$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Doomsayers, big name signings and a glut of returns..

Doomsayers, big name signings and a glut of returns..

This is a discussion for the topic Doomsayers, big name signings and a glut of returns.. on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Doomsayers, big name signings and a glut of returns..  (Read 8790 times)

ketpotkid

• One of the boys
Reply #15 on: December 01, 2018, 04:37:06 PM
Here here DAA

There are certain members of this forum that take a pop at York, for what ever reason. York still boasts a good percentage of home grown talent. As do most.

stubbs

• One of the boys
Reply #16 on: December 02, 2018, 10:44:11 AM
The new hooker played very well and would be a good addition to the first team squad. The team as a whole played a lot better than in recent weeks and in fairly poor conditions made fewer errors than Brid and were 25/10 up until the last minute. On DAA point I wouldn't use his language but unless you have played there the front row at first team level isn't for the inexperienced or for other forwards who think they can play there

Dark Arts Advocate

• A little respect please...
Reply #17 on: December 04, 2018, 05:31:23 PM
Just trying to understand the self-righteous indignation coming from a few quarters in that direction regarding overseas player recruiting to fill gaps, with bringing in "on loan" players to fill gaps.
RH just to humour you!
York had a specific positional crisis at hooker due to a series of very serious injuries to their hookers, who are capable, able and willing to play at first team level.
So what did they do? They signed a player on loan, who was playing predominantly 2nd team rugby at Harrogate 21 miles from York, who coincidently lives in York!

They did not go out and recruit a number of oversees mercenaries, in the closed season, fly them half way round the world, give them free accommodation, employment and 2 year contracts! And then have the audacity to spout on this website that they are a totally amateur side!

I think you would agree, hardly worth comparison!

Good luck to Scarborough and all concerned with their semi professional venture!

I do feel for the up and coming colts etc but sure they will be welcomed at Brid, Malt, Driff etc

But have the class and the integrity, to be straight with the forum members and stop slagging of genuinely amateur clubs who meet the RFU criteria!!
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 06:46:30 PM
York will make a fine feeder club to Scarborough and we will be happy to invest in your up and coming players..in fact.....oops better not say .
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

porkies

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #19 on: December 04, 2018, 08:57:57 PM
DAA , would you like me to moderate him ....?

Oldandslow

Reply #20 on: December 05, 2018, 06:30:25 AM
York will make a fine feeder club to Scarborough and we will be happy to invest in your up and coming players..in fact.....oops better not say .

BRB

York, Malton, Brid and Driffield could be feeder clubs when you reach the dizzy heights of the national leagues.

Off to stir the Christmas pudding.????

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #21 on: December 05, 2018, 06:41:33 AM
I wonder if it will happen in my lifetime???  :o

NorthEast1_fan

• Finding my feet
Reply #22 on: December 05, 2018, 09:44:08 AM
Reading through the various feeds, I can't help but think that Scabs are close to experiencing a slump in their season. I wouldn't say they are the best side I have watched this year...far from it. B&B played particularly well when I saw them before their apparent influx of overseas players. Pocklington too a good side but YM head and shoulders above anything I've seen this year.

If what I hear is true and they have lost their league players now, it opens the league back up as I could have seen them running away with it!

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #23 on: December 05, 2018, 12:30:06 PM
You are quite right that all teams in this league are likely to have a bad patch and Scarborough's is probably going to come during the wet months.

The Show Pony

• Forum old hand
Reply #24 on: December 06, 2018, 09:18:33 AM
I think someone at York, maybe the physio, needs to let the returning recognised hooker in the second team know that rugby is contact sport at all levels.

Do hookers throw the ball in less or grip props shirts in the bind looser in lower teams?!

CAN YOU NOT READ????

THE HOOKER DIDN'T WANT TO PLAY FIRST TEAM. YOU CAN'T FORCE PEOPLE

NorthEast1_fan

• Finding my feet
Reply #25 on: December 06, 2018, 10:29:31 AM
York will ok with the injury crisis! Every team in the league has one and one really bad one every so often! They will win most if not all games at home...think only Morpeth have come away without a loss this season. The big test will be the away games and getting the 'fringe' players jee'd up for some scraps in the winter mud!

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #26 on: December 06, 2018, 11:11:48 AM
DAA , would you like me to moderate him ....?
Only if it is painful!!
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

Yorkie

• Finding my feet
  • East Yorkshireman through and through.
Reply #27 on: December 07, 2018, 12:25:47 PM
Porkies,
There are plenty of hookers on Hessle Road in Hull, most of them are over 45 too!!
Or so I have read in the Hull Daily Mail.