$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Scores 15/12

Author Topic: Scores 15/12  (Read 2353 times)

Offline leg

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
Scores 15/12
« on: December 15, 2018, 03:01:15 PM »
As official Town scorekeeper? 😂Town 22-5 Beverley half time.

Offline leg

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
Re: Scores 15/12
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 03:37:35 PM »
39-10 FT at Far Moss
Finished 10 minutes early - I assume because the lights went out and the ref considered it was too dark.

Offline carlthewlisjohns

• Finding my feet
  • Rugby is always the winner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 06:22:10 PM »
Huge respect to Beverley today and their coaches / officials. No doubt a team could have inspected the pitch today and cried off. It was playable (just) and they simply got on with it. I'm sure both clubs had players missing but nevertheless a great game with two sides of contrasting styles going at it! Easy to say with the score line but was a closer game than it suggests. The Beverley lock Alfie is a class act and their Captain was a gent with a couple of decisions during the game that we mutually agreed on to help the official who in fairness had a top game and let it flow for 70 minutes. Thankfully two weeks off to rest the bones. Happy Christmas and New Year from all at Town.

Online Town

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 06:31:52 PM »
I wonder where the gobshi*e is now who wrote this at start of season. I can guess who it was. It was the one who looked like Lennie small off mice and men. Stands on sideline acting important.

Says a lot about moortown then! You had Mr blobby with the mobility of a dying hippo start at 1 for you!😂 you also had what looked to be a prop on the wing! And don’t get me started on the 15! The best thing for you guys is to have a word with Cj and buy some more players in as you’re not half the team you was last year!

Got everything you deserved today

Offline cynic

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 08:55:09 AM »
I wonder where the gobshi*e is now who wrote this at start of season. I can guess who it was. It was the one who looked like Lennie small off mice and men. Stands on sideline acting important.

Says a lot about moortown then! You had Mr blobby with the mobility of a dying hippo start at 1 for you!😂 you also had what looked to be a prop on the wing! And don’t get me started on the 15! The best thing for you guys is to have a word with Cj and buy some more players in as you’re not half the team you was last year!

Got everything you deserved today
[Calm down Town and just enjoy being top of the league. Just try and keep blocking out the haters]

Online Town

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 11:01:51 AM »
I was just quoting the serial killer who had a go at start of season. Swings and roundabouts #UTT

Offline Rugby Convert

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 08:38:11 PM »
OMG  Has to go down as the coldest I have ever being at a rugby match.  How Ponte and Rish players coped has to be admired. Tight game with Rish defending superbly. Constant pressure in second half saw Ponte come good with the win. Strange decision by away captain to play with wind in first half, advantage Ponte second half.

Players left shivering in clubhouse after, even after a warm shower :-[

Offline sliotar

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 08:15:51 AM »
Coldest in awhile. ref must've been asked every breakdown to call the game!! Glad it's done and gives a free weekend in the new year at least. Fair play to Bev for staying as long as they did after the game. Decent atmosphere in the club post game to finish off the year.

Merry xmas to everything. I'm off to do some dirty bulking over the next 3 weeks and drink myself silly.

Offline Fredsbar

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 08:16:49 AM »
You didn’t mention it was 8-8 with 10 minutes to go and Old Rishworthians ended the game with 13 players owing to further injuries.

Offline talblic

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 09:27:16 AM »
hats must go off to both teams at keighley not only turning out in atrocious conditions but giving the spectators a good game of rugby, a game of two halves Keighley dominating the first with a 17-3 HT score, Dinnington came out all guns blazing as expected and laid siege to the kly line but resounding defence only meant that the line was breached only once, and kly getting the bonus pt with the last play of the game. Once again well done to both teams

Offline Rugby Convert

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2018, 10:13:26 AM »
You didn’t mention it was 8-8 with 10 minutes to go and Old Rishworthians ended the game with 13 players owing to further injuries.
Correction it was 8 a piece with 20 minutes to go and Rish finished the game with 13. Replacements?  Don't recall Rish getting in our half in the second period. But as mentioned your captain chose the wrong option playing with wind in first half
Or both our observations were mushed by the cold weather