$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; The bigger picture

The bigger picture

This is a discussion for the topic The bigger picture on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: The bigger picture  (Read 19527 times)

thesynic

• Finding my feet
on: January 12, 2019, 08:10:07 PM
From what I witnessed today, Moortown will finish top of the league and based on form, that’s a true reflection of the league. However, this leads to a bigger question as to... what is the point?

Whilst I can appreciate the on field abilities of their players. The reality is the invest has been mis-spent.

The facilities for players are shocking. From what I saw the changing rooms are equivalent to a Yorkshire 4 side in 2002. You can’t swing a cat in the bar... and it would appear even their own players do not come for a beer after. And if they do, there’s certainly a lack of Moortown Shirt and Ties on show.

So whilst I reiterate - Heath we’re out beaten today. In the grand scheme of things - Is Moortown actually a rugby club that’s sustainable over the next 5 years? What is being done for the community?

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 08:14:08 PM
One of the the proposals being put forward by the RFU will mean no promotion this season.

Worth thinking through.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

intense1

• Forum old hand
Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 08:24:47 PM
This post is ridiculous. I was unable to be involved a the big game because of work however this post is literally so disrespectful to Moortown. It's not about 'getting a bite' and tbh an attempt to get a dig in any which way in my eyes.

I joined the club from Harrogate at the start of last season and this club is fantastic, not just on Saturday if you win, but if you lose too, across all 3 teams people will come back to the club for a pint of 10, senior lads will help with junior and colts teams on Sunday whether its coaching or reffing or supporting. The club is the centre of many great events enjoyed by its members and the new 'beginnings' that the club came from 10ish years ago keeps the core humble.

It's true we may not have the most modern club house/facilities say the likes of Rudding at Gate or WPL, but I can guarantee you which has members in it till 2 in the morning every week and is a great place to be. Trying to shout us down because of facilities is a joke.

Rome wasn't built in a day after all.

gsb

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 08:25:47 PM
Glad you’re so humble. Great game hard work between top of the table.

sliotar

• Forum old hand
Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 08:29:18 PM
From what I witnessed today, Moortown will finish top of the league and based on form, that’s a true reflection of the league. However, this leads to a bigger question as to... what is the point?

Whilst I can appreciate the on field abilities of their players. The reality is the invest has been mis-spent.

The facilities for players are shocking. From what I saw the changing rooms are equivalent to a Yorkshire 4 side in 2002. You can’t swing a cat in the bar... and it would appear even their own players do not come for a beer after. And if they do, there’s certainly a lack of Moortown Shirt and Ties on show.

So whilst I reiterate - Heath we’re out beaten today. In the grand scheme of things - Is Moortown actually a rugby club that’s sustainable over the next 5 years? What is being done for the community?

Agreeing to your comments on the game but that's a very disrespectful comment. The facilities are similar to most Y1 clubs. We've grown the club massively in the 7 years I've been here and sustainability has been at the forefront. We had no juniors when I joined and now it's been reintroduced alongside 7 in the squad today Being under 25 and coming through

thesynic

• Finding my feet
Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 08:30:43 PM
No disrespect intended- it’s a genuine question- is it worth investing in the on field first and leaving the infrastructure to last... when does it end?

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 08:33:11 PM

Il uphold my reputation by simply stating the obvious. You’re just bitter you got well beaten today in all areas. The infamous Heath pack were taken to the sword.

Your comments are complete nonsense, simply the rant of bitter fool.

Lemons.

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 08:36:01 PM
And to quote one of our senior lifetime members;

“Heaths a sh*t hole. I once played in 18 inches of excrement as the river had overflowed. It was up to my knees!”

thesynic

• Finding my feet
Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 08:38:00 PM
Who is we? I was but an innocent spectator intrigued to watch two top of the table teams go at it. Clearly you’re unaware of the concept of a debate or the bigger picture.

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 08:40:00 PM
Who is we? I was but an innocent spectator intrigued to watch two top of the table teams go at it. Clearly you’re unaware of the concept of a debate or the bigger picture.

If what your implying is true and you were nothing but a nuetral then you have no mitigation. You’re clearly just a moron.

Driffield Bulldog

• Finding my feet
Reply #10 on: January 12, 2019, 08:41:16 PM

I didn’t realise this was the championship sorry to Dissapont but your slagging a club off when your ground and facilities are atrocious I think you and your big pack need to rethink and man up and just admit you were outplayed ???????? dream team front 3 don’t make me laugh dream on

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 08:43:00 PM
Let's have another go.
Assuming Moortown (or who ever) finishes top. How will you feel if you don't get promoted because some committee feel they know best and 12 team Leagues are the way to go?
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Pumba

• Finding my feet
  • #UTT
Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 08:43:08 PM
Not a Moortown shirt and tie in sight ????

Lemons.

https://www.facebook.com/641348472576455/posts/2255710141140272/

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 08:44:27 PM
Let's have another.
Assuming Moortown (or who ever) finishes top. How will you feel if you don't get promoted because some committee feel they know best and 12 team Leagues are the way to go?

All we can do is win the league! What will be will be.

thesynic

• Finding my feet
Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 08:46:27 PM
For the illiterate few on this forum... I shall reiterate my question for a debate... (again)

Is it worth investing on the on-field abilities first or investing in the club infrastructure and culture to breed the former?

Apologise if my original post was clowded by the one eyed.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 08:49:47 PM by thesynic »