$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; year end league positions - Happy Christmas

Author Topic: year end league positions - Happy Christmas  (Read 800 times)

Offline Broughton

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
year end league positions - Happy Christmas
« on: December 23, 2018, 03:14:14 PM »
Firstly, may I wish you all a very Happy Christmas.....and may I thank all you contributors for the high quality of posts and banter on here !

As we enter the break at the year end, I guess it gives us some time to reflect on the season. There has been some excellent rugby and credit goes to all teams for playing competitive & open rugby, in some terrible weather conditions. 

The league positions held by Moortown and Heath accurately reflect the strength of both teams. I was a little surprised by the excellent progress made by Old Crossleyans, on their arrival in Y1. Nevertheless, they have proved worthy of their position.

Personally, I think that these 3 teams will be fighting it out for promotion at the end of the season. However, teams like Beverley, Pontefract and Old Brods, are all capable of beating any side in this league, so this will keep the top teams on their toes.

Lets hope that the injured players are able to recover over the break, and help their teams in the second half of the season. 

So here's to a well earned break for our players and lets look forward to some great rugby next year !

Merry Christmas and Happy New year !