$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; 1/12 Updates

Author Topic: 1/12 Updates  (Read 2699 times)

Offline Master_Knowledge

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Re: 1/12 Updates
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2018, 11:15:57 PM »
You were there then?

Offline sliotar

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2018, 08:35:01 AM »
Ponte winning away at brods is a sneaky good result that no one seems to have mentioned. Any comments on how it went from ppl who were there?

Offline MyPennysWorth

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2018, 12:34:53 PM »
interesting reads from the the local derby yesterday. With Heath having the upper hand in the tight, it will be interesting to see how the crossleyans go on their travels to Salem next week. Having watched Salem at home this year they play a very similar style on what can be considered a small field. Despite yesterday’s poor result I see Salem fancying this one to get back on the horse!

Offline The Fisher King

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2018, 04:30:26 PM »
Ponte win does look good, brods has always been a tough place to go. Shout outs as well to Old Rishworthians and Keighley picking up good wins. Makes things a little more competitive at the bottom.

Offline Grimsby71

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2018, 10:36:05 PM »
Ponte winning away at Brods is a sneaky good result that no one seems to have mentioned. Any comments on how it went from ppl who were there?

Brods proved once again that they are more than capable of fashioning a defeat from what looked a certain victory.  Ill discipline and some woeful decision making in the second half let Pontefract back into the game, and throw in their ability to irk a referee already known for his dislike of us, it was only going to end one way once Ponte got a sniff.  Brods played some good stuff and certainly had the better of the set pieces but Pontefract played the more intelligent rugby in the right parts of the field and seized on Brods errors and indiscipline to win it with the last play of the game.  The Pontefract 7 and 8 were particularly good and showed the leadership and composure the young Brods team lacked.     

I've seen Brods loose plenty of times and dont usually mind but this is one that had me in a bit of a mood for the rest of Saturday because it was wasteful and probably condemns them to the chasing pack for the rest of the season unless they work out how to beat teams above them.  it will be interesting to see how the management team and players react to this one as it was a result that clearly had them all frustrated...

Next up Old Rishworthians.  Last time we played them Rish scored the winner in the 53rd minute of the second half...