$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Appeal for Yorkshire farmers

Author Topic: Appeal for Yorkshire farmers  (Read 455 times)

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
Appeal for Yorkshire farmers
« on: January 02, 2019, 08:37:41 PM »
DAA has contacted me and asked that we all spare a thought for hard up Yorkshire farmers who are battling tough times. The uncertainty surrounding the investment market at present has resulted in many farmers reserves dropping from 8 figure sums to 7 figure sums.

DAA has suggested that anyone with a local government pension (you know the ones, short days,long lunches, Flexi off but never Flexi on, retire at 50, go back at 50 and 1 day, final salary pension worth 25 times what was paid in, gold watch blah blah) should contribute at least 25% of their income (i.e. our taxes) to allow farmers to continue to live in the standard of life they are accustomed to....which is still lower than a retired local government worker - who did a job that wasn't needed!

Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level. Lucky to be involved in England's number one ranked level 7 league...Yorkshire One.

Offline Dropkicker

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
Re: Appeal for Yorkshire farmers
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 09:31:57 PM »
That's funny for those who know what your on about.
Not sure there will be to many contributing to this thread.
Come Porkies & DAA take him apart LOL

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
Re: Appeal for Yorkshire farmers
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 09:42:48 PM »
I'm not sure about that....I bet a number on here know hard up farmers (salt of the earth types, battling to feed the nation) and also know deluded retired public sector planks of wood (never made anything, sold anything, risked anything, employed anyone or generated any wealth - essential services excepted).
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level. Lucky to be involved in England's number one ranked level 7 league...Yorkshire One.