$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Calderdale Derby

Calderdale Derby

This is a discussion for the topic Calderdale Derby on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Calderdale Derby  (Read 8937 times)

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #15 on: November 30, 2018, 12:09:36 AM
Stella are you saying as a club you didn’t speak to Danny booth
Same answer as last time you asked.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

cynic

• One of the boys
Reply #16 on: November 30, 2018, 01:09:33 AM
And back to the Calderdale derby... looking at results two average sides that know how to win. The weather would seem to favour Heath, but Crocs have home advantage. A 50/50 on paper.

Potential promotion decider?

Mink

• Forum old hand
Reply #17 on: November 30, 2018, 11:51:08 AM
having played all the calderdale teams, i think it will be a very close game
for me heath have the better set piece and rugby (union) game
but wow crocs and physical and never take a backwards step (plus their set piece isn't bad)

for a selfish point of view I would like crocs to win - or even better a draw.

Dan Gleibitz

• One of the boys
Reply #18 on: November 30, 2018, 10:45:32 PM
Expecting Heath to win tomorrow. Crocs are a bunch of mercenaries. Heath have had a fairly consistent team for the last couple of years. Heath and Moortown to fight it out come the end of the year.

thecanman

• Finding my feet
Reply #19 on: December 01, 2018, 09:42:08 AM
Expecting Heath to win tomorrow. Crocs are a bunch of mercenaries. Heath have had a fairly consistent team for the last couple of years. Heath and Moortown to fight it out come the end of the year.

Just looking down the Crocs squad for today Dan, and having been at the club myself for seven years- see that 13/18 players in todays squad have been at the club for 3 years minimum or come through our second team and under 16 yorkshire league winning side of two years ago. There are 5 players in the squad today who have joined this season...There seems to be a constant underlying tone of bitterness surrounding Crocs rise from the ashes on this forum by certain members....

ye olde 9

• A little respect please...
Reply #20 on: December 01, 2018, 01:07:24 PM
Crocs by 10

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #21 on: December 01, 2018, 05:19:33 PM

cynic

• One of the boys
Reply #22 on: December 02, 2018, 12:03:33 AM
Sounds like very poor forwards v very poor backs.

Moortown to walk the league

thesynic

• Finding my feet
Reply #23 on: December 02, 2018, 12:32:35 AM
From one cynic to another, I look forward to seeing one defensive line, hammer another. And if you think Heaths backs were leaking, well you were either pis5ed or watching another game.

west vale lad

• Forum old hand
Reply #24 on: December 02, 2018, 10:32:43 AM
The Synic. Well said. Absolutely agree.

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #25 on: December 03, 2018, 10:53:23 PM
Yet another Calderdale Derby this Saturday. Old Rishworthians v Old Brodleians. Both clubs one their away games last season. Look out.

cynic

• One of the boys
Reply #26 on: December 04, 2018, 08:31:23 AM
From one cynic to another, I look forward to seeing one defensive line, hammer another. And if you think Heaths backs were leaking, well you were either pis5ed or watching another game.

Your point makes no sense Synic.

My point was that from the reports on here Heath forwards completely dominated possession and territory, but they didn’t score a try in 80 minutes of rugby = ineffective backs that either lack skill, good decision making or both.

Crocs couldn’t win any of their own ball and the rugby league mercenaries as reports suggested on here were badly beaten up front = poor forwards.

I didn’t talk about defence or Heath “leaking” as you put it but now you mention it, sounds like the only time Heath had to do it they conceded, but I bow down to your first hand insight and primary evidence.