$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Scores

Author Topic: Scores  (Read 1587 times)

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
Scores
« on: January 05, 2019, 03:03:29 PM »
Cleck 6 - 10 Scarborough HT
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
Re: Scores
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 03:30:59 PM »
Check 6 - 22 Scarborough BP

Scarborough have had 3 yellows so far.

14 to go

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 03:41:31 PM »
Cleck 14 - 29 Scarborough

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 03:47:50 PM »
Cleck 19 - 29 Scarborough FT
BP win

Offline Bombardier29

• Legend
  • There is no Rule 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 04:33:46 PM »
Cleck 19 - 29 Scarborough FT
BP win
Great result - well done Scarborough.
Look forward to a report
When the second seal was opened another horse came out, a fairy red one. Its rider was given power to take the p*ss from the earth and to make men lay with each other. To him was given a large ego.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 09:13:12 PM »
Extraordinary game today and without a doubt Scarborough's best result of the season.  A number of players missing including our skipper Matty Jones. We knew we were going to hit an injury bad patch at some point and we are in it now. Whilst I may have been a bit pessimistic, I would have settled for one or two points today.

As it turned out there was only ever one winner and TBH by some distance. Cleck were stuck on 6 point until the closing moments of the match when following 3 Scarborough yellows (two at once) they eventually managed some scores. However that is not to say that Cleck were a poor side. I thought they were good at Silver Royd and they were again today probably enjoying 80% possession but they were very predictable...not that I'm wishing to underrate the incredible Scarborough defence. These young guns can tackle (young except the 50 odd year old drafted in to play front row - at various points of the match all 3 front row playing our of position).

What makes this Scarborough team so exciting is that they attack with such pace from every part of the field. Numerous stand out performances but over all a brilliant 5 point win.

If Cleck add 5% to their game I can see them putting 50 on Brid next week.

No complaints about the refereeing...good to see AB still reffing at a good level.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 09:15:20 PM by backrowbandit »

Offline Oldandslow

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 07:32:35 AM »
Not at ant game yesterday due to family commitments but an interesting set of results.

Important and significant wins for the top three has opened them a cushion to the clubs below. BRB I’m still sticking with my prediction of three win for Scarborough in January. Momentum  is everything from Christmas.

Great win for West Leeds. A win after the Christmas beak can often kick start the second half the of the season. Really tightens up the battle to avoid the bottom three think everyone from Pocklington downwards could be in danger.

Some big games to come in January.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 07:46:29 AM »
Yes that was a bit of a game-changing win for West Leeds and as you say opens things up at the bottom.

Offline Billy36

• Finding my feet
  • Breathing Cotswold fire over Yorkshire's fields
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 08:09:02 AM »
Completely agree with Old&Slow regarding momentum after Christmas in this league, it will be a few seasons ago but the story of Ilkley is remarkable.

At level 6 for the first time in their history following promotion and cup double in Yorkshire one the season before. They were 5th or 6th at Christmas with good consolidation of their new promoted status seemingly assured of they continued to win a few and lose a couple here and there. Instead they won EVERY game after Christmas and the rest is history, only spent their debut season at Level 6 and, until the RFU reshuffle away from National 3 leagues, have been a national league team every since.

Not too dissimilar to Scarborough’s current situation, albeit with a head start on their position post New Year. The return fixtures of Morpeth, YMCA and B&B could define Scarborough’s long term future/aspirations.