$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; League Decider?

League Decider?

This is a discussion for the topic League Decider? on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: League Decider?  (Read 8909 times)

Dark Arts Advocate

• A little respect please...
on: January 18, 2019, 11:32:21 AM
Will the clash at Morpeth this weekend between the top two in the table decide the outcome of this league?

Morpeth have the meanest defence in the league and the Globetrotters have the highest scoring attack.

Both have identical records in the wins, losses and draws columns but Scarborough's 5 point current lead at the top of the table is down to 5 more try bonus points than Morpeth.

So a 5 point home win, together with denying the visitors anything would square everything up at the top.

All to play for and a game that will thoroughly examine Scarborough's Champions credentials.

For me, an away win will decide the outcome of this league and justify Scarborough's significant investment in their semi professional players.
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

NorthEast1_fan

• Finding my feet
Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 11:49:22 AM
They may have to take their underground heating up!! ????

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 12:24:43 PM
Yes I'm hearing a postponement most likely. Be it by road safety or hard ground.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Johnosjstrap

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 02:26:33 PM
Absolute Tommy Rot.
Who on earth says a postponement 'most likely'?
Possible, yes, but certainly not 'most likely'.
Admittedly, Morpeth this morning was frostier than a wife who's been jabbed up the wrong 'un, but it's getting warmer now.
A quick call to arms and all the local dingles will be out layering the pitch with straw later anyway to keep the ground just playable...

Game on....
.possibly

« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:29:01 PM by Johnosjstrap »

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 03:07:03 PM
Let's hope so...

Oldandslow

Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 03:08:47 PM
Local forecast above freezing overnight and a barmy 3 degrees tomorrow.

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 07:13:48 PM
Apparently Old Brods have said in their opinion it would be unsafe for Scarborough to travel!
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

Ribbflagman

Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 09:47:18 PM
I have it on good authority that their under13s are setting off from the clubhouse at 6.30am  to see what the road conditions are like, and then be able to support the team that may or may not refuse to travel!!!!
After all it's the first team that matters !!!!

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 08:43:48 AM
Match on....

Billy36

• Finding my feet
  • Breathing Cotswold fire over Yorkshire's fields
Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 10:36:01 AM
“On-On”?

Or Scarborough please start your 15 hour round trip, we hope the ice will have thawed by kick off?

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 04:22:26 PM

Morpeth   34   -   13   Scarborough.  :-\
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

NorthEast1_fan

• Finding my feet
Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 06:53:29 PM
Anyone on here at the game?

Morpeth too good or Scarborough off colour?

3 teams battling it out....plenty of twists and turns to come!

Victorm

• Legend
Reply #12 on: January 21, 2019, 11:10:07 AM
Made the trip to Morpeth over the snow covered North Yorks Moors (though roads virtually clear) to find better conditions - no snow at all - once past Guisborough.
Morpeth brought good playing conditions for running rugby with a decent pitch as well as a welcoming Clubhouse. The goodly number of Scarborough supporters probably outnumbered the good natured locals, we were certainly more vociferous.
I was certainly optimistic prior to kick-off, in that we could at least give Morpeth a good game despite their much vaunted home record this season.
After an exchange of penalties and a converted try to the home side Scarborough were settling down and, I thought, were still well in the game at half-time after we had spurned three good try scoring opportunities - one of which looked to be a good try right by the posts and could have tied the scores prior to the half-time whistle. However, Scab’s were inexplicably penalised and taken back for ‘yet another’ clearance kick to the home side.
In the second half Morpeth turned the screw attaining good clean ball from both the line-out and scrum and although Scarborough fought back with two tries late in the game it was not to be! Certainly ‘one of those days’ when the bounce of the ball and the peep of the whistle seemed to go against them. However no complaints at all from the excellent crowd of away supporters, the best team won on the day 34pts to 13pts, which took Morpeth to the top of N1E on points difference. Scab's now second also on 64pts, Hudd. YM in third with 62pts the next seven teams all in the 40's.
Morpeth were strong all round with a solid pack and strong runners behind and good for yet another home victory.
Scab's can only look forward to meeting West Leeds at Silver Royd next weekend and despite their League position they are not to be taken lightly! 

TheChainsaw

• Finding my feet
Reply #13 on: January 21, 2019, 04:44:20 PM
Wow, just watched the game on Morpeth's YouTube channel. I didn't expect it to be such a completely one sided affair!

'Peth absolutely dominated Scarboros pack from the outset, looked like men vs boys!

If 'Peths forwards can turn out performances like that week in, week out till April no one will catch them

1st Half https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAvXH2mQ4Zo

2nd Half  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b4KYfSZWB0

utilityback91

• Finding my feet
Reply #14 on: January 22, 2019, 10:31:52 AM
Have the videos been removed?