$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Six Nations runners and riders!!!

Author Topic: Six Nations runners and riders!!!  (Read 3632 times)

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
Re: Six Nations runners and riders!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2019, 10:39:59 AM »
Y o 9

More flair???? .... four tries away in Ireland against the tournament favourites and "second" best team in The World. ???

You mean flair displayed in those Welsh scores in Paris....the worst pass ever by an international player to gift North the winner and a desperate slip up on a greasy surface for another gift.

I really hope England go to Wales and put P for plenty past the Welsh...lets not pretend anything other than the Welsh prejudicially don't like the English and pathetically raise their game for that one game before relapsing into mediocrity for the rest of the tournament. I find the attitude of the welsh incredibly irritating. Rant over I'm back to my prop in leekie soup.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2019, 03:52:34 PM »
L'easy
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level. Lucky to be involved in England's number one ranked level 7 league...Yorkshire One.

Offline Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2019, 04:22:35 PM »
Good stuff from Jonny too.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2019, 05:27:46 PM »
Good points:
We won
We continue to be physical
We dominated them generally
The kicking game was reasonably effective.
Fitness levels incredible.

Bad points
Although kicking was quite effective new kicked far too much
Our back play was awful/non existent. Is this why we kicked or because we kicked??
Lost 2 or 3 lineouts
The bench wasn't effective.

We really should give that 10 out of 10. We thumped France.

However it feels like a 6 out of 10 and we should have won by 70+
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level. Lucky to be involved in England's number one ranked level 7 league...Yorkshire One.

Offline Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2019, 05:52:19 PM »
Jonny was excellent.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

Offline ye olde 9

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2019, 09:04:35 PM »
Alf a fiver on wales vs England?

Offline Dan Nulty

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2019, 09:24:11 PM »
I was getting very frustrated at the kicking, it was like being back in the 1980s/early 90s.  However it was extremely effective and what it does do is mean that the back three of Wales will now be looking at what space they have behind them which may mean gaps in the back line.

Tough place to get a win so not counting any chickens. Wales will be tough but I think we have sufficient balance in the side currently to get through it.

France were absolutely awful though.

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2019, 02:29:31 PM »
Alf a fiver on wales vs England?
old 9

of course dear boy... do I get to choose who I put my brass on ?

If so I will take England. I will wager 5 ( five) of my Bank of ENGLAND pounds .... 

Brrrrb..... that comes across as English arrogance. England's defence was seriously aggressive again...the kicking was outstanding which it has to be at top level. The rugby league kicking influence is endemic in our sport because defences are so strong. Kicking is now a recognised attacking option.

Additionally ...England were safe after 30 minutes... why would they try other options thereby giving away tactical info to up coming opponents... plus it was a really good opportunity to practice in live time the kicking plans ( which were working well on the day so why stop?).. The whole game plan from coaches down was superbly managed.

If England don't beat Wales I'll show your R's on the harbour!

Ps Old 9 whats the currency in the principality these days ?? havn't been in a long time... since a tour in 1975 actually when i decided i didn't much care for all that gargling and gobbing when conversing.

Offline ye olde 9

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2019, 01:54:30 PM »
Alf bet on! , wales might be in euro by the summer. Dan exactly what I said 80s rugby tosh. Got to training yesterday to find all the 9s there early practising their box kicking!! Ironic really since we have a kicking ban in open play.

Offline Dan Nulty

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2019, 11:38:45 AM »
Turnovers in premiership different from international. Kvesic not getting a shot proved that. However, I hope curry proves to be the seven we need. I'm no expert, just an armchair supporter

Happy to say I have been proven wrong.  Curry has been exceptional so far. Just a shame we seem to be so intent with the kicking game, when it is off slightly we have nothing else. Tuilagi must be wondering why he bothered getting fit (and then reminds himself of the 2.6m reasons he has done so). Genuinely don't get why you would have him in there and not want to use him. He would have given Parkes a torrid day yesterday as proven by the one time he did get to run at him.

A bit cross about the performance.

Offline ye olde 9

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2019, 10:05:32 AM »
The English fans seem to be quiet on this thread. Alf nice doing business :)

Offline Play On

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2019, 11:26:22 AM »
unexpected fiver handed over to YE09 on Sat who was practically doing a pole dance in celebration. Not good!

Offline Dan Nulty

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2019, 12:09:55 PM »
I'm more in shock at how poor we were and how little we tried to use the ball positively.  I hate kicking anyway.

Offline oneoftheoldfarts

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2019, 12:36:28 PM »
More kicking than at Wembley yesterday. We get possession and then give it away, glad I didn’t pay the ridiculous prices for a ticket to watch. Rugby is a game to be played with th ball in hand.

Offline Play On

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2019, 03:52:42 PM »
I'm more in shock at how poor we were and how little we tried to use the ball positively.  I hate kicking anyway.
I am with you Dan. Everyone can have off days but it was wasteful and i saw what Italy have done and France on occasion in the first half v Wales with ball in hand. The talent they have and not to have Tuilagi more involved just played into my mates hands of kick and clap and i couldn't argue.