$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Scores 12/01/2019

Scores 12/01/2019

This is a discussion for the topic Scores 12/01/2019 on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Scores 12/01/2019  (Read 7962 times)

Grimsby71

• Finding my feet
Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 11:21:24 PM
Brods will be happy to return to winning ways and to have kept a clean sheet in pretty nasty conditions in Hipperholme.  Brods had a great opening ten minutes and recycled well but were unable to cross the line and Salem followed with some equally compelling stuff but both defences held out.  Brods eventually went ahead with a half of the length of the field effort by Rob Jennings and for the rest of the first period it was pretty even despite Salem having the benefit of both the slope and a strong wind at their backs.

Early in the Second Brods scored a second through Harris Morris after a great run by Danny Vento and some questionable Salem tackling, and a penalty through Phil Town gave them a 15 nil lead with probably a quarter of the game to go.  At this point Brods would have been fancying pulling away, especially given their set piece dominance, a distinct lack of stupid penalties and Salem not really threatening, but what followed was something of a stalemate with neither team adding to the scoreboard despite plenty of effort. 

As the game wore on Salem had a couple of enforced changes and both sides had players in the bin at various points and when the whistle finally went I think everyone was just glad to get inside. 

On the whole not a bad game though perhaps lacking some of the shenanigans and needle which have characterised recent encounters which left it all feeling rather civilised which I think was to Brods benefit.  Next up is a tough trip to Dinnington who have won 5 out of their last 7 and scored 30 points or more in each of those victories. 

Woody

• One of the boys
Reply #16 on: January 12, 2019, 11:26:29 PM
Scrumsndcoke1 you didn’t misunderstand Driffield Buldogs meaning. He is just changing his tune because you called him out. Well done sir, gentlemanly conduct is rare on this forum these days.

scrumandcoke1

• Finding my feet
Reply #17 on: January 13, 2019, 08:34:27 AM
Woody - I will be the first to apologise if I offend someone. I have followed this forum for many years. I have read some extremely  vile comments about players, coaches and on occasions officials. I am all for freedom of speech. However, there has to be a line which shouldn't be crossed. One or two members in particular  find great pleasure out of doing this regularly just to get their voices heard.
Respect, players, clubs officials.

The behaviour of some on here could be classed as bullying. Good job the players just laugh it off 

Woody

• One of the boys
Reply #18 on: January 13, 2019, 02:44:07 PM
I completely agree with you scrumsndcoke1. Every player deserves the same level of respect regardless of who they are and who they have played for in the past. Rugby is a gentlemen’s game.

sliotar

• Forum old hand
Reply #19 on: January 14, 2019, 09:10:36 AM
Looking at the table Ponte seemed to have sneaked quietly up the league. Do they have a real shout for top 2? They ran us close pre xmas and think they will pick up more BP than Heath. BPs could be a major difference in the final stretch of games.

Rugby Convert

• Finding my feet
Reply #20 on: January 14, 2019, 07:10:39 PM
It makes Saturdays visit to Heath very interesting. A Ponte win will open up the table...… then its game on.  From what I've seen this season they have earned their league standing through some excellent rugby. We all know its the end of season table that matters, but if they finish in the top 2 you couldn't argue.

Lock2509

• One of the boys
Reply #21 on: January 19, 2019, 01:21:17 PM
Totally agree Sliotar, BPs are massive by the end of the season. Middlesbrough just missed out last season as Middlesbrough won more games but Scarborough had more BPs!!