$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results

Results

This is a discussion for the topic Results on the board Yorkshire 4.

Author Topic: Results  (Read 4786 times)

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• Forum old hand
on: January 12, 2019, 06:04:08 PM
Halifax 5-35 Wibsey, not the greatest of games, but a hard contest for 55mins. Wibsey had too much in the end.

Knaresborough losing to a non top 4 side again. Good economics not sending the first team to dead rubbers. ????????

Premier

• Forum old hand
Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 08:03:13 PM
Just scanning the results from various leagues and Halifax results surprises me ??

Did they not spend big on a coach and players ??

Too old too slow

• One of the boys
Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 08:53:20 PM
Good win for Bramley
Burley did a job on knaresbrough
Fax  should have splashed the cash on players rather than the half dozen coaches that spend more time walking on the pitch telling players what to do .

That's there half of the league in the bag for the Wibsey men i believe

It will be good to see how good both top 4s  of each league are when the 2 splits meet,  will Wibsey and Osset continue romping there way to promotion or will the likes of York Ri, Mosbrough, and knaresbrough have a say
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 08:57:26 PM by Too old too slow »

AndyRobbo

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 12:39:00 PM
Just scanning the results from various leagues and Halifax results surprises me ??

Did they not spend big on a coach and players ??

Would be surprised if they pay any money to players, Halifax have improved a lot since the start of the season. Some good lads will be stronger next season.

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 04:35:53 PM
Out of interest how has the split and format worked for Yorkshire 4 and 5 teams?  Given there may be another restructure be interested to know your thoughts?  Sorry to hijack the thread!

caravan boys

• One of the boys
Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 06:49:08 PM
Bramley have gone through this twice now from the bottom 4 placing last year and now a top 4 placing this year.
I think it does work and gives the the bottom sides something to play for and keeps players turning up to complete fixtures in the bottom half, if it was one complete division by now half the table fixtures might not be completed with some clubs who are struggling with numbers.
I think the idea was to reduce some travelling , but it still happens come the split with clubs like Sheffield oaks playing Thirsk in the bottom half play offs.
Carnt see a way round it

• Forum old hand
Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 08:24:13 PM
I think it works well, keeps everyone interested for the full season.

bgdve

• Finding my feet
Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 08:11:28 PM
It works well enough, maybe needs geographical restructure depending on who comes down from y3.

Currently have 3 teams from sheffield and 2 from York in same league but Thirsk only 20 mins from York in a different one.

I’d be tempted just to do North/South split and see if you can make it work.

Leonidas

• Finding my feet
Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 03:29:22 PM
Out of interest how has the split and format worked for Yorkshire 4 and 5 teams?  Given there may be another restructure be interested to know your thoughts?  Sorry to hijack the thread!

How does everyone feel about the proposed entry of 2nd teams from level 6 and above entering the leagues at Level 7 and below ?

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 04:32:25 PM

How does everyone feel about the proposed entry of 2nd teams from level 6 and above entering the leagues at Level 7 and below ?
That's not quite what was mentioned. The panel threw into the mix the possibility of 2nd XV's playing in the leagues. This is not limited to clubs in L6 and above. Whilst it was commented on, it didn't appear to gain much traction.
Either way, without a rewriting of the current regulations, 2nd XV's can only rise to L8 and all new entrants must start in the lowest league. To join in a higher league would need approval from the Committee and all the clubs involved.

Entering a 2nd XV is not something any club would take lightly. Commitment to fixtures is imperative. Even a club like Ilkley, based on comments in the Merit league thread suggests they have had player availability issues at 2nd team level - 3rds, no problem.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

caravan boys

• One of the boys
Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 05:41:50 PM
Iam not keen on that idea !
All I can see is teams with 3 or 4 sides who play n the higher leagues get stronger and there 2nds already play at a higher level than the level 9 or 10 sides, so will probably get promoted.
Leaving the grass roots clubs who struggle with numbers to play never mind train . playing teams and getting heavily beaten week in week out will end up falling by the way side and been lost for ever.
Not sure that's expanding the game and opening up rugby for all .
I would personally like to see more clubs coming back into league rugby like Wortley in the south. And  having more clubs to play rather than the established clubs 4th team in a division like Yorkshire 4 or 5 .

• Forum old hand
Reply #11 on: January 23, 2019, 06:37:00 PM

That's not quite what was mentioned. The panel threw into the mix the possibility of 2nd XV's playing in the leagues. This is not limited to clubs in L6 and above. Whilst it was commented on, it didn't appear to gain much traction.
Either way, without a rewriting of the current regulations, 2nd XV's can only rise to L8 and all new entrants must start in the lowest league. To join in a higher league would need approval from the Committee and all the clubs involved.

Entering a 2nd XV is not something any club would take lightly. Commitment to fixtures is imperative. Even a club like Ilkley, based on comments in the Merit league thread suggests they have had player availability issues at 2nd team level - 3rds, no problem.

You would hope that it’s something that clubs wouldn’t take lightly, but as you know teams enter the cups then don’t travel.  Would they really take 2nd team rugby more seriously?  I really don’t like the idea.