$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; 1/12 Updates

1/12 Updates

This is a discussion for the topic 1/12 Updates on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: 1/12 Updates  (Read 7012 times)

avinastella

• A little respect please...
on: December 01, 2018, 10:42:27 AM
Looks like the BBC weatherman got it wrong - again.

Bar of soap for the backs today.

Could affect a few games today.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Lock2509

• One of the boys
Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 02:57:00 PM
Boro 10 - 7 Beverley
Brilliant try from Rhys Kilbride!

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 03:06:31 PM
Selby 3 Orrufc 17.

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 03:49:13 PM
Orrufc beat Selby.

olfaithful

• One of the boys
Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 04:14:44 PM
I hear - Moortown 78-5

thecanman

• Finding my feet
Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 04:21:49 PM
Old Crossleyans 14 - 18 Heath

Heaths scrum won the game. The conditions couldnt have suited Heaths style of play more. Heath did not cross the Crocs line. All of their points coming from the boot. Crocs scrum was no match and resulting penalties turned into points. Crocs scored a great 90 metre interception to take the lead with 15 minutes to go. You cannot take anything away from Heaths style , they play it effectively. Crocs defended resolutely for 80 minutes and the only differentiator was the scrum and maybe some lineouts (heaths wasnt great either). I do think on a dryer day Crocs would score some tries against a slightly leaky Heath defence- they arent great out wide. Well done to Heath for playing to their strengths. This certainly wasnt a poor Crocs performance like the defeat at Moortown and having now seen all of the "big teams" in the league, i truly believe its a very close 3 horse race for the promotion spots. Of course there is a long way to go, Crocs Heath and Moortown to battle all the way for the top two spots.

leg

• Legend
Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 04:48:05 PM
12 tries for Town through 9 players, which says a lot about the quality throughout the side - very impressive performance at Far Moss. The points difference on the table is already massively in Moortown’s favour and it’s going to take a very good side to stop them this season.

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 04:52:14 PM

Heaths scrum won the game. The conditions couldnt have suited Heaths style of play more. Heath did not cross the Crocs line. All of their points coming from the boot. Crocs scrum was no match and resulting penalties turned into points. Crocs scored a great 90 metre interception to take the lead with 15 minutes to go. You cannot take anything away from Heaths style , they play it effectively. Crocs defended resolutely for 80 minutes and the only differentiator was the scrum and maybe some lineouts (heaths wasnt great either). I do think on a dryer day Crocs would score some tries against a slightly leaky Heath defence- they arent great out wide. Well done to Heath for playing to their strengths. This certainly wasnt a poor Crocs performance like the defeat at Moortown and having now seen all of the "big teams" in the league, i truly believe its a very close 3 horse race for the promotion spots. Of course there is a long way to go, Crocs Heath and Moortown to battle all the way for the top two spots.

Lemons.

What do Town have to do to get any credit in this league ????

west vale lad

• Forum old hand
Reply #8 on: December 01, 2018, 05:56:14 PM
The greatcanman. I agree that our forwards totally dominated throughout but I believe your comment re the GREAT interception try from 90 metres out and also the fact that the Heath backs look weak on the outside are incorrect. Fair enough he picked the ball up and ran the length of the pitch but it was from our attempt to score a try from 5 metres out from your line. Secondly, I cannot recall an occasion when the ball was passed along the backline by either side in the game. Crocs full back, who had an excellent game, made a very good break in the 2nd half but, apart from that, the backs were really only invovled in the defensive side of the game. For the amount of possession that Heath had then you would have thought they would have scored more points but the Crocs defence was absolutely first class throughout. Heath forwards were dominant and they deserved the win.

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• Forum old hand
Reply #9 on: December 01, 2018, 06:20:45 PM
The greatcanman. I agree that our forwards totally dominated throughout but I believe your comment re the GREAT interception try from 90 metres out and also the fact that the Heath backs look weak on the outside are incorrect. Fair enough he picked the ball up and ran the length of the pitch but it was from our attempt to score a try from 5 metres out from your line. Secondly, I cannot recall an occasion when the ball was passed along the backline by either side in the game. Crocs full back, who had an excellent game, made a very good break in the 2nd half but, apart from that, the backs were really only invovled in the defensive side of the game. For the amount of possession that Heath had then you would have thought they would have scored more points but the Crocs defence was absolutely first class throughout. Heath forwards were dominant and they deserved the win.
Who would have won in September on a dry pitch? I found this report to be gracious in defeat... was it so one sided??

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• Forum old hand
Reply #10 on: December 01, 2018, 06:23:31 PM
Having a shandy comments on everything apart from Rugby... what happened today? Did Paul March take the envelope and play? Can we have a match report please?

thecanman

• Finding my feet
Reply #11 on: December 01, 2018, 06:44:30 PM

Im not sure exactly how much greater an interception try can be? Defending our own line under pressure as you say and running 90 metres to take the lead.

As much as Heath forwards were dominant in the scrum, they failed to score a try so lets be sensible with the description. Heath deserved to win. Purely based on scrummaging and decision making following scrums. On a dry day who knows im not going to start that off.

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #12 on: December 01, 2018, 07:13:59 PM
Points win prizes! Well done Heath ???????? All Crocs need to do next time is get more points than the other side.

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #13 on: December 01, 2018, 08:31:34 PM

Lemons.

What do Town have to do to get any credit in this league ????

Do you really not know?
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #14 on: December 01, 2018, 08:33:11 PM

Im not sure exactly how much greater an interception try can be? Defending our own line under pressure as you say and running 90 metres to take the lead.

As much as Heath forwards were dominant in the scrum, they failed to score a try so lets be sensible with the description. Heath deserved to win. Purely based on scrummaging and decision making following scrums. On a dry day who knows im not going to start that off.

Seems pretty fair and honest to me....
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.