$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Scores 12th Jan

Scores 12th Jan

This is a discussion for the topic Scores 12th Jan on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Scores 12th Jan  (Read 5855 times)

Radio Gnome

• Legend
  • I, for one, like Roman numerals.
on: January 14, 2019, 07:50:53 PM
Wath 25-24 Ripon

Posting this to try and generate a bit traffic on Y2 board - 2 posts last week on results, none this week.

Anyway.

Close as the score suggests. Lead changed hands a couple of times and Ripon scored an interception try in dying minutes. A successful conversion would have given Ripon the lead but it drifted wide and Wath ran down the clock.
Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
That I got no cerebellum -  Ramones 1977

Locked Out

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Life is serious enough...
Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 09:11:08 PM
Cheers RG

Looks like everyone else is too busy or disinterested in the socal side of Rugby. I shan't give in, nor will Ripon.

I'd rather be in t'sunshine!

• One of the boys
Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 10:17:55 PM
Ripon seem to be improving over the last 3/4 games, but it will be a tester this weekend.

On a side note, do all clubs in Y2 charge entrance fees. Was a bit shocked to pay £5 at Wheatley Hills. I could have bought 4 vegan sausage rolls and a coffee for that price ????

Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 01:33:35 AM
Some unexpected results, especially the Sea Anglers winning at Goole, Leos seem to be on a roll, was it one of sunshine's vegan sausage rolls?. Yorkshire one claim to be the best level 7 league in the country, probably true but our league isn't bad either.

Ribb Exile in Lancs

Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 01:40:55 AM
Ripon seem to be improving over the last 3/4 games, but it will be a tester this weekend.

On a side note, do all clubs in Y2 charge entrance fees. Was a bit shocked to pay £5 at Wheatley Hills. I could have bought 4 vegan sausage rolls and a coffee for that price ????

Only £4 at Ribblesdale, another coffee?

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 06:46:22 AM
Some unexpected results, especially the Sea Anglers winning at Goole, Leos seem to be on a roll, was it one of sunshine's vegan sausage rolls?. Yorkshire one claim to be the best level 7 league in the country, probably true but our league isn't bad either.
Perhaps they’ve seen the proposed league restructure options and thought “what’s the point?”

Regarding Y1. It’s usually folks outside Y1 that big it up but evidence does tend to support the claim. Teams moving up from Y2 seem to do ok so that suggests Y2 is no easy ride either.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Speccy

• Forum old hand
Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 10:54:34 AM
Despite the start of the ski season,Leos maintained their momentum with their seventh successive victory,with a hard fought 22 - 0 victory over West Park.Very difficult conditions but bonus point secured with last play of the game,referreed I believe by our friend from Ripon.Seconds also successful 46 - 10 over Park at Crag Lane,whilst the thirds took an away walkover in the Merit Table,with Park unable to raise a third team.I believe Morley Spartans(Vets) stepped in to to give the thirds a game and as I dont know the score,I suspect Morley came out on top.Wetherby(firsts and seconds) and Rowntrees(thirds) are the opponents this weekend.

Anyone know whats likely to happen with promotion and relegation at the end of the season? No promotion,smaller league,meaning 3/4 relegated?

plantpotjim

• Finding my feet
Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 01:04:32 PM
Finally pulled our fingers out with a decent win over barno. I agree that the chat on here's been abit none existant this season, maybe down to the gasman being lancashire...

Gasman

• Finding my feet
Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 02:10:38 PM
pretty lancashire yourself jacky........................... no bite

UP THE GROVE

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 02:40:39 PM
Proposals can be found on this page http://lancashirerfu.pitchero.com/news/rfu-league-north-proposed-structures-25587/

Option A and C sees no relegation.  Not sure how promotion/relegation would work for option E.

Not sure there is an answer that will appease everyone.  Be interesting to see what happens but I doubt very much whether the changes would come in to place for next season as time is running out.

On to Saturday, much improved performance from us with some people returning from injuries.  I just wish we could put the same side out each week but unavailabilities are preventing us building up any rhythm.

Good to see Mark and Hobbo from Barnsley, two solid gents in the game.

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #10 on: January 15, 2019, 04:06:02 PM
Proposals can be found on this page http://lancashirerfu.pitchero.com/news/rfu-league-north-proposed-structures-25587/

Option A and C sees no relegation.  Not sure how promotion/relegation would work for option E.

Not sure there is an answer that will appease everyone.  Be interesting to see what happens but I doubt very much whether the changes would come in to place for next season as time is running out.

On to Saturday, much improved performance from us with some people returning from injuries.  I just wish we could put the same side out each week but unavailabilities are preventing us building up any rhythm.

You doubt wrong Dan

Next season is exactly what they are looking at.

Sorting out the counting errors will cause a problem, as will the no promotion/relegation.
The cynic in me says they've presented the options in such a way the Prom/Rel clubs appealing will cause the 12 vote option to go through - which is what they've pushed for for years - contrary to what most clubs in the north want.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Ripit

• Forum old hand
Reply #11 on: January 15, 2019, 06:18:50 PM
Despite the start of the ski season,Leos maintained their momentum with their seventh successive victory,with a hard fought 22 - 0 victory over West Park.Very difficult conditions but bonus point secured with last play of the game,referreed I believe by our friend from Ripon.Seconds also successful 46 - 10 over Park at Crag Lane,whilst the thirds took an away walkover in the Merit Table,with Park unable to raise a third team.I believe Morley Spartans(Vets) stepped in to to give the thirds a game and as I dont know the score,I suspect Morley came out on top.Wetherby(firsts and seconds) and Rowntrees(thirds) are the opponents this weekend.

Anyone know whats likely to happen with promotion and relegation at the end of the season? No promotion,smaller league,meaning 3/4 relegated?

Yes it was me. A highly enjoyable derby game with both teams just wanting to play rugby. Refereed the same game earlier in the season when WPL won by quite a few.  Leos have definitely got stronger.  Thanks to both sets of players for a great game. I even got a good assessment out of it!

Ribb Exile in Lancs

Reply #12 on: January 15, 2019, 06:30:53 PM
Well done Gnome that seems to have got things moving. Lets keep it up.

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #13 on: January 15, 2019, 07:32:25 PM

Cheers pal, good to see you too. Shame (from our perspective) about the result, you boys thoroughly deserved your win... team looked strong. Good luck for the rest of the season.

More importantly though where were you in the pub... dodging me were you?

Benchwarmer

• Finding my feet
Reply #14 on: January 16, 2019, 11:59:41 AM
Goole 5 - 12 Yarnbury

A very deserved win on Saturday for Yarnbury. Yarnbury played into a strong breeze in the first half had them in their own 22 for the majority, but with Goole unable to get over for a strong defence and a couple of mistakes, the score stood 0-0 at half time.

In the second half, Goole scored a try just a few minutes after kick off, which was quickly answered with a converted try. The game saw much of the same as the first half with Yarbury under immense pressure, but relentless defending and a well worked try 5 minutes from the end was enough to seal a good win for Yarbury.

Did superb to shut Goole’s attacks out wide, and grafted hard in and around the breakdown. A strong set piece to go with.

Well done to Yarbury