$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Yorkshire 1 Christmas Dream team

Author Topic: Yorkshire 1 Christmas Dream team  (Read 5024 times)

Offline Driffield Bulldog

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Re: Yorkshire 1 Christmas Dream team
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2018, 02:24:42 PM »
It’s funny that moortown have scored double the points of everyone but yet only 3 of there players get a mention

Offline Divide

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2018, 03:28:39 PM »
It’s funny that moortown have scored double the points of everyone but yet only 3 of there players get a mention

Moortown 7,8 and 14 were the standout players against us. Yes they are a brilliant team but none of the others would be in the top 15 players in the league IMO.

Offline scrumandcoke1

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2018, 05:12:28 PM »
Moortown 7 and 8 are great players. I would say if it's a dream team none of the others would be in it. Same situation with York last season. Top of the league but only 2 or 3 quality players.
Boro 9,10 and 12 are a class act on their day.
Heath pack are best I've seen this season.

Offline Vagabonds IOM

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2018, 07:52:29 PM »
Hope the Boro no 10 recovers from his injury, he sustained yesterday.
All the best from the IOM.

Offline Vagabonds IOM

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2018, 07:54:23 PM »

Middlesbrough RUFC @BoroRugby

Smashed Radius for coach Baggy. Operation on Monday. Thanks for all the well wishes #UTB
View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter
Dec 29, 2018

Offline MyPennysWorth

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2018, 08:20:12 PM »

I’d say 3/4 players in the league XV would be about right. Those at the top of any league aren’t the best teams solely because they have the 15 best players in the league!

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2018, 06:30:45 AM »
Moortown 7 and 8 are great players. I would say if it's a dream team none of the others would be in it. Same situation with York last season. Top of the league but only 2 or 3 quality players.
Boro 9,10 and 12 are a class act on their day.
Heath pack are best I've seen this season.

I agree with your general point...but last year York's first choice side had a good number of quality players...
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level. Lucky to be involved in England's number one ranked level 7 league...Yorkshire One.

Offline scrumandcoke1

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2018, 09:15:57 AM »
 Backrowbandit, I agree with your comment that York had some quality players. However, out of the 2 games I watched them play in only 3 of them stood out.
This could be said for many teams and many players. But a dream team is selected on what you witness.

Offline Mink

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2019, 03:55:05 PM »
obviously the selections are being made on seeing each player in the one game you have seen this season or on past experience/knowledge - plus everyone has their own opinion.

don't get me wrong I would have been very surprised to get everyone in the team that is possibly deserving in my option

Offline Memory_Man

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2019, 05:19:23 PM »
Lots of Heath props in these sides. After today’s performance will Towns forwards finally get some praise? Or do Heath simply need to remove their ice skates 🙊

Master class 🙌🏼

Offline DontTrustBacks

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2019, 07:17:14 PM »
MM by far the most classless individual on the forum. Town are top of the league and deservedly so. Why do you constantly crave praise? Were you not hugged as a child? Did your paintings not get stuck on the fridge by mum and dad? Congrats Town on another impressive win. Shame your club is let down by the constant drivel posted by mr “please love me and tell me I’m a good boy”

Offline Memory_Man

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2019, 07:37:13 PM »
MM by far the most classless individual on the forum. Town are top of the league and deservedly so. Why do you constantly crave praise? Were you not hugged as a child? Did your paintings not get stuck on the fridge by mum and dad? Congrats Town on another impressive win. Shame your club is let down by the constant drivel posted by mr “please love me and tell me I’m a good boy”

Oh that’s harsh! Was simply asking a question. Il take the praise sir, thank you. Makes this victory beer that little sweeter.

Offline Master_Knowledge

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2019, 08:00:20 PM »
Damn it! I must try harder.

Offline Driffield Bulldog

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2019, 09:03:30 PM »
Lol the heath pack oooooo the big boys