$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; The bigger picture

The bigger picture

This is a discussion for the topic The bigger picture on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: The bigger picture  (Read 19531 times)

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #30 on: January 12, 2019, 09:39:46 PM
I've personally haven't visited Moortown, however I have heard that the club is a little run down and in need of little return but Moortown players and officials clearly feel proud of their club and so they should. Top of the league with somw great wins behind them and that winning momentum should see them crowned champions.

With that said, are the rfu laws for level 6 and below that no players are to be paid. Clearly the Cash is being splashed and this is a big advantage over other teams in the league who are following the rules and are not paying players.
You might want to spend some time and read the regulations more carefully.
As always, the devil is in the detail.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

thesynic

• Finding my feet
Reply #31 on: January 12, 2019, 09:42:58 PM
BRB asked why it was so quiet on here. I can asses the capabilities of Beverly next week if required? I seem to remember a similar level of investment a decade ago.

scrumandcoke1

• Finding my feet
Reply #32 on: January 12, 2019, 09:46:11 PM
I'm sure you'll probably know all about the money loop holes . It is funny how Moortown deny that players are paid and claim it's all on hard work and effort in training 

Lock2509

• One of the boys
Reply #33 on: January 12, 2019, 09:48:38 PM
Or how much the moortown lot are prooning for us to praise them

Woody

• One of the boys
Reply #34 on: January 12, 2019, 11:02:03 PM
Moortowns facilitates could do with a bit of an upgrade. Showers didn’t work for 20 minutes after the game. And when they did they were cold. The club house has an old school feel, Which isn’t a bad thing. However, being charged £5 for a cider was a bit much. Please can you put my money towards upgrading the boiler.

As for the game well played Moortown, you played some lovely rugby and controlled the lineout. The game was won in the first 20 minutes, after that Moortown defended well and Heath struggled to develop momentum. Referree had a decent game.

Moortown can now enjoy the bragging rights that Heath have enjoyed since the start of the season when they beat Moortown at home. I must remind the Heath forum members to be less polite next time and mirror Memory Mans attitude, although I’m not sure they are capable of reaching such a lowly position.

leg

• Legend
Reply #35 on: January 12, 2019, 11:43:34 PM
From what I witnessed today, Moortown will finish top of the league and based on form, that’s a true reflection of the league. However, this leads to a bigger question as to... what is the point?

Whilst I can appreciate the on field abilities of their players. The reality is the invest has been mis-spent.

The facilities for players are shocking. From what I saw the changing rooms are equivalent to a Yorkshire 4 side in 2002. You can’t swing a cat in the bar... and it would appear even their own players do not come for a beer after. And if they do, there’s certainly a lack of Moortown Shirt and Ties on show.

So whilst I reiterate - Heath we’re out beaten today. In the grand scheme of things - Is Moortown actually a rugby club that’s sustainable over the next 5 years? What is being done for the community?

Ignorant troll. You clearly know hooker all about Town.

carlthewlisjohns

• One of the boys
  • Rugby is always the winner
Reply #36 on: January 12, 2019, 11:52:02 PM
Apologies to Heath and North Ribb about the showers! For some reason someone decided to flip the off switch on the pump. Regardless it was back on soon after sun down, I'd been heating them since the morning! WOW on the tie/funding/club comments :)! I'm at the Club as I type this 23:42, full of players, supports and young ones full of hope, regardless of their disposition. It's the same at Town win loose or draw. I thought Heath enjoyed our pre match food and hospitality today, they were great visitors. Heath had the best defence I have seen this season, they moved the ball well and their set piece is something special. Spoke to Sid at length after the game and I hope both clubs regardless where they finish lock horns again next season! Cider is £4 but membership is only £50 (then £2) so if you can drink enough, well worth considering :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 11:55:48 PM by carlthewlisjohns »

Woody

• One of the boys
Reply #37 on: January 12, 2019, 11:55:38 PM
I’m that case can you ask the young gentleman behind the bar to put the £1 he overcharged me towards next weeks meat raffle. ????

carlthewlisjohns

• One of the boys
  • Rugby is always the winner
Reply #38 on: January 12, 2019, 11:59:06 PM
We had one young chap working today, he's playing for Yorkshire U18's tomorrow, I suspect his mind was elsewhere. Your drink voucher is secure for your next visit :)

Woody

• One of the boys
Reply #39 on: January 13, 2019, 12:37:33 AM
That’s understandable, best of luck to him!! I’ll pop over for a J2O sometime soon

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #40 on: January 13, 2019, 07:00:15 AM
I don't recall moortowns facilities being particularly bad...I've been to worse.

So without making any reference to moortown, just a general point in support of the underlying original post...... Money spent on players becomes worthless the moment the players leave or the bubble busts etc... Money spent on facilities lasts a lifetime.

That is just a cast iron fact and not directed at any club. I've made no secret of the fact for years that I've always believed that investment in facilities will in time result in develop of players. Whilst investment in players never leads to development of facilities.

Every club makes it choice.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Town

• Finding my feet
Reply #41 on: January 13, 2019, 10:21:14 AM
This is a very bitter thread ????????????makes me laugh. This thread is full of mugs (moortown and other teams included) how can a team get beat and then turn on the facilities ???? the only time a thread gets more than 3 posts these days is when it’s to slag off moortown (or in this case it’s showers????????) really is pathetic. But on the other hand if I was affiliated with anyone else’s club in the league I’d be first to slag moortown off ???? it’s just human nature.

Keeping inline with the thread There’s 4 clubs probably that have better facilities IMO and the rest are pretty similar, them clubs been ponte, keighley, Beverly and selby. That’s my opinion. I still wouldn’t change my club to be at any of them.

Keep up the great work on the threads. Never thought I’d say this but can’t wait to have BRB back in our forum next year (if they don’t go up) least he can have a laugh.

Ps I wouldn’t shower my beagle at Salem.

Town

• Finding my feet
Reply #42 on: January 13, 2019, 10:26:10 AM
Pps that’s easy to say about investing in facilities brb when McCain’s chips is plastered all over your ground ????

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #43 on: January 13, 2019, 10:30:29 AM
Well I'll spend this morning trying to work that last post out!
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Billy36

• Finding my feet
  • Breathing Cotswold fire over Yorkshire's fields
Reply #44 on: January 13, 2019, 11:12:12 AM
Board member of club who have successful and sustainably developed their facilities offers free sage advice to all, and no, clubs in particular; gets lambasted for having cultivated a mutually beneficial sponsorship deal to help this process.

It’s attitudes like, that to free help and advice from others, that hold people, clubs and companies back in life. Bizarre response.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 11:16:59 AM by Billy36 »