$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Scores 05/01/2019

Author Topic: Scores 05/01/2019  (Read 3475 times)

Offline Whoopey

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Re: Scores 05/01/2019
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2019, 10:29:07 PM »
West Vale Lad- As the loose head that was apparently screwed i thought I would have my say on the scrum. At no point did heath move the scrum beyond the mark (when we had a full pack), at no point did i hit the floor and in my opinion I was the one that kept my shape. I was baffled to be on the wrong end of the penalties and felt I should have been the one receiving them. To give a penalty try and a yellow card when the scrum was not in any danger of been pushed back was a very odd decision. In the second half we started to get on top of the heath scrum which is why I was probably punched at the scrum after we had nearly driven them off their own ball. I reacted and I apologise for that.Good game of Rugby on the whole.

Nibs

Offline Memory_Man

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2019, 10:34:21 PM »
How did Boros 3 man team get on today without 2 of said players? 🙄🤭🤔

Offline Wainhouse Tower

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2019, 11:31:45 PM »
A good derby game at West Vale today.  Brods started well and showed good promise in first 15 mins pressuring Heath.

After that, Heath took control and dominated remainder of 1st half.  After some partisan support from sidelines Brods found a backbone to start competing again until the regular ill-discipline kicked in and Heath shut it down.

In short, it’s a game of 80 mins - pick a squad that can mix it the whole game, what’s the point in having a prop on the bench and don’t use them?  Heath deserved to win, although a more expansive game beyond the 12 channel would take Heath to the next level. 

Offline scrumandcoke1

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2019, 11:32:19 PM »
According to results Boro got beat. But With your well known hate for them i am quite sure that you already knew that and are just trying to rub salt on the wound and trying to ruffle a few feathers. Pure arrogance

Offline Woody

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2019, 11:53:21 PM »
Burgomasco I have a video which shows you getting driven back in the scrum and popped up in the air, followed by the heath tight head driving through your second row and out the back of the scrum. You then ran after the right head and dived towards him with a punch. Which is the reason for the red. And for the yellow in the 1st half you dropped the scrum 4 times near your own line because you were under pressure and your ego wouldn’t allow you to go backwards. Unlucky son.

Offline TenPencePete6

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2019, 10:11:55 AM »
“Brods I’ll discipline cost them again and as done for however many games running,stop whinging and deal with the penalty count and you will win some big games instead of imploading like you do in all tough games as you always do.Ps don’t blame the ref for your lack of discipline,how many yellows and reds you had this season?
HNY UTH”

From watching the game down at west vale yesterday think it’s fair to say that without two well executed breakaway tries from the Brods, the game was pretty much always in favour for the lads down at Heath! Other than a bit of niggle from the Woodhead boys, it’s fair to say that only one of their new props is a good addition to the team. Is it time already for yet another coaching set up down at the Brods? because they look like a team going backwards once again. They have a decent scrum and lineout which means the forwards coach has definitely done his job... just a shame he’s the only one

Offline sliotar

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2019, 10:24:32 AM »
Be interesting to see next week if it’s boro or crocs that bounce back. Rugby league pre season is here so will crocs be the same team as there were pre Xmas? 1st week back always has a few upsets. The race for 2nd bottom is getting interesting with teams picking up wins recently. Hullensians could’ve pipped it yesterday and seem a determined team but need some wins soon to avoid the drop with rish and Shelby likely to pick up a few home wins in the coming months

Offline Memory_Man

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2019, 12:33:44 PM »
According to results Boro got beat. But With your well known hate for them i am quite sure that you already knew that and are just trying to rub salt on the wound and trying to ruffle a few feathers. Pure arrogance

No hate good sir, just take great pleasure in seeing Boro lose.

Offline MyPennysWorth

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2019, 02:02:36 PM »
Unfortunately couldn’t make the Calderdale derby yesterday but having heard the reports it sounds despite brods recruitment in the front row, and their claims ‘that it would be a lot different this time’ it appears Heath had more success at the scrum than they did last time! It is a fact that brods put the poor teams away well, however when they play in the big games they seem to lack the individual character and team cohesion / togetherness to compete with these sides.

It will be interesting to see what the rest of the season has in store for the Brods.. At the moment it tends to suggest the wheels are about to fall off
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 02:04:15 PM by MyPennysWorth »

Offline Ed I Tackle

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2019, 10:06:17 PM »
Another case of so close yet so far against one of the ‘big boys’ for Hullensians. Crocs, Boro and now Moortown have all given us hope of memorable victories in the face of adversity, yet we’ve been unable to get across the finishing line.

The game itself was a free scoring affair, with Moortown just edging it. Hullensians probably deserved a little more out it than the solitary point, but it’s another point closer to safety. With all the sides around us in the league having to travel to Springhead Lane there’s a long way to go. Winning is a habit though, one which we need to get addicted to again.