$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; 8/12 Scores on the doors

Author Topic: 8/12 Scores on the doors  (Read 3588 times)

Offline MORLEYBOI

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Re: 8/12 Scores on the doors
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2018, 06:58:52 PM »
Selby 3 reds and 3 yellows??still got within 7 points,takes some doing that.

Offline warrior1

• Finding my feet
  • rugby is not just for christmas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2018, 07:04:49 PM »
Beverley vs Selby 20-14 3 reds 3 yellows Selby seemed to forget that they was in a rugby match and think that they was all ufc fighters! There’s nothing that any referee could of done to control them today what an absolute bunch of thugs!

I came and watched that game.. you think that your boys were that innocent? I'm neutral and could see that both teams were as bad. You was lucky the 2 selbys lads got sent off because you then got back in the driving seat..  poor reffing not for one team but both was a shambles on the reffing side but ultimately Beverly wanted it more

Offline BanditRugby247

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2018, 07:38:20 PM »
Yes is the answer to your question the 8 started the fight after he tried to clear out a ruck and and didn’t get anywhere and he didn’t like it so he decided to punch the Beverley 7 and obviously got a reaction! He should of been red carded after the first incident! Then the second incident one of the Selby players hammer  punched our skipper at the bottom of a ruck directly  in front of the referee!
Both incidences were caused by Selby throwing punches.

Offline Memory_Man

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2018, 07:49:55 PM »
Yes is the answer to your question the 8 started the fight after he tried to clear out a ruck and and didn’t get anywhere and he didn’t like it so he decided to punch the Beverley 7 and obviously got a reaction! He should of been red carded after the first incident! Then the second incident one of the Selby players hammer  punched our skipper at the bottom of a ruck directly  in front of the referee!

Sounds about right for Selby! On our visit earlier in the season the Selby coffee lady duly informed me Selby had selected a fighting team today!

Last game of last season wasn’t any different. Bloody animals.

Offline Memory_Man

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2018, 07:53:15 PM »
Ponte 24-25 Town 😬😬😬

Cracking game to be fair. 2 teams out to play rugby in a good spirit. Gutted to lose out but that's the way it goes sometimes.

1st half 12-12
2nd half 12-13

As close as they get, I believe you’re the Ponte no. 8 and if so well player sir. Think you bounced one of our lads back down the M62 at one point!

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2018, 09:27:23 PM »

Sounds about right for Selby! On our visit earlier in the season the Selby coffee lady duly informed me Selby had selected a fighting team today!

I've heard Selby several things over the years but hard/animals/dirty are not any of them!!
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level. Lucky to be involved in England's number one ranked level 7 league...Yorkshire One.

Offline Ribb Exile in Lancs

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2018, 01:00:10 AM »
Can't comment on what went on today but obviously there were some unsavoury incidents, however in my book, over the years, Selby have been a friendly and welcoming club.

Offline gsb

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2018, 02:04:17 AM »

Can’t say am shocked after playing them this season.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2018, 08:17:59 AM »
It doesn't seem to be doing them much good....
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level. Lucky to be involved in England's number one ranked level 7 league...Yorkshire One.

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2018, 08:59:00 AM »
A bit wet and windy again. How much will it affect todays games?
Heath excepted of course, their rain dance seems to have worked for them.  ::)
Whilst we still have a Y1 team in Bradford... it would be nice to get a match report now and again.

Offline kronos47

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2018, 09:03:50 AM »

I've heard Selby several things over the years but hard/animals/dirty are not any of them!!

This must be a recent cultural thing and coming from the leadership groups, senior players and team management within Selby.
Either that or an anomaly as perennially Shelby have been a friendly and welcoming club.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Stars.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Offline Master_Knowledge

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2018, 09:35:12 AM »
Comes from the coach.

I have it on good authority that last week at the end of the game their coach was abusive and very intimidating to the young female ref that has been receiving praise on here.

Offline warrior1

• Finding my feet
  • rugby is not just for christmas
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2018, 11:07:17 AM »

That's a different view on what I have.. was we watching the same game? Both sides were involved in argy bargy and Beverley gave just as much as they got if anything more reds should have been dished with Beverley players running in from afar throwing punches and escalating things. Both teams were to blame not just one been to selby many a time and they've always been a decent bunch so have Beverley was just a poor show by everyone involved. The selby 8 wasn't an angel but nor was anyone else to be fair was a poor showing by all.. also Beverly supporters calling selby players w*nkers and b*stards from the balcony wasnt a good display of sportsmanship I was quite shocked to hear and see an older gent having a full on slagging match with a couple selby supporters that had travelled to watch a game of rugby and received all sorts of names and abuse for supporting the away side. Was a poor show all round to be fair I was expecting a good game of rugby and felt asif i was back on the school playground hearing and witnessing everything.

Offline intense1

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2018, 06:20:41 PM »
Couldnt play yesterday due to injury, from what I've been told Ppnte are a good outfit and provided a serous gut check for us, pushing us in every department. They'll be good this year and expect them to kick on in the second half of the season.

Top at the halfway stage, 13 games have flown by! Now a chance to right some of the wrongs from early in the year starting with Beverly this coming week. I'm sure there will be many more twists and turns to come!

Online Rugby Convert

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2018, 09:17:02 PM »
Although disappointed with result at Moor lane on Saturday, can't fault the attitude of the home side. I think it would be fair to say either side deserved the win, with Moortown just shading it. With half the season gone, relegation favourites Crocs & Ponte sit in the top 5.  Just shows what a bit of recruitment can do. Even with the heavier pitches on the horizon I cant see Ponte struggling this season. Their pack appears capable of competing with most teams this term.
The new coaching set up is paying dividends which is evidenced in the style of rugby played.  Well done boys.  Keep it up