salem have an open cheque book for a new no. 10... will be interesting to see who they bring in. one possible suitor want be available this weekend so do they look for someone else or wait?

Offline avinastella

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 03:43:23 PM »
an interesting game for me (which many might not think is) is Dinnington Vs Salem.
rumour has it that Salem have an open cheque book for a new no. 10... will be interesting to see who they bring in. one possible suitor want be available this weekend so do they look for someone else or wait?
You just can't help yourself can you.

I don't think you've ever been right on any rumour you try and spread....or deny come to that.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Offline Memory_Man

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 04:42:48 PM »
You just can't help yourself can you.

I don't think you've ever been right on any rumour you try and spread....or deny come to that.

Always quick to dampen the flames aren’t we Andrew! Mr Chairman has cut back on the luxury silk ties to free up some cash. Watch this space...

Offline avinastella

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 04:53:00 PM »

Always quick to dampen the flames aren’t we Andrew! Mr Chairman has cut back on the luxury silk ties to free up some cash. Watch this space...

Name me a club that wouldn't accept new players.

The difference here is minky man really can't help himself with his claims based on rumours. For some reason, best known only to him, Player/coach movement always involves a chequebook.

So, perhaps he can tell us how much his inducement was to leave brods and join you chaps??

Offline Ribbflagman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 05:02:58 PM »
You don't need an academic degree to work that out surely.!!!
He has never denied being on the payroll at Brods. As such he must have had a large inducement to go to Mossland.
Why else would you expose yourself to their vitriol??

Offline Mink

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 05:11:20 PM »
i am only reporting the rumours I am hearing... I thought that was the point a forum, to discuss!!!!

a lot a of rumours don't become truth hence why they are rumours.

but i do believe this one has happened, whether the player decides to join salem only time will tell.

in terms of me leaving brods and joining moortown, i can 100% confirm that money had nothing to do with it. I had 4 great seasons at Brods made some great friends and developed massively as a coach. But when Matt Smith was leaving as head coach and Ollie was coming in to replace him we decided that Ollie would want to do things his way and I would move on and look for a new coaching challenge. when that was decided i spoke to a few friends at different clubs, one of them being carl. we go way back... actually back to school days and playing colts rugby together at morley together, that is the connection and the reason i joined moortown.... nothing to do with money!

Offline The CCC

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2018, 05:25:46 PM »
Andrew, been a part of the Old Brodleians club/set up, I would like to add that we left on good terms with Mr Monk! Nothing to do with the money not like your so called ‘amateur’ club with names like ‘Tagaloalagi‘ At brods we thought he had done his best with the bunch of players he had! We needed to bring Ollie in progressing our lads to the next stage!
However, CTJs Millionpound Men must have been the new chapter for him especially with the salary cap been non-existent! By looking at the performance from Saturday it was very even but a few misdoings lead to Towns tries.

Offline avinastella

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2018, 05:27:51 PM »
i am only reporting the rumours I am hearing... I thought that was the point a forum, to discuss!!!!

a lot a of rumours don't become truth hence why they are rumours.

but i do believe this one has happened, whether the player decides to join salem only time will tell.

in terms of me leaving brods and joining moortown, i can 100% confirm that money had nothing to do with it. I had 4 great seasons at Brods made some great friends and developed massively as a coach. But when Matt Smith was leaving as head coach and Ollie was coming in to replace him we decided that Ollie would want to do things his way and I would move on and look for a new coaching challenge. when that was decided i spoke to a few friends at different clubs, one of them being carl. we go way back... actually back to school days and playing colts rugby together at morley together, that is the connection and the reason i joined moortown.... nothing to do with money!

Quick to deny any suggestion of payment hey?

Perhaps you'll now see how easy it is for your cheque book comments to stick.

Has it happens, i knew exactly why you left Brods.

Offline avinastella

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2018, 05:34:42 PM »
Andrew, been a part of the Old Brodleians club/set up, I would like to add that we left on good terms with Mr Monk! Nothing to do with the money not like your so called ‘amateur’ club with names like ‘Tagaloalagi‘ At brods we thought he had done his best with the bunch of players he had! We needed to bring Ollie in progressing our lads to the next stage!
However, CTJs Millionpound Men must have been the new chapter for him especially with the salary cap been non-existent! By looking at the performance from Saturday it was very even but a few misdoings lead to Towns tries.

Has i said, i knew already why Danny left.
Just find it puzzling how he thinks any other player/coach require a cheque book to facilitate movement. That said, he did withold the reason why a certain player he recently linked us with (incorrectly) suddenly left his club.

Offline Mink

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2018, 06:40:03 PM »
Remind me who?

Offline Memory_Man

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2018, 08:14:10 PM »

The difference here is minky man really can't help himself with his claims based on rumours. For some reason, best known only to him, Player/coach movement always involves a chequebook.

So, perhaps he can tell us how much his inducement was to leave brods and join you chaps??

But why on earth would anyone want to travel to Bradford 2/3 times a week if it isn’t for the money!

Offline Driffield Bulldog

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2018, 10:26:29 PM »

But why on earth would anyone want to travel to Bradford 2/3 times a week if it isn’t for the money!

For the lovely folk of Salem surly?

Offline Mink

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2018, 11:15:40 PM »
Stella are you saying as a club you didn’t speak to Danny booth