$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results 08.12.18

Author Topic: Results 08.12.18  (Read 1812 times)

Offline gateprop

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
Results 08.12.18
« on: December 08, 2018, 04:13:46 PM »
Pythons 29-20 Leeds Corinthians

Offline gateprop

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
Re: Results 08.12.18
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 06:13:50 PM »
Aireborough 0 - 40 Wensleydale
Baildon 24 - 5 Leeds Mods
Castleford 15 - 26 Thornensians
Pythons 29 - 20 Corinthians
Hemsworth 26 - 13 Vandals
Rotherham 23 - 10 Knottingley
Sheffield Medics P - P Skipton

Offline sgoulding01

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 06:21:41 PM »
A great tussle at Cas. Two very strong teams. I'm a Thornensians and so pleased with the way we came back at Cas and never gave up. Good banter on the touchline between the two set of supporters, typical Cas v Thorne stuff! Thank for your hospitality. It should be another good game to watch for our home fixture. Well done to both teams for an entertaining game.

Offline gateprop

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 07:02:46 PM »
Corinthians came with a very simple game plan today and executed it very well in the first half to take a deserved 17-0 lead. We turned up in the 2nd half though and once we got our game plan going our pack rolled them over. Need to play for 80 minutes though especially with a top of the table clash away at Wensleydale next week.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 09:13:11 PM by gateprop »

Offline thorne 123

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 08:43:20 PM »
Good game today against ¬£aselford  a good tussle until the 🔴card incident ( was definitely) we made our extra man count , maybe the experience in the front row counted 😂 looking forward to the return fixture

Offline Pomfresian

• Forum old hand
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 08:06:24 AM »
Good game I agree against the Thorne boys. 12-0 up and then the red card. A bit too far away to call it but from where we were stood including the Thorne supporters; we thought the Thorne 4 had knocked on, kicked through and got held back by our main strike player. A few of our players shouted for the knock on and stopped.....shouldn't have blah blah, Yellow card all day long for me and the rest of us in the stand unless Thorne 123 can tell me different?

Definitely changed the game and two further yellow cards for technical offences at key stages didn't help Castleford neither. No qualms about the result by the way Thorne managed the game far more than Castleford and knew how to win a game of rugby thrice in the conditions, the referee and the clock. A good few times and for both sides I thought the game was over officiated. It is Yorkshire 3 and by the finest of margins being caught
offside from the kick offs (Props both times) sort of summed up his afternoon.

Castleford need to take the lessons from this game and discipline is one of them, game management is another and taking the points when they are on offer must be another consideration. That or pay even more money to players from another division higher up ::)

Offline Young Turk

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 09:04:30 AM »
Good game today against ¬£aselford  a good tussle until the 🔴card incident ( was definitely)

What was the red given for?

Offline steveowl

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 09:06:43 AM »
I saw the incident from close up from the dug out side of the pitch. I didn't see any knock on. the ball was kicked through by our second row and without the ball was having his shirt  pulled back, then after that the slide leg tackle came in, as you see in football, and our second row was brought down. i believe that the laws of the game state that this is dangerous play and the referee had no choice but to give the mandatory red card. It was a match changing incident.

Offline Leeds C

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 08:04:44 PM »
Good game at Harrogate - Christmas come early when rain started at half time for them. 9 class player and good strong runners in pack. Looking forward to a dry track. Yellow card, penalty try and plenty of penalties against us But great referee.

Offline Beachy

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 12:43:49 PM »
Bit of a sloppy game at Rotherham for us in the conditions but a tough encounter. We travelled through with one sub as is our usual away routine and lost our fullback early on but the lads kept at it and we went in 5-3 up at halftime. Rotherham have got a fairly young squad and eventually ground us down with a good kicking game and found a way through in the second half and got the win. Fair play to them and we look forward to the return fixture. Unfortunately managed to get broken thumb aswell which makes 3 of our lads now with broken thumbs and in pot! Early Christmas break for me and straight on the booze!