$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Yesterday’s results

Author Topic: Yesterday’s results  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Woody

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Yesterday’s results
« on: January 20, 2019, 02:55:04 PM »
It would appear that everyone is either relieved or disappointed from yesterday’s result. Personally i am more than happy with the Heath result against Pontefract. Although the game was at times messy from both teams in attack, the defence effort was immense. Pontefract in particular proved very difficult to score against. More so than Moortown.

Beverly had a great day at the races, guisborough will be concentrating on their home games to gain enough points to stay up. I suspect a Selby like rally near the end of he season, which could upset a few of the top teams who have yet to play them at home.

Bradford did well to score 19 points against Moortown, must have been a unerving experience for Moortown, I suppose it always is traveling to Bradford. They defend their home turf well.

Good to see old Brods getting a win under their belt, never nice to travel to dinnigton in this weather.
I think Dinnigotm have already done enough stay up, will they taper off

Hullensians have experienced some close defeats lately so good to see them getting a close win. Worth all the hard work. Rishworthians I hear are struggling with injuries which can change a season for a team without much strength in depth.

Keighly have obviously changed their mindset and are starting to play to their strengths. Change in coach has made a big difference. Middlesbrough on the other hand continue to drop down the table. Perhaps once the weather improves they will start scoring some tries again.

Old Crocs have showed why they are in the top 4 with a huge win over Selby, they will want to close the gap as soon as possible. Also with a game in hand they are right behind the top 2. Selby will also be looking forward to the dry weather, allowing their young lads to run riot. I’ll

Offline Grimsby71

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Re: Yesterday’s results
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 04:56:47 PM »
Best performance of the season so far for the Brods, if not the last two, despite missing half a dozen regular starters and having first Team Coach Ackroyd on the bench (thought they didn't even need to use him).

Dinnington were impressively large and bearded and ran and ran all day but Brods simply chopped them down every time, and they even brought on what I think was an actual cave troll late into the second half so large was he but they didn't really pose too many problems apart from a decent few minutes at the beginning of each half.  They did get within a score following a late charge down but Brods were by far the fitter, hungrier and more creative side and bagged a bonus point score at the death.

Thought their fullback looked pretty handy though I think their outside backs probably all got hypothermia they were used so little.

Well worth the trip over and a most pleasant surprise indeed.

Next up Crocs. 

Offline scrumandcoke1

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 05:15:13 PM »
The new Keighley coach has certainly managed to pull the team together and they are really starting to play to their strengths. Well  done to that man and good luck for rest of the season.

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 08:15:19 PM »
Having a shandy.... you comment on everything except rugby, please give us a match report.
I heard Salem pushed moortown close? 

Offline Part time hooker

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 09:57:12 PM »
Salem who where missing 8 regular 1st team players put up a fantastic fight against a strong moortown side. Salem having a 18yeat old colt making his debut.
Salem didn't give a inch in the scrum ( up until last 20 mins with front row replacements from both sides) which considering the hype around towns pack was a good start point for salem.

Good 1st half  with town having most of the ball and Salem staying strong in defence.

Town going in to half time with a 10 nil lead  (I think)

2nd half 3 quick trys in 20 mins from town .Salem thengained some momentum and scored 3 trys in the last 20 to finish the game 29 -19 to town. 10 more minutes I may have been a different story.

Good luck with the promotion push and the rest of the season.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 12:48:00 PM »
Sounds similar to the first game, just minus the dramatic finish!