$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Scores 8/12

Author Topic: Scores 8/12  (Read 1426 times)

Offline Ribb Exile in Lancs

• Legend
    • View Profile
Scores 8/12
« on: December 08, 2018, 06:48:38 PM »
Ribb v Northallerton FT 22-8 Ribb.

Offline Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
Re: Scores 8/12
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 09:18:07 PM »
Good day at Ribb today.  Against a big North side.
We immediately had the edge in the tight and once we brought on our secret 55 year old weapon. Thwaity ,that supremacy was increased.
North scored first after 15 mins but Ribb worked hard on keeping possession but coughed up the ball three or four times when challenging in the visitors 22.
We then scored and kicked a penalty to lead 8  5 at the break
Playing to the balcony we scored two well deserved tries and a penalty to a penalty from North to give us a well deserved and overdue win. Although North have a big pack it was out muscled by our midgets. Good day all round with the local sponsors bringing 70 guests most of who were still enjoyong themselves when i left about 7 ish.
What we call a " Proper Ribb day". Slightley disappointed that North came in cars as it was their last away game before xmas.
Look forward to the return in April. We will deffo be on a bus.

Offline I'd rather be in t'sunshine!

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 10:06:59 PM »
Well done Ribbs on a well earned and deserved victory.
We did plan a bus trip to the outback, but due to people having to get back for Xmas do’s we had to cancel. Gutted.
Look forward to the return and a few pints with you at Brompton Lodge. 🍻

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 08:21:23 AM »
I notice that there was a walkover in Y2.. ? Is that unheard of at this stage of the season at a level as high as Y2?

I know there are often a few at the end of the season when a few games don't get played but this seems unprecedented.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level. Lucky to be involved in England's number one ranked level 7 league...Yorkshire One.

Offline Ribb Exile in Lancs

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 12:18:00 PM »
Yes I found that surprising, so much so that I mentioned in my predictions league summary.
Good to see Scarbs going well in NE1.

Offline Dan Nulty

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 06:15:46 PM »
BRB, we have 12 props on our books which for a club that runs one team is quite an achievement.  Our two main props who started nearly every game last season and gave us the reputation of a strong scrummaging side have been unavailable since injuring themselves in third game of the season:

1. Torn muscle bottom of foot
2. Shoulder injury
3. Knee injury
4. Torn ligaments in thumb
5. Torn ligaments in thumb
6. Back injury and won't play again as was needing time off work
7. Territorial army this weekend
8. Santa at school Christmas fayre
9. Working
10. Coaching Bradford Grammar 1st xv
11. Playing for usual club Ilkley 2s but plays for us when no game
12. Only plays at home

We also have two older gentlemen in their 50s still registered who have helped us out over the years and neither of them were available due to family commitments.

We should have conceded away at Goole a few weeks ago but two lads kindly gave it a go which in hindsight was a mistake given the scoreline, we apparently didn't win one scrum all game.

We are in the process of signing two more who should be available this weekend albeit prop numbers 2,7,8,9 on my above list should all be available this weekend.

We have a professional physio, it is the only outgoing we have as a club and we don't scrimp on that. We didn't concede one fixture last season, we conceded one the season before for the same reason albeit we had far less props then than we do now. We've been extremely unlucky.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 06:19:38 PM by Dan Nulty »

Offline Ribbflagman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 06:45:04 PM »
Dan
      FWIW i sympathise with you and hope that you get some of the lads available soon. We enjoyed our trip to yours early season and really struggled in the tight. Hope you dont have them all available in April or we might have to keep Thwaity playing to negate your strength!!!!

Offline Dan Nulty

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 07:39:58 PM »
Looking forward to a good bus trip that weekend Flaggy.  Cheers.

Offline Speccy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 08:24:55 AM »
Another good weekend for Leos Rugby,with a further prial of victories.

Despite the shock of being charged £5 to watch Leos,they came away with a comprehensive 36 -0 victory down at Wheatley Hills,scoring five tries to nil.The most comprehensive performance from Leos for many years.

With both Selby and Pontefract crying off Merit League fixtures,Leos were grateful to Hemsworth and Old Mods for stepping in at the last minute.A very strong 2 XV overcame a determind Hemsworth at Crag Lane,whilst the thirds edged Mods 2's 29 - 27 at Cookridge.

Even the cricket section,Old Leos CC,have joined the momentum,signing three players for their second season in the Aire Wharfe cricket league.A wicket keeping batsman is still sought,if any happen to be reading this!

Offline wetherbyTitan

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 11:02:46 AM »
A strong, organised Goole team were to strong for us on Saturday. Despite the score line the game was played with a great tempo and Wetherby put everything they could into it.

Goole have been the best and most organised team I've seen this season, I'll be extremely surprised to not see them promoted as champions.