$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Scores 05/01/2019

Author Topic: Scores 05/01/2019  (Read 3474 times)

Offline Fredsbar

• Legend
    • View Profile
Scores 05/01/2019
« on: January 05, 2019, 03:02:19 PM »
HT Orrufc 15 Guisborough 5

Offline olfaithful

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Re: Scores 05/01/2019
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 04:25:21 PM »
OR 29-Guis 20

Offline Grimsby71

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 05:12:56 PM »
They say it’s the hope that kills you as a follower of any sport and when Brods Michael Briggs put the new Heath centre on his backside and ran in the first try there was a real optimism in the air.  Alas 35 minutes of quite miserable rugby followed with reset scrums, an unfathomably large number of penalties and a Heath penalty try and before you knew it halftime was upon us and Heath were 10-5 ahead. 

The second half was somewhat better with Brods trying to play but heath’s edge up front and a refusal to use their backs kept it a pretty tight affair throughout.  Hinchcliffe kicked some decent penalties as he usually does and there was a glimmer of hope when Brods scored a second through the impressive Rob Jennings to make it 19-14 but more Brods indiscipline, another Hinchcliffe penalty and a second Heath penalty try at the death meant the visitors left with nothing.

Brods will be missing Callum Thompson next week I imagine as he received a red at the end for punching after a frustrating afternoon.    For Heath I though the ageing Richard Brown rolled back the years and put in a great display from the bench.

Beyond that there really wasn’t that much to talk about.  A decent enough if somewhat frustrating game, Heath’s forwards won it for them as they usually do and the Brods winless run continues. 

Special mention must go to the referee who’s efforts bordered on incompetent today and whilst I believe we should value the volunteers who make the game possible this chap really should hang his boots up because he didn’t really have much of a clue.  If there was a refs observer there I would put a tenner on him appearing in a lower league in the coming weeks.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 05:19:51 PM by Grimsby71 »

Offline MORLEYBOI

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 05:51:09 PM »
Brods I’ll discipline cost them again and as done for however many games running,stop whinging and deal with the penalty count and you will win some big games instead of imploading like you do in all tough games.Ps don’t blame the ref for your lack of discipline,how many yellows and reds you had this season?
HNY UTH
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 10:17:20 AM by MORLEYBOI »

Offline Grimsby71

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 05:56:31 PM »
I think I'm the first to call out our ill discipline MB, but this ref was particularly poor. 

Offline Memory_Man

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 06:14:16 PM »
Poor old Brods, hardest done to side in Y1 😢

Offline Grimsby71

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 06:16:57 PM »
Ha no I think Heath deserved it.  Our discipline issues are well documented.  Mostly by me tbh. :)

Offline talblic

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 06:21:53 PM »
Anybody got any news from Croft v Kly?

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2019, 06:49:17 PM »
They say it’s the hope that kills you as a follower of any sport and when Brods Michael Briggs put the new Heath centre on his backside and ran in the first try there was a real optimism in the air.  Alas 35 minutes of quite miserable rugby followed with reset scrums, an unfathomably large number of penalties and a Heath penalty try and before you knew it halftime was upon us and Heath were 10-5 ahead. 

The second half was somewhat better with Brods trying to play but heath’s edge up front and a refusal to use their backs kept it a pretty tight affair throughout.  Hinchcliffe kicked some decent penalties as he usually does and there was a glimmer of hope when Brods scored a second through the impressive Rob Jennings to make it 19-14 but more Brods indiscipline, another Hinchcliffe penalty and a second Heath penalty try at the death meant the visitors left with nothing.

Brods will be missing Callum Thompson next week I imagine as he received a red at the end for punching after a frustrating afternoon.    For Heath I though the ageing Richard Brown rolled back the years and put in a great display from the bench.

Beyond that there really wasn’t that much to talk about.  A decent enough if somewhat frustrating game, Heath’s forwards won it for them as they usually do and the Brods winless run continues. 

Special mention must go to the referee who’s efforts bordered on incompetent today and whilst I believe we should value the volunteers who make the game possible this chap really should hang his boots up because he didn’t really have much of a clue.  If there was a refs observer there I would put a tenner on him appearing in a lower league in the coming weeks.

Are you going to take his boots of the pegs and pick up the whistle?
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level. Lucky to be involved in England's number one ranked level 7 league...Yorkshire One.

Offline thecanman

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2019, 06:54:58 PM »
Old Crocs 13 - 18 Keighley

Probably the worst performance from Crocs in 2 seasons. Keighley came to win and did just that. Went in at the break 13-8 up but never really put any pressure on Keighley to close the game out. 2 red cards, one at the start of the second half to our young naive number 9 and one near the end for high tackle and subsequent "back chat". A poor game of rugby really im sure boths teams would agree, very stop start. A huge improvement needed if we are to stay in the promotion hunt. Keighley always seem to do well at Broomfield, well done on the deserved win.

Offline west vale lad

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2019, 08:05:38 PM »
I watched the Heath v Brods game.  Although Brods took the lead, Heath dictated matters for the rest of the 1st half and it was not pretty to watch as Brods were intent on slowing down the game and giving away penalty after penalty. I was surprised that the referee did not send someone to the bin for persistent offending.  In the second half, Brods got their game together better and got back to within 4 points. However, Heath continued to dictate in the forwards and were able to extend the lead to 22 v 15 before the Brods loose head prop was sent off for his second yellow card offence after hitting our tight head prop who had absolutely 'screwed' him in the set piece from the start. Heath continued to dictate in the last 10 minutes and got a 2nd penalty try for a Brods misdemeanour in the 5 metres scrum. Overall the best team won and I find it very frustrating that the referee is blamed by Mr Grimsby for their defeat. Not the case at all. Please just accept that your discipline was poor and the best team won.

Offline Whoopey

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2019, 08:33:21 PM »
Beverley V Ponte

A great game with weird decisions for both teams from the ref. All in all, a bloody good game of rugby and a cry out for what is definitely the best L7 league in the country.

Offline Grimsby71

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2019, 08:35:45 PM »
I do think I said that I thought that Heath deserved to win WVL, and I didn't blame the ref for the Brods defeat.  I think the two things are different matters.  I was quite aware what sort of response a comment about a referee will elicit on this forum but I also think it was worth making.  The game has to hold itself to a higher standard at times I think whether that be referees, players or supporters and I genuinely think what we saw today was not particularly worthy of the effort the players put in and it does detract from the experience.   

I know it's only level 7 rugby and hardly the end of the world kind of stuff and it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things but for those 80 minutes on a Saturday afternoon it can feel like it.

Offline Burgermasco

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2019, 08:42:43 PM »
West Vale Lad- As the loose head that was apparently screwed i thought I would have my say on the scrum. At no point did heath move the scrum beyond the mark (when we had a full pack), at no point did i hit the floor and in my opinion I was the one that kept my shape. I was baffled to be on the wrong end of the penalties and felt I should have been the one receiving them. To give a penalty try and a yellow card when the scrum was not in any danger of been pushed back was a very odd decision. In the second half we started to get on top of the heath scrum which is why I was probably punched at the scrum after we had nearly driven them off their own ball. I reacted and I apologise for that.Good game of Rugby on the whole.

Offline west vale lad

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2019, 09:35:01 PM »
Burgemasco. I  would disagree with you regarding the fact that the Heath pack did not dictate the scrums. You was sinbinned for dropping the scrum on a number of occasions whilst under pressure and whilst having a full compliment of forwards, you chose a line out rather than a scrum from a Heath crooked throw which would suggest that you was perhaps struggling a little. That said, I agree with you in that I was surprised regarding the awarding of a penalty try after the 2nd dropped scrum in a row in your '22' with the scrum being relatively steady prior to said  dropping of scrum.